Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Added to First Class Standby List on Intl Itinerary

Saturday I did OLCI for CLE-EWR-MAD on Sunday afternoon...I was added to the FC standby list at checkin (big surprise, not, it asked me to upgrade but said it was not available).

I printed both BPs and I found it odd that both listed "added to FC standby list", even on the EWR-MAD BP. I do not recall seeing that in the past, just on the domestic tickets. Has anyone else noticed that?
Old May 7, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by sbm12
I see no point in making reservations that I won't be able to fly, but not being able to see them is not a deal breaker for me. Do you check in on them hourly to make sure that they're OK? I can see no OLCI as being frustrating, but I can't see changing my flying/travel habits because there are issues viewing some reservations. Just a thought.
You're music to CO's ears I'm sure. Almost 2 weeks ago, I bought a ticket. I immediately could not view the reservations as soon as I bought it. Furthermore, the attendant in a President's Club tried several times to pull the reservation up and was finding that 2 of the 3 flights didn't exist. It sure makes me wonder what I bought.
Old May 8, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
Saturday I did OLCI for CLE-EWR-MAD on Sunday afternoon...I was added to the FC standby list at checkin (big surprise, not, it asked me to upgrade but said it was not available).

I printed both BPs and I found it odd that both listed "added to FC standby list", even on the EWR-MAD BP. I do not recall seeing that in the past, just on the domestic tickets. Has anyone else noticed that?
I just printed my BPs for a TATL flight tomorrow. I already upgraded to BF with miles and it still tells me I have been added to the first class standby list!

Sounds like the programmers (and testers) made a boo-boo and are just checking the equip (and availability?) on the flight. Current cabin (or fare class) and Domestic/INTL needs to be checked as well...
Old May 8, 2007, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I received a 3-day EUA on a flight recently. When I attempted to do OLCI on the day of the flight, I received the "unable to complete checkin" error message. When I called the elite line, they said that the EUA "changed" the reservation when it occured and that they would fix the problem. They did, and I was able to check in online, but I have never had that happen before.
Old May 8, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: UA MM
I was just "added to the first class standby list" for EWR-GVA. Please, let it be true, as the flight looks empty. :-)

More seriously: Who was the dimwit, pardon my bluntness, that changed the display of OLCI boarding passes so that multiple passes appear on a single web page?

Hasn't it occurred to the Microsoft propellerheads at CO that not everybody is going to be using the same operating system, web browser, with the same font size, and the same paper size, etc? The way they are doing it now will obviously lead to problems.

My boarding passes, which should have been 2 printed sheets, bled over onto 4 sheets.

Pardon, but that "enhancement" seems idiotic to me. Right up there with the moron who started the "PNR Roulette" game by putting the unencoded PNR's in the URLs at the last major "enhancement" </rant>
Old May 8, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
I just waitlisted a mileage upgrade - "view current reservation" is now quite messed up:

Code:
to on Tue., Jun. 12, 2007
to on Fri., Jun. 15, 2007
to on Tue., Jun. 12, 2007
to on Fri., Jun. 15, 2007
This reservation has been eTicketed and confirmed.
Flight Details:
Travel time also shows as zero. Both current and waitlist segments show this way. I have a screen shot if needed.

Update: I can no longer access the reservation at all.
Update2: called co.com support - they did something and now I can access everything properly again.

Last edited by mbreuer; May 8, 2007 at 11:47 am Reason: updated info
Old May 8, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by perezoso
I was just "added to the first class standby list" for EWR-GVA. Please, let it be true, as the flight looks empty. :-)

More seriously: Who was the dimwit, pardon my bluntness, that changed the display of OLCI boarding passes so that multiple passes appear on a single web page?

Hasn't it occurred to the Microsoft propellerheads at CO that not everybody is going to be using the same operating system, web browser, with the same font size, and the same paper size, etc? The way they are doing it now will obviously lead to problems.

My boarding passes, which should have been 2 printed sheets, bled over onto 4 sheets.

Pardon, but that "enhancement" seems idiotic to me. Right up there with the moron who started the "PNR Roulette" game by putting the unencoded PNR's in the URLs at the last major "enhancement" </rant>
Dimwit is a little strong. I actually find this to be a great enhancement so I don't have to go through and print multiple pages. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Old May 8, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
Dimwit is a little strong. I actually find this to be a great enhancement so I don't have to go through and print multiple pages. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Yeah. Dimwit is way too strong. Fact is, if parent had printed the pages separately, he/she would have gotten the same 4 pages. There's nothing CO can do about that. Repeat after me: the web is not print, the web is not print...

CO inserts page breaks where needed with a stylesheet. The rest is up to your printer and settings.

The enhancement is the fact that you do not have to click n times to print out all n BPs. Why the hell would I want to print only one of my BPs anyway?
Old May 8, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Considering everyone is having the same problems...what is totally discouraging is the fact that all CO support (Elite line, WWW support, etc) seem to have the attitude that this is a new problem and they don't know what to do when you speak voice to them. Have they each not had 3-50 calls on this same issue today?

A little courtesy from them would go a LONG way in saying "Oh sorry Mr CleHillbilly we have had a recent problem and we know how to fix it ASAP". Even if they told me we realise there is a problem but do NOT know how to fix it would gain some confindence from me. Currently they act suprised and run us through SOP saying "I can see the reservation without a problem", acting like we are 3 yrs olds using the internet for the first time trying to guide us through logging into my account only not to be able to view the reservation.....Come on CO, just be honest with us when we finally break down and call/email you.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but it is, and I am rather offended when a company I spend thousand of dollars each month with treats its customers with this kind of an attitude. CO Support, lets get it together....Por Favor!
Old May 8, 2007, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
Hear! Hear!

acting like we are 3 yrs olds using the internet for the first time trying to guide us through logging into my account only not to be able to view the reservation.....Come on CO, just be honest with us when we finally break down and call/email you.
CO Support, lets get it together....Por Favor!
Got the same treatment via [email protected]

They actually told me to look at receipt while not logged into profile to see flights. Well gosh I guess that would work if I hadn't change the routing, duh.
Old May 8, 2007, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
Wink

Originally Posted by perezoso

Take it easy tiger, a lot of us have dreamed about getting all that on one page. If you don't like it choose the new file/something or other option that gets you a proper .PDF. I for one have dreamt of the day we could save these things without saving the .html, enabling me to e-mail it to a co-worker at various sites I travel to and have them print it so I don't have to install yet another printer to print one piece of paper.
Old May 8, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
Considering everyone is having the same problems...what is totally discouraging is the fact that all CO support (Elite line, WWW support, etc) seem to have the attitude that this is a new problem and they don't know what to do when you speak voice to them. Have they each not had 3-50 calls on this same issue today?

A little courtesy from them would go a LONG way in saying "Oh sorry Mr CleHillbilly we have had a recent problem and we know how to fix it ASAP". Even if they told me we realise there is a problem but do NOT know how to fix it would gain some confindence from me. Currently they act suprised and run us through SOP saying "I can see the reservation without a problem", acting like we are 3 yrs olds using the internet for the first time trying to guide us through logging into my account only not to be able to view the reservation.....Come on CO, just be honest with us when we finally break down and call/email you.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but it is, and I am rather offended when a company I spend thousand of dollars each month with treats its customers with this kind of an attitude. CO Support, lets get it together....Por Favor!

I feel the same way. I've sent emails with increasing details to try and get the problem solved, but I essentially get the same message back- I should view the receipt. Problem is, I made one of the reservations using a previously canceled ticket and when I view the receipt, I see the orginal flight not the changed one.

I should have some time tomorrow to sit on the phone and argue, but from reading what everyone else has written, I don't think its going to do me much good.
Old May 8, 2007, 7:00 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by sonoranjerseygirl
I feel the same way. I've sent emails with increasing details to try and get the problem solved, but I essentially get the same message back- I should view the receipt. Problem is, I made one of the reservations using a previously canceled ticket and when I view the receipt, I see the orginal flight not the changed one.

I should have some time tomorrow to sit on the phone and argue, but from reading what everyone else has written, I don't think its going to do me much good.
I called co.com support - they understood the issue and fixed it while I was on the phone. The CSR was professional and polite. I'd strongly suggest calling co.com support and not the elite desk for these types of issues. Similarly, I would email co.com support, not onepass.
Old May 8, 2007, 10:34 pm

[Deleted - moving discussion over to specific thread on this.]

Last edited by perezoso; May 9, 2007 at 12:46 am
Old May 8, 2007, 10:39 pm

[Deleted - moving discussion over to specific thread on this.]

Last edited by perezoso; May 9, 2007 at 12:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.