next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Welcome all to the DC Metro Area Happy Hour Thread!

Our Happy Hours aren't necessarily restricted to just Happy Hours - they can, and usually do, include lunch or dinner.

One handy tip: Do go to an ATM and carry cash with you - its always easier to settle a bill if everyone has cash - rather than having 10 credit cards on the table. And we can let the host/hostess (organizer) use a credit card if they prefer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Our next event will be dinner on Thursday, the 8th of August. Please consider coming!

We have yet to pick a time and place, but are leaning toward something in the Clarendon/Courthouse area.

We welcome all suggestions on locations, dates and times. We do make an effort to spread things out geographically, recognizing the dining diversity in the DC region. Generally, we try to have an event every four to six weeks.

Out-of-town visitors are welcome at all of our events and are encouraged to post to the thread when they'll be in the DC area. We often try to schedule Happy Hours for dates when we know that visitors will be in town.

Previous events:

Date: Thursday, April 11, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Ping Pong

Date: Monday, July 2, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: The San Antonio Bar & Grill in Crystal City
Event: PeteJ's visit from CBR.

Date: Friday, June 1, 2012
Time: 6:30pm
Place: Crystal City Sports Pub -- 3rd floor - high tables near the bar

Date: Monday, April 30, 2012
Time: Drinks at 6:30pm; Dinner at 7:00pm
Place: Seasons 52, at Tysons Corner Center
Menu

Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Time: 6:30 pm
Place: Sine Irish Pub

Date: Wednesday, February 22d
Time: 6:15 p.m.
Place: Burger Tap & Shake, 2200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, at the Foggy Bottom Metro Station on the Blue and Orange Line

Old DC Happy Hour Threads (in case you want to see the fun stuff we have been up to):

The 2011 DC Area Happy Hour Thread
The 2010 DC Area Happy Hour Thread
The 2009 DC Area Happy Hour Thread
The 2008 DC Area Happy Hour Thread
The 2007 DC Area Happy Hour Thread
The 2006 DC Area Happy Hour Thread
The New DC Monthly FT Happy Hour Thread
Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread
DC Monthly Happy Hours

Last edited by gvdIAD; Jul 26, 2013 at 11:31 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
What about The Hamilton? New and getting a lot of buzz.

Or one of the two new places from the Passion Food group (the same folks behind Acadiana, Ceiba, DC Coast and Passion Fish)? Both District Commons and Burger Tap and Shake are right next to the Foggy Bottom metro and seem to be pretty lively when I've walked by.

Any night but Thursday works for me right now, though I have lots of random other things scheduled.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
I'm hoping my participation should be more active this year with my new gig, considering I'll be spending more of my time in The District. ^
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
I'm hoping my participation should be more active this year with my new gig, considering I'll be spending more of my time in The District. ^
Good to hear -- and with more spent time in the District, I'll be expecting you to make some restaurant recommendations!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:31 am

Programs: their are many of them
I shall be around will do what I can to attend/ organize when feasible
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: SPG
I'm looking forward to attending some more events this year!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Corporate travel budget's been reduced, so I'll be around more this year. Once I get my EXP re-qualified by end of February, that is....
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Let's try for a midweek get together if possible. The Hamilton sounds interesting and I heard is a huge place (as in 37,000 sq. ft. of restaurant space) here in the District at 14th and F. The place is accessible to the McPherson Square Metro Station.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

My February is fairly busy, but I would be available for something on Wednesday the 22nd (yes, I know it's Ash Wednesday, but it really is the only midweek day I have open in February). Burger Tap & Shake sounds like a very good fit for an amorphous group like ours. Interest?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
My February is fairly busy, but I would be available for something on Wednesday the 22nd (yes, I know it's Ash Wednesday, but it really is the only midweek day I have open in February). Burger Tap & Shake sounds like a very good fit for an amorphous group like ours. Interest?
I think I'm open that night, though I have the risk of a last minute business trip.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We're back in Reston this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and would love to cash in that weather waiver at Passion Fish from last time when we needed to blow out of town.

Right now there are no storms predicted so if there is anybody around out there who would like to join us, let me know.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:48 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by mhnadel
I think I'm open that night, though I have the risk of a last minute business trip.
I am available on Wednesday, 22 February as well.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by monitor
We're back in Reston this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and would love to cash in that weather waiver at Passion Fish from last time when we needed to blow out of town.
Friday is doable for me, as long as it is after about 7 p.m.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
I'll be away, so will miss you again. Surely sometime this year we'll be in the DC area at the same time!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mhnadel
Friday is doable for me, as long as it is after about 7 p.m.
Friday, 7PM, Passion Fish. Let's do it. ^
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I'll be away, so will miss you again. Surely sometime this year we'll be in the DC area at the same time!
Sorry to miss you this time, but we are sure to bump into each other at one of these Happy Hours very soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.