Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:13 am

Also used the link for no fee 35 K after first purchase. Shows approval online. Will verify bounus when I activate.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by esw30
Has anyone else had any experience with AP, either positive or negative, and getting the 15,000 bonus? I was assuming it would be fine but Travelsort suggested it might not. Thanks everyone!
AP works fine for the spend. I did it each month and mixed some other small spend in as well.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I just applied a few minutes ago today (4/25/2013) using the 2nd link you referenced, which I've posted below:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31

Saw that terms and conditions were what I wanted--35K after first purchase, annual fee waived the first year.

When I clicked the final OK to apply at the end, I got:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues. Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later."

Googled Flyertalk.com with the above text and saw to use the following link to check app status:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ja...lt_partner=003

Sure enough, I'd been approved. Hopefully will receive what was promised when I get the card and/or call earlier to confirm.

Thank you once again FT community. :-)
Thanks! Followed these links and same results for me
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Strange thing about the over $750/mo. bonus miles offer (15K) I got -- so far, it's only for my card. Nothing for my wife's card at this point. I applied for her at the same time, and made the same sort of trivial purchase to get the 40K bonus miles. For reasons I don't understand, she has a higher credit rating than I do.

I have no idea why my wife hasn't gotten this bonus offer.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
neither I nor my husband have received this offer and we both received the card at the same time in March and made a $10 purchase and haven't used it since.
Today a mailer came for him just remind him of all the benefits of using the card but no monthly offer.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
Put a $5 charge on the card a week or so after I got it in February. Haven't touched it since. The 15k flyer showed up a week ago.

It seems that people who have been receiving the offer have generally ignored the card after their first purchase, although it also seems that some people who have done this haven't received the offer.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
neither I nor my husband have received this offer and we both received the card at the same time in March and made a $10 purchase and haven't used it since.
Today a mailer came for him just remind him of all the benefits of using the card but no monthly offer.
Pretty much the same. Each of us got card in March. Wife made a 12.00 purchase. Me, 130.00. Nothing, though my wife received the same mailer.

Originally Posted by gvol21
Put a $5 charge on the card a week or so after I got it in February. Haven't touched it since. The 15k flyer showed up a week ago.

It seems that people who have been receiving the offer have generally ignored the card after their first purchase, although it also seems that some people who have done this haven't received the offer.
Maybe that works only for singles, not for couples.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Yes, you'll get the bonus. I have a few times as have many others here. No failure to get the bonus on new duplicate cards ever mentioned.
Okay thank you was worried nothing in the e-mail about bonus + I never got a card that is exactly the same before to know how it would work out.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
My wife also got the offer. None so far for me.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
Maybe that works only for singles, not for couples.
Wife and I both got the offer (email then flyer) and applied about a week apart.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:24 am
cnn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

To people who have got the 15k offer, is there a link or a phone number so that you can confirm the enrollment of the offer? If there is, people who did not get the offer like me can use to check if they are eligible.

Last edited by cnn; Apr 28, 2013 at 6:25 am
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by cnn
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

To people who have got the 15k offer, is there a link or a phone number so that you can confirm the enrollment of the offer? If there is, people who did not get the offer like me can use to check if they are eligible.
the phone number is on the back of your card.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:25 am
cnn

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Originally Posted by cnn

the phone number is on the back of your card.
Thanks. I already called a few times but CSRs don't know anything.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
to this day, I have not received such an offer, neither has wife, I hate it!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by cnn

Thanks. I already called a few times but CSRs don't know anything.
You can send in a secure message and get a reply within a couple days. I got the offer the end of last year via a flyer in the mail, but did not take advantage of it. I sent a message ~30 days ago asking if I was eligible for any new offers and was told politely no - not at this time but that they would mail me future offers should they become available for my card - not holding my breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.