Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Given the ability to churn the personal card, I've never felt the need to get the biz version. I've collected at least 150K miles without paying any fees. It does take time, so it might have sense to pay the fees if you're in a hurry.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
a benie is benefits or a small hat worn by kids from the rascals
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
a benie a small hat worn by kids
Ha, Then there are 2 types of benies, one with a propeller on top and one without.

Cheers
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Pencegeri
This all depends on the link used. I was approved for the Platinum with the fee not waived, and I received these as well.

Truth is even if denied for no fee card and have to pay the initial 1st year fee, the card is still worth it as the cost/mile ratio is still very very low.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
The signup bonuses are not the same. I believe you only get 15k with the platinum plus up to 10k for balance transfers (which aren't worth the fees).
I was just told by the rep that the sign up bonus is the same: fee waived + 35k on first use + 10k on anniversary. the difference is in the mastercard network (car insurance, services, etc)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by sharka
Ha, Then there are 2 types of benies, one with a propeller on top and one without.

Cheers
If i were to wear one id go with propeller
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Given the ability to churn the personal card, I've never felt the need to get the biz version. I've collected at least 150K miles without paying any fees. It does take time, so it might have sense to pay the fees if you're in a hurry.
How many months did you let pass before applying again? I have thought about that but my only concern is that the with the merger these cards may not be available for much longer so why not get the business card.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:16 am

@Mountain Trader: Thanks!!!!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2013...e-merger-plans

...This work will help the two carriers plan how to sequence the steps they will take to harmonize their operations, a process that will take about two years...Soon after the merger closes, he said, the goal is to allow passengers to book flights on both carriers on a single itinerary and combine some operations in Fort Worth, which means bringing some employees from US Airways’ current headquarters in Tempe, Ariz. Within six months, the two hope to start moving their planes around, matching the size of the plane with the demand on a route. They also want to let passengers earn and redeem miles on the other carrier’s frequent-flier plan, and harmonize some product offerings such as food and beverages on board and align some passenger processing procedures...

Suggests card will be available for 1 - 2 more years, should be able to use US miles to book AA, visa versa in the beginning of 2014.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by marktelefono
I got email today - 4/24/13

As far as I can tell there is nothing I need to sign up for, or confirm. I guess I just spend the money and the bonus posts
I also saw nothing about registering for the spend-$750-for-3-months-earn-15000-miles offer that was sent to me by mail and e-mail. I figured between now and May I would fire off an e-mail to Barclay's to ask whether I am required to do anything besides spend money to earn the bonus.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Got my card a couple of days ago, how long before the companion certificates arrive?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Mine came within the month
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:23 pm

so....

I applied for one card each for my wife and I. Instant approval and got the bonus points posted after first purchase. This was back in October.

I completely forgot about the companion certificates, and I'm certain I threw them out thinking it was just junk mail or a statement I don't need. Is there any way to get replacements?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by hsilman
so....

I applied for one card each for my wife and I. Instant approval and got the bonus points posted after first purchase. This was back in October.

I completely forgot about the companion certificates, and I'm certain I threw them out thinking it was just junk mail or a statement I don't need. Is there any way to get replacements?
Yes.. just call them.. I got a second one since I didn't receive the first since our mail was being forwarded.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
I also saw nothing about registering for the spend-$750-for-3-months-earn-15000-miles offer that was sent to me by mail and e-mail. I figured between now and May I would fire off an e-mail to Barclay's to ask whether I am required to do anything besides spend money to earn the bonus.
The email has all the terms & conditions... spend MORE THAN. $750.00 in the months of May, June and July, and get 15K bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.