NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Thanks. I ended up switching to NH 1012 NRT-ORD and onwards back to DTW, keeping NH 340 for NGO-NRT.

Though I thought hard about doing the NRT-HND transfer just for the experience of having done it.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just a friendly bump to see if anyone else, is interested in joining us.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
accomodations

If anybody is sitting on the global hotel cards that were on sale at Sams (globalhotelcard.com) the Hilton is half price for the 72 hour sale...I don't know when it's over. Just booked Sun & Mon night for $77 ea with the $50 off card (I got the cards from Sams for 15 bucks - so a great deal). Sat night is still regular price.

just fyi...

and this: Nagoya Tokyu 28 bucks, scroll down to Summer Family Plan, looks like a mistake rate
https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?tps=f...SD&panel=false

**mistake rate now gone*

Last edited by redreeper; Sep 4, 2014 at 5:42 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:57 am
Suspended

Hey i sleep in Yokohama is there a cheap way to see you?
That will be my second ft do in my life. yey...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hertz
Nagoya "NGO DO" October 26th 2014

Anybody know the best place in nagoya to get sashimi/sushi?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by gunney07
Anybody know the best place in nagoya to get sashimi/sushi?
I am unsure at the moment, but would really like to go. I have been reading some blogs and things to do. Is anyone up for a Brewery Tour and (3 Big Free Beers) I was reading that they tour in English at requested times. Not far from the city center.
http://nagoya-info.com/sightseeing/brewery-tours/
Why dont we all start placing our "small" wish list of things to do. Since its been awhile.. perhaos we can all renew our commitment. I had sent out a PM to all those (whom said they ticketed) based on the "NGO AC Flash Sale Thread". Afew have confimed and a few have not. Those whom have are in the earlier post upstream..

Since we are in NGO for a short time, perhaps we can set up a few Group Events based on our collective Interests and Desire. By making the wish list (let us know if you have some local knowledge as well) we can guide ourselves accordingly. Consider me a foodie and a scribe. I have not been to Japan before so I am looking for those whom may have some knowledge to help us all out. What do you think about my thoughts here.. Looking forward..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Sep 18, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Here is a good link that shows the various types of food available in Nagoya:

http://www.mynagoya.net/restaurants/japanese/
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:05 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
I might be able to attend the DO. I got the Summitt hotel promotion for 9 days but there is a chance I might leave early. I am still trying to figure out what to do there. I will most likely use miles to get there, any suggestions what to do once I am there and what miles to use? I was considering a JR pass for the train to Kyoto and countryside stays and AA is 50K off peak econ tkt...
thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frank_10b
I might be able to attend the DO. I got the Summitt hotel promotion for 9 days but there is a chance I might leave early. I am still trying to figure out what to do there. I will most likely use miles to get there, any suggestions what to do once I am there and what miles to use? I was considering a JR pass for the train to Kyoto and countryside stays and AA is 50K off peak econ tkt...
thanks!
I would go to NRT for a few days.. Fast Trains are not that expensive. Did you just base your trip decision on the Hotel Sale?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ToGo
Hey i sleep in Yokohama is there a cheap way to see you?
That will be my second ft do in my life. yey...
...?!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hertz
Nagoya "NGO DO" October 26th 2014

Who else is flying out of msp on the 5:55 flight on the 24th? My brother and me are leaving then.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I would say check out a Sumo match but even-numbered month, no events.
Seriously disappointed.

Are we making a flight match up list?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Request for Confirmation: Please update your Status of Travel (see Post #2 for Interested Parties) Seems like gatherings on Saturday Evening and Sunday are the times we should work on. Has anyone have any specific ideas on what they would like to DO? I am leaning towards a Izakaya for Saturday Evening (arrivial for most) and Cultural Agenda (tours, sights etc..) and Lunch or Dinner on Sunday. Kindly post your specific ideas. Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 9, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:04 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Request for Confirmation: Please update your Status of Travel. Seems like gatherings on Saturday Evening and Sunday are the the times we should work on. Has anyone have any specific ideas on what they would like to DO? I am leaning towards a Izakaya for Saturday Evening (arrivial for most) and Cultural Agenda (tours, sights etc..) and Lunch or Dinner on Sunday. Kindly post your specific ideas. Thanks and Safe Travels
I can confirm 2 attendees, I vote for a nice foodie meal but not necessarily an expensive option on Friday, and a cultural event, tour on Sunday.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:31 am
Suspended

So the last time i ask is there an cheap way to get to the meeting from Yokohama?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.