FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1585836-ngo-do-10-25-9-30-pm-chicken-wings-beer-yamachan.html)

Flying Machine Jun 16, 2014 1:11 pm

NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan

Hi there,

Please let us know, if you have Interest in attending the "NGO DO" on Sunday October 26th 2014. Seems that most FTers whom got in on the DTW and MSP AC Fare will be in town that day. Looking to meet up with other FTers that day? Well this is what the "NGO DO" is all about. Lets keep it open to interest for now, then can finalize our plans closer to the date. How about taking in some of the sights, sounds and flavors of NGO? Perhaps a tour, a lunch, or even a beer or two at a local Izakaya..

I am in for sure :)

See Post #2 for Interested Parties

Thanks and Safe Travels

Flying Machine Jun 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Interested Parties:

Flying Machine
DFWFairy +1
redreeper
imslippy
Flinders
gunney07
frank_10B plus 1

bawalsh88 Jun 16, 2014 1:31 pm

On the other hand if you're looking to cancel or something just let me know and I'll gladly take your tickets! Very bummed I missed this, have fun

iruvmattree Jun 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bawalsh88 (Post 23043830)
On the other hand if you're looking to cancel or something just let me know and I'll gladly take your tickets! Very bummed I missed this, have fun

Are name changes still an option? I didn't know airlines still did that...

CDKing Jun 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by bawalsh88 (Post 23043830)

Originally Posted by iruvmattree (Post 23043902)
Are name changes still an option? I didn't know airlines still did that...

I wasnt sure if it was a sarcastic reply or not since there were no smilies.

No it cannot be transferred to anyone. There are tricks that may or may not work for domestic (have not tried any) but physical passport verification makes it not possible for international.

Either way back to discussing the meet-ups which is what this is for. You can always continue to discuss the deal, in the deal thread.

DFWFairy Jun 16, 2014 3:50 pm

I and the misses are in. Still looking for a flight from DFW-DTW on the day before. Probably gonna stay near the airport that night. We are on the 0915 flight the next day DTW-YYZ (tried to avoid the prop plane on a later time)

redreeper Jun 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Sounds great! I'm travelling solo so it would be nice to meet up. Thanks for organizing :)

Should we wiki at the top of this thread our flights/dates so folks travelling on other dates can try to meet up as well?

imslippy Jun 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Nagoya "NGO DO" October 26th 2014

I can't say for certain. I'll say maybe for now =p

Flinders Jun 16, 2014 6:51 pm

A tentative yes. Thanks for organizing things!

I still have to decide how I want to do my positioning flights...I haven't decided if I want to throw away the YYZ-DTW segment and book YYZ-WAS to get home sooner.

DFWFairy Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm thinking about ditching the last leg but unless i find some cheap YYZ-DFW flts, we will prob stick with it.

gunney07 Jul 17, 2014 12:53 am

Looks like the return on the 28th out of nrt is cancelled and they are trying to send me ngo-nrt then hnd-yyz-msp with only a 3 hour connection from nrt to hnd. I've been trying to get this changed but still on hold.

gunney07 Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

No luck with cheapoair yet. Still haven't been able to get anyone on the phone or chat

gunney07 Jul 19, 2014 1:30 am

I finally got a hold of cheapo they changed me to a ngo-nrt-ord-msp since it was an Ana ticket stock

Flinders Jul 20, 2014 2:54 pm

gunney07, did you keep your original ngo-nrt flight, or did you switch that one too? I have the same issue and I will be calling them tomorrow. I'm waffling between accepting the change and hoping for a one minute schedule change which would make the TYO airport transfers an illegal connection (3 hrs is MCT NRT-HND on NH) so I have more flexibility to change routings, or simply to go via ORD on the return.

gunney07 Jul 20, 2014 9:10 pm

I got to keep the original 2:40 Ana flight.