Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Just was sharing notes with a friend and BINGO, I realized a pattern... the targeted 15K bonus offer seems to come about 3 months after you get the card.

Got mine in Oct, target offer was for Jan, Feb and March (points just posted).

Mr StartinSanDiego got his card in late Dec, his targeted offer was for March, April and May.

Can anyone collaborate this?
Yeah, same surprise hit me a few months after getting te card. I think it was 1,500 in 3 months for a 15K or so bonus (something like that). Pretty good offer...
Old May 7, 2013, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tailgater
Yeah, same surprise hit me a few months after getting te card. I think it was 1,500 in 3 months for a 15K or so bonus (something like that). Pretty good offer...
It may also have something to do with what Barclay's cards you already have - my wife and I both got the NFL card last year, then the US Airways card this year. I got the bonus offer on the NFL card, she got it on the US Airways card; we both had the same spending habits on both of the cards. They may limit these bonus offers to only certain cards if you have several with them.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by habsben
It may also have something to do with what Barclay's cards you already have - my wife and I both got the NFL card last year, then the US Airways card this year. I got the bonus offer on the NFL card, she got it on the US Airways card; we both had the same spending habits on both of the cards. They may limit these bonus offers to only certain cards if you have several with them.
I've received this "spending challenge" on both the US Air & NFL cards in the past six months. The only pattern I see is in both cases, I quit using the card after hitting the minimum spend or first purchase requirement. Within 1-2 months I received the offers. fwiw ymmv
Old May 8, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Nice. Thought the 10K would not post until after annual fee was charged.
This seems to vary as I think most got miles posted before fee due (including mine) but a few (including my wife) didn't get the miles posted until AFTER annual fee due date.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Will I receive any notification that the 10k miles have been deposited or will I just have to keep checking my account? My AF will come due in June and I was hoping that I get the 10k before the AF is due.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Just was sharing notes with a friend and BINGO, I realized a pattern... the targeted 15K bonus offer seems to come about 3 months after you get the card.

Got mine in Oct, target offer was for Jan, Feb and March (points just posted).

Mr StartinSanDiego got his card in late Dec, his targeted offer was for March, April and May.

Can anyone collaborate this?
Seems about right. I applied for the card 2/4, got it a week or so later. Met the non-existant spending requirement and used it only a couple times. Just got this offer last week for May, June, July.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I applied for card 2/18 and received 10 days later.. 1st statement 3/18 ( one purchase paid off), 2nd statement 4/18 ( no purchases)
no offers sent so far.. hoping by end of the month.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:29 pm

Delete. Sorry, misread prior post.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:49 pm

I just applied right now using this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post20653922

got the error screen, but when i checked my app i was approved for 10k CL
Old May 8, 2013, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
After some URL sleuthing I uncovered 3 links which all appear to offer the same 35k bonus after first purchase with annual fee waived:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1695&cellNumber=19 (T&Cs at bottom)

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31 (click link at top of app for T&Cs)

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=36 (T&Cs at bottom)

All three links go directly to the application, but you can see the bonus information in the T&Cs. IMO this is pretty much the best offer now that the 40k bonus on first purchase is dead. Get 'em before they die a blog-inflicted death.
40k bonus on first purchase exists for applications received on a US Air flight, but annual fee is NOT waived... what's the better offer???
Old May 8, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by NavyDoc
40k bonus on first purchase exists for applications received on a US Air flight, but annual fee is NOT waived... what's the better offer???
If you need the extra 5k miles right now or don't want to have to deal with spending, the 40k offer may be better. Otherwise, it doesn't cost anywhere near $89 to pick up 5000 miles.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by NavyDoc
Also, check T&C for bait and switch (get less miles if approved for a lower card)
Old May 8, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: A bunch
Can anyone who actually recieved the 15,000 miles from the spending offer tell me if it posted on a random date or did it post with a statement?

My offer was jan-march and i did amazon payment for the 3 months and its now May and i have yet to see it the miles post. My next statement is later in the month.

Thanks
Old May 8, 2013, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Can anyone who actually recieved the 15,000 miles from the spending offer tell me if it posted on a random date or did it post with a statement?

My offer was jan-march and i did amazon payment for the 3 months and its now May and i have yet to see it the miles post. My next statement is later in the month.

Thanks
Mine posted on the statement date in the month after the third month. So, I would of expected yours to post after your April statement. Maybe you did not have the $750 by the March statement, causing it to be delayed until your May statement?

Mine was Nov-Jan

DATE.........POST DATE.....................DESCRIPTION.............. ...MILES (my note)

11/24/2012 11/24/12 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 758 (all Nov spend)
12/25/2012 12/25/12 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 952 (all Dec spend)
01/25/2013 01/25/13 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 754 (all Jan spend)
02/23/2013 02/23/13 US WORLD CARD: ADJUSTMENT 15,000
Old May 8, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Mine posted with the 2nd statement following the last month of spending $750 per month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.