Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
All, sorry for posting and then literally going offline for awhile. I was gone for the weekend and have spent the week preparing for and taking exams.

I've since discovered that the April date I suggested conflicts with another event that several who have posted here will be attending.

Originally Posted by jrl767
I think there are two possible typos that can be considered:

23-25 Jan is indeed a weekend, but from a fair amount of experience I can say that DAY in late Jan is probably not a great idea in terms of potential weather complications

13-15 Feb is Presidents' Day weekend (incl Mon 16), so that's probably not a good idea either
Looking back now, I'm not sure what exactly I meant. I was trying to get the post completed so I could head to the airport. It may have been the January date that I was trying to propose, but that's probably not the best time to come to OH. I will be house shopping (hopefully in TX) Presidents' Day weekend, but if the long weekend is better that's a possibility that could be considered with someone else taking the reins.

I'll re-propose:

Feb 13-16 (Pres Day weekend and I'm gone)
Feb 20-22
Feb 27 - March 1
March 6-8
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'll re-propose:

Feb 20-22
Feb 27 - March 1
March 6-8
I am good with any of these dates, but would agree about staying away from Pres DAY weekend.

I am not sure how early on Fridays anyone may be available/arriving, but there are special tours available on Friday afternoons for anyone particularly interested in restoration activity:

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/new...p?id=123429656

Get a first-hand look at the aircraft restoration process when you sign up for a Behind the Scenes Tour at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. Registration for these free tours, which take place nearly every Friday from 12:15-3 p.m., is now open through May 2015. Space is limited, so advance registration is required....
I will probably need to be at work on Friday afternoon, but thought it may be of interest to others.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:36 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am good with any of these dates, but would agree about staying away from Pres DAY weekend.
same here, agreed.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
All, sorry for posting and then literally going offline for awhile. I was gone for the weekend and have spent the week preparing for and taking exams.

I've since discovered that the April date I suggested conflicts with another event that several who have posted here will be attending.

Looking back now, I'm not sure what exactly I meant. I was trying to get the post completed so I could head to the airport. It may have been the January date that I was trying to propose, but that's probably not the best time to come to OH. I will be house shopping (hopefully in TX) Presidents' Day weekend, but if the long weekend is better that's a possibility that could be considered with someone else taking the reins.

I'll re-propose:

Feb 20-22
Feb 27 - March 1
March 6-8
I'm booked elsewhere on President's Day weekend, but the rest can be made to work for me.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't care if it's President's Day, but I'd prefer it not be March 6-8 as that's my Spring Break and I may be going elsewhere.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:38 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
it does http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...12-2015-a.html
So thanks for proposing the following dates^
I'll re-propose:

Feb 20-22
Feb 27 - March 1
March 6-8
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
one vote for 6-8 Mar; second choice 27 Feb - 1 Mar
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:37 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Will try to make it!!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
My preference would be Feb 20-22; second choice March 6-8
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Definitely interested as it is a short drive from Columbus.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'd vote for Feb 20-22
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:17 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
I'll keep following this; I have family there and there's plenty to do. The AF-1 hangar at WPAFB will blow you away, though I miss the days when you could drive on base and park at the hangar.

Count me as tentative on this depending on how the date works out. As for the date, the later the better. March is still susceptible to snow,
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
All proposed dates are good for me so far.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I could do March or early April.

Bruce
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Lightbulb Fairborn - The E. J. Nutter Ctr.

This could work for me.
I would keenly endorse the last weekend in April (24-26 April). ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.