Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
If the big update was run on Sat night 4/14/07 - I am stilling getting this message when trying to "VIEW" a reservation.

"We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary."

Date corrected - Sat 4/14/07. By the way the agent told me LOTS of people were calling about the problem. I suspect they even added extra agents - since on one call I got a stupid agent when I asked to separate a two person reservation - asking me - why would you want to do that - duh!

Last edited by cova; Apr 15, 2007 at 12:05 pm
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cova
If the big update was run on Sat night 4/17/07 - I am stilling getting this message when trying to "VIEW" a reservation.

Are you sure thats the correct date, as today is 4/15/07?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I checked my wife in for her flight this evening. When I did so I moved her from 6C to 5D. The boarding pass shows 5D. I subsequently used the "Change or View Reservations -- view/change seats" button (next to the reservation (from the main web site page when logged in) and it shows the seat as 6C, with 5D occupied. I realize I can not change the seat from this screen, but shouldn't the correct one be displayed? Of course, going back to the online checkin tool it shows the seat as 5D with 6C empty. Clearly something is not being updated properly.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I checked my wife in for her flight this evening. When I did so I moved her from 6C to 5D. The boarding pass shows 5D. I subsequently used the "Change or View Reservations -- view/change seats" button (next to the reservation (from the main web site page when logged in) and it shows the seat as 6C, with 5D occupied. I realize I can not change the seat from this screen, but shouldn't the correct one be displayed? Of course, going back to the online checkin tool it shows the seat as 5D with 6C empty. Clearly something is not being updated properly.
I just encountered the same issue-at checkin I moved from 7D to 5D and printed the BP.
Checking on it later showed the original seat assignment,not the new one.

BTW-as of now,I've been lucky with Plat upgrades,but the good luck seems to have run out tomorrow.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by xyzzy
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....8&postcount=26
Old Apr 17, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
Bug with other people's reservations I book

I’m the family travel agent and book stuff for my wife and kids regularly.

Their reservations show up in the current reservations section of the My Account page UNTIL their first segment departs. At this point, they show up under the “All Saved Reservations" link on the My Account page (which takes you to the Home > Manage Reservations page). The problem is at this point is that instead of the usual View Reservation link the only link under the itinerary is “Purchase Now”.

I can log in with their OnePass and pin and see the in progress itinerary correctly.

I’m not sure what CO.com is supposed to do, but I doubt it’s this.

IMHO it would be nice to access stuff I booked for others from my account for reasons like making sure I remember what time to pick the Mrs. Up from the airport.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
CO did run the big update last Sat night - it did fix many things - but I still was showing the message in a managed reservation:

However this time the tech support agent could fix the problem manually and now my reservation "VIEWS" as it should. Something about a comment line.

The net is many items fixed, some problems can occur from different ways, but CO is activity working to fix the remaining items or paths to items.

I am encouraged that things are getting fixed and thanks to CO and its IT team working on these issues.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:00 pm

Major Issues Persist...

Does anyone else find it exceedingly odd how CO.com continues to have pretty basic, major flaws even MONTHS after it's disastrous launch?

I just tried to book a reward reservation using AMEX points. Aside from the random screens that came up blank or oddly-populated throughout the process... the site kept insisting that I transfer 1,000 less AMEX points than I needed to complete the reservation and buy the rest from CO. When I called CO support, they were useless... they just kept telling me to transfer the full amount of AMEX points if that's what I wanted to do... and didn't "get" that THEIR WEB SITE WOULDN'T LET ME DO SO!

Finally, when we discovered a work-around (after 20 min of trying to explain the problem), I was able to transfer the points from AMEX and complete the purchase... but then I got an error message on the confirmation screen that said my AMEX transfer was incomplete! When I called both AMEX and CO to see what the problem was, CO wouldn't even talk to me (kept blaming AMEX) and AMEX didn't have a clue what I was talking about (saying it was CO's problem if it happened at CO.com).

These kinds of technical "glitches" are inexcusable at this point. Of all things NOT to invest serious time testing and re-testing, their main sales tool?? I don't get it.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 4:11 am

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
In the past 3 weeks I have taken 2 Intl trips (CCS and PRG), both times I have not been able to OLCI because of the www site or something else (unknown problems).

Is anyone else having problems with OLCI and Intl reservations recently, or is it as usual....just me?

FWIW I have had my passport info entered on CO.com for more than a year or two. Yes CCS required a Visa but this did not seem to be a factor. Last night heading to PRG even the CLE GA couldnt figure out why my reservation needed assistance at the kiosk, I ended up being #195 for Checkin when I should have been #1-10 as I tried to OLCI at the exact 24 hour mark.

Thanks though to CO...I guess I picked the right flights....EWR-BRU was heavily oversold and I got an opup....It was sweet as I crossed the 70k EQM mark..

Not that its much to tell but the CLE-EWR flight was also oversold, including FC. They needed seats and during boarding I noticed a FAM in the FC 735 cabin....tisk tisk...bumping paying pax on my tax dollars....Let alone the fact it hindered any chance of an EUA.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:45 pm

Reward Flight Search

I was doing a reward flight search for Birmingham, AL to LIS. I guessed at the Birmingham, AL airport code as BMG and was presented with an error message that says CO does not serve BMG (Bloomington, IN). I then entered "Birmingham, AL" and CO.com asked me to clarify Birmingham, AL or Birmingham, UK...no problem (even though it ignored the Alabama part), I selected BHM (Birmingham, AL). It then returns me to the flight screen but displays "One pass elite members may receive better search results if signed in". Once again no problem I click the highlighted Sign In text and CO.com logs me in. CO.COM then returns me to the search results screen reporting that Bloomington, IN is not served by it or any of its partners. I am back to square one and have to now re-enter all of the BMH information again.

Not a big deal...but aggravating.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold
No Notification of Sched Change - Ruins Itin!

Flying MDT-CLE-MCO-CLE-MDT this weekend. MDT-CLE leg is changed, resulting in a 5 minute connection time to hit CLE-MCO leg. Obviously won't happen, and might even get canceled by CO, I assume (min connect time restriction).

I got absolutely no notification of this. The only way I noticed: I happened to be looking at my one-pass account summary page, and saw a trip with the description: "4/27/2007 Flight: Harrisburg, PA (MDT) to Cleveland, OH (CLE)". I was confused by this because I'm pretty sure I'm not flying to CLE for a while. So I clicked on the details, and that's when I saw the schedule change in red letters.

(Needless to say, I am not happy.)

So, couple issues:
1) I didn't get notified of this. I would have showed up at the airport to find that my itin is canceled (or at least I would have to have the GA cancel it).
2) The account summary page shows the incorrect destination in this case. While this was great because it made me investigate, it certainly isn't the best way to handle this scenario.

Can give the confirmation number if needed.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:07 pm

Seat map (reserve):

This is really odd...

Looked up flights on a round trip (ewr-las). Wanted to see current seat map & judge whether I should rush to check in for an exit row.

So, I click "view seats" on the return flight. Everything is good. Click the outbound. The return flight tab changes into a connecting flight (via cle 23:15).

Search: ewr-las 4/26-4/29. Picked the 17:20 flight out and 14:10 back. I reproduced this on both i.e 7 and firefox, both logged in and not.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:57 pm

Seat map problem with CSA-CO codeshare

Flew CLE-EWR-BRU-PRG(with CSA) on Saturday.

Miles posted from CSA within a day, CO's posetd 2 days later....

Go to OLCI this morning for the return (PRG-BRU-EWR-CLE) and CO reports that I cannot checkin for a codeshare flight that starts with a CSA flight. Aggravated since I have no chance now of any EUA I accept that fact.

However looking at the reservation under my account to see my seat assignments it is still listing the outbound flight in my account, obviously that is wrong but I will overlook that detail too.

Looking at the return flights seatmap though is a problem/bug. It does show me the return flights seatmap, but in the little box labeled "seat summary by flight" the seats are offset by one flight. For PRG-BRU (via CSA) it shows me my seat assignment for COs BRU-EWR flight, for the BRU-EWR flight it shows me my EWR-CLE seat assignment. For EWR-CLE's seat assignment it shows me nothing.

The PRG-BRU seat assignment should have shown a "-" character.

A minor issue, but looking at the bigger picture CO please fix these Intl OLCI problems...they are aggravating for us that do mainly intl travel with you and your partners.

Edited to add: Looking at the flight times in View Current reservation that shows my already flown Saturday flight...CLE-EWR shows no flight time....EWR-BRU shows 0 Minutes....BRU-PRG shows no flight time...Total flight time displays 3 hours 23 minutes....

Last edited by CLEHillbilly; Apr 25, 2007 at 2:18 pm
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:38 pm

PDA Checkin - boarding pass email Outlook only?

Ok - I checked in on my PDA today... worked great (except for the previously reported 1 minute bug).

I elected to receive the boarding passes via email. I was able to see them in Acrobat moments later on my WM6 PDA.

I did notice that on my Blackberry, the only attachment was a large winmail.dat file.

Back home, I saw that this was true in Thunderbird as well. Seems you can only access the boarding passes using Outlook!

Given that I'd email the boarding passes when printing is difficult, I'd guess that people often use gmail, yahoo or other accounts to access and print. Shouldn't be outlook only (assuming that I didn't stumble upon something else).
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:59 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
I have an upcoming trip to LAX were I am on standby for an upgrade with miles on the outbound flight. I'd like to use the change flights feature to change the return flight. However, the standby for the outbound flight is in the listing for the section for the return. That is, when I select the day for the return and then try to change flights the webpage restricts me to looking for reward flights only and wants to change both the return flights and the standby portion for the outbound simultaneously (it thinks I'm looking for flights from LAX to LAX). It looks like I have to cancel the standby for the outbound in order to be able to change the return flight online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.