DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO it Wright - Dayton, OH - Dates TBD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jrl767
any takers for Thurs 10th (dinner over beer and/or bourbon)?

I'm going SEA-LAX on Tues evening 8 Mar for work purposes on Wed ... I can get the Wed redeye to CMH (very decent A fare on the flat-bed 763 over ATL => obvious SDC-via-JFK possibilities); already booked the DAY Marriott for Thurs night
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Count me as a definite. I assume you have my cell phone number?
That would be great. I will have to be a "maybe" for now until some work travel gets scheduled. Should know more in the next couple of days.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mattp1987
If I'm around I'd love to meet up. I assume you're referring to the Marriott just off the UD campus by Carillon park. There's a brewery in the park now that brews in the German tradition. I haven't actually tried their beers, but I went to an Oktoberfest event that they hosted. Weird story, you couldn't get their beers unless you sat in the restaurant, but the outdoor area had several tents selling actual German beers.
The brewery in Carillon park is so-so. Interesting atmosphere, but the beer is pretty "meh". Would be a great place to hang out if they had some actual German beers to drink. Sorry I missed out on their Octoberfest event.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
LA-->DC on the Wed redeye would probably be better for me in terms of professional dynamics, since I'm going DC-->SEA on 25 Feb ... LOTS of possibilities to meet up in this area, and some of the DC Happy Hour regulars might be interested as well
Actually, I'll probably end up flying into RIC, staying at a friend's house in the Fan not far from your son, and driving up Thursday. I'd probably be able to meet the group sometime Thurs-Sat evening (or afternoon) depending on the game schedule.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
The brewery in Carillon park is so-so. Interesting atmosphere, but the beer is pretty "meh". Would be a great place to hang out if they had some actual German beers to drink. Sorry I missed out on their Octoberfest event.
I've heard the same from friends. It looks like the Germanfest Picnic has been scheduled for this year on the second weekend of August. http://www.daytonlocal.com/things-to...illon-park.asp

I can definitely vouch for the beers at the four downtown breweries - Dayton Beer Co, Warped Wing, Toxic, and Fifth Street. Fifth Street is a co-op brewpub with a full menu, and Warped Wing recently put in a restaurant. DBC is the best for watching sports and is the "home" of the local chapter of the US Soccer supporters club; it was standing room only for the Women's World Cup matches last summer.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

GRALISTAIR and I are meeting for dinner at Warped Wing tomorrow (Saturday) at 1900 in case anyone wants to join.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
since my 10 Mar plan has evaporated, I am now seriously considering a standalone trek from DC the following weekend ... it remains to be seen if I'll be able to get in Thurs night or Fri morning to catch up with my AF colleagues at the base on Fri, but Fri and/or Sat (18th/19th) have high potential for FT socializing if there is interest from the Dayton/Wright-Patt community
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GRALISTAIR and I are meeting for dinner at Warped Wing tomorrow (Saturday) at 1900 in case anyone wants to join.
Sounds great. I will join you...

My first time at Warped Wing. ^
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

since my 10 Mar plan has evaporated, I am now seriously considering a standalone trek from DC the following weekend ... it remains to be seen if I'll be able to get in Thurs night or Fri morning to catch up with my AF colleagues at the base on Fri, but Fri and/or Sat (18th/19th) have high potential for FT socializing if there is interest from the Dayton/Wright-Patt community
I should be available 18th/19th for socializing. Nothing on the calendar as of now. Let us know how things shake out.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

I should be available 18th/19th for socializing. Nothing on the calendar as of now. Let us know how things shake out.
I'm available for socializing as well. I won't be able to commit the whole weekend to activities like a full-blown DO.

Sounds great. I will join you...

My first time at Warped Wing. ^
When you walk in, the bar is straight ahead. The entrance to the restaurant, Spent Grain Grill, is on the right between the front door and the bar. Let's meet in that area right outside the restaurant. I've been to Warped Wing many times, but I've never tried the restaurant which just opened in Dec.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect. See you tonight.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

At Warped Wing with GRALISTAIR and goodeats21 enjoying pizza and beer. BobBell was with us too. He left before I posted

Last edited by mattp1987; Feb 20, 2016 at 9:40 pm Reason: One more attendee...needed to check username
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
At Warped Wing with GRALISTAIR and goodeats21 enjoying pizza and beer.
And above all - the company - great evening - thanks all ^
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:42 pm

I had a great time tonight at the Warped Wing in Dayton. Great to throw a few back with Mattp1987, GRALISTAIR and goodeats21.

Bob Bell
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree on all counts. Pizza was OK, Beer was good, company was great.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Right now that weekend looks pretty clear for me
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

At this point it's probably only really applicable to locals, but Zorak, goodeats21, and I are meeting Saturday evening the 19th for drinks and dinner. I know Zorak is planning to do some of the aviation sites during the day Saturday and/or Sunday; I may join him for some. Let us know if you're interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.