Reload this Page >

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Just be aware that AFIT graduation is at the Museum the evening of March 24. It doesn't start until after closing time, but there might be larger crowds from family members in town for graduation. I'll have to pass on meeting up, unfortunately. Thursday will be spent finishing packing my moving truck and then at graduation, and I'll be hitting the road as early as I can Friday. I have quite a bit of driving to do before unpacking my truck and then flying SAT-LAX-BNE on Sunday.
Thanks for the AFIT info; sorry it looks like I will miss you!

P.S. - Leaving Dayton Friday morning and flying out of SAT on Sunday? I hope you have someone to help you with driving/unpacking the truck!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'm local so pretty flexible. March 11-13 probably wouldn't work for me, but my schedule is mostly open otherwise in March. April 8-9 I'm out of town.

I actually haven't made it to the Century Bar mentioned up-thread but am anxious to try it, having received many recommendations from friends.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Thanks for the AFIT info; sorry it looks like I will miss you!

P.S. - Leaving Dayton Friday morning and flying out of SAT on Sunday? I hope you have someone to help you with driving/unpacking the truck!
Fortunately, my dad will be doing the drive with me, and then he and my wife will be available to help me unpack. We also really only have to get things unloaded into the front room of the house; the rest of unpacking can wait until we return from Oz.

Originally Posted by 84fiero
I'm local so pretty flexible. March 11-13 probably wouldn't work for me, but my schedule is mostly open otherwise in March. April 8-9 I'm out of town.

I actually haven't made it to the Century Bar mentioned up-thread but am anxious to try it, having received many recommendations from friends.
I'm only quoting this one reply, but it sounds like March 18-20 would work better for a majority of respondents. Is this a correct assessment? I'd like to get something selected pretty soon in case anyone is buying tickets to travel into town.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm only quoting this one reply, but it sounds like March 18-20 would work better for a majority of respondents. Is this a correct assessment? I'd like to get something selected pretty soon in case anyone is buying tickets to travel into town.
That weekend is still open for me schedule-wise, although with work I am probably looking at a red-eye on Friday night and an evening flight out on Sunday, which right now looks like $428 in UA kettle class or $499/37.5K pesos into CVG. I might have an ace up my sleeve though, need to check on something...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I need to look at my bicoastal work split ... currently thinking to fly WAS-SEA on Thurs afternoon, attend a cybersecurity colloquium the morning of Fri 18th, and work from home the following week ... if I can promote that by a week I might be on a jet to DAY/CMH/CVG Sat morning (maybe even Fri afternoon or redeye; search the Delta Lounge thread for the key phrase "supportive partner" ... she's met the two gentlemen behind this plan, and certainly understands my interest in joining in the social activities)
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SFO-CVG dropped to 30K pesos this morning so I went ahead and grabbed that just to have something in place, since I can always cancel it later...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
I need to look at my bicoastal work split ... currently thinking to fly WAS-SEA on Thurs afternoon, attend a cybersecurity colloquium the morning of Fri 18th, and work from home the following week ... if I can promote that by a week I might be on a jet to DAY/CMH/CVG Sat morning (maybe even Fri afternoon or redeye; search the Delta Lounge thread for the key phrase "supportive partner" ... she's met the two gentlemen behind this plan, and certainly understands my interest in joining in the social activities)

I'm not committing to anything quite yet, because I'm not sure how things will be then, between school and such.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:13 am
Original Poster

I'm having trouble nailing down a weekend that really works for most of us. I'm still available the middle two weekends in March, but it sounds like numerous people have issues with each of those. If we don't get a DO together by the time I leave I'm still happy to meet any locals or visitors for drinks.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
:-: If we don't get a DO together by the time I leave I'm still happy to meet any locals or visitors for drinks.
^ Good
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Nice to see this thread pop up occasionally.

If I am in town, I am always ready to join some FT'ers for drinks and nibbles.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:41 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I would like to go. It just seems the Wright thing to do.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
I'm having trouble nailing down a weekend that really works for most of us. I'm still available the middle two weekends in March, but it sounds like numerous people have issues with each of those. If we don't get a DO together by the time I leave I'm still happy to meet any locals or visitors for drinks.
any takers for Thurs 10th (dinner over beer and/or bourbon)?

I'm going SEA-LAX on Tues evening 8 Mar for work purposes on Wed ... I can get the Wed redeye to CMH (very decent A fare on the flat-bed 763 over ATL => obvious SDC-via-JFK possibilities); already booked the DAY Marriott for Thurs night
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

I'm going SEA-LAX on Tues evening 8 Mar for work purposes on Wed ... I can get the Wed redeye to CMH (very decent A fare on the flat-bed 763 over ATL => obvious SDC-via-JFK possibilities); already booked the DAY Marriott for Thurs night
I'm hoping to be flying to DCA on the 10th for the ACC tournament, but I'm still waiting to find out about some potential scheduling conflicts regarding my final final exam of grad school. I hope to have it sorted out by Monday at the latest.

If I'm around I'd love to meet up. I assume you're referring to the Marriott just off the UD campus by Carillon park. There's a brewery in the park now that brews in the German tradition. I haven't actually tried their beers, but I went to an Oktoberfest event that they hosted. Weird story, you couldn't get their beers unless you sat in the restaurant, but the outdoor area had several tents selling actual German beers.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LA-->DC on the Wed redeye would probably be better for me in terms of professional dynamics, since I'm going DC-->SEA on 25 Feb ... LOTS of possibilities to meet up in this area, and some of the DC Happy Hour regulars might be interested as well
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

Count me as a definite. I assume you have my cell phone number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.