NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Flinders
I'm in for a Foodie Izakaya on Saturday night. I'm one of those arriving NGO at 19:05.
Great! See Post #41 for Details! Looking forward!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Sounds terrific and thank you for organizing. I will be there
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by redreeper
Sounds terrific and thank you for organizing. I will be there
Great! Looking foward to meeting you..Keep an eye on Post #41 for further details if any..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 21, 2014 at 8:53 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The People of Nagoya really enjoy "tebasaki" (Nagoya Style Chicken Wings). When one asks about these "wings" the purveyor of popular choice is Yamachan which is an "izakaya" (Japanese Pub, with lots of small plates to eat and drink)

Seems that several of us arrive NGO at 7:00 pm that evening. So lets start off with an Izakaya Experience at Yamachan Saturday 10/25 9:30 pm.

Sekai no Yamachan (Nagoya Nishiki)
3-1-9 Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 460-8679, Japan
+81 52-971-0521
(Very Close to Hilton Hotel and the Fushimi Subway Stop) (Nagoya Nisiki is between Sakae and Nagoya Station areas) (Central to where we are all staying)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ure_Chubu.html

http://www.yamachan.co.jp/

Please let us know if you will join us. I will Update this Post with the RSVP's

Yes: (5)
Flying Machine
frank_10b +1
Flinders
redreeper

No: DFWfairy+1

Maybe:
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Sorry for not being able to join you guys, our friend living near Nagoya invited us to have dinner that night. However, we would love to meet all of you before our long flight at YYZ. Does everyone has access to the Maple Leaf Lounge there?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have updated the thread title.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I have updated the thread title.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Thanks! We will plan on doing some sort of gathering on the 26th as well (tour, lunch, somthing like that ) Will keep the group posted as well.

See you in NGO!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Sorry for not being able to join you guys, our friend living near Nagoya invited us to have dinner that night. However, we would love to meet all of you before our long flight at YYZ. Does everyone has access to the Maple Leaf Lounge there?
Thanks for letting us know. Think you friend has room for a few "nicely mannered" Fters?

I plan on using the MLL at T-1 International on the 24th.. Can Guest in 1 I believe if anyone needs access.

Planning on some Day Activity on the 26th? Any one with a particular interest. I have posted up thread. Hop On/Off Bus, some sort of city tour or a meal. I'm seeking some other foodie idea as well. All thoughts welcome..
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:56 am

Thanks for letting us know. Think you friend has room for a few "nicely mannered" Fters?

I plan on using the MLL at T-1 International on the 24th.. Can Guest in 1 I believe if anyone needs access.

Planning on some Day Activity on the 26th? Any one with a particular interest. I have posted up thread. Hop On/Off Bus, some sort of city tour or a meal. I'm seeking some other foodie idea as well. All thoughts welcome..
We are staying at the Marriott Associa. Let's plan on meeting at the T-1 MLL on the 24th? We are flying from DTW and should be there around 11a.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
We are staying at the Marriott Associa. Let's plan on meeting at the T-1 MLL on the 24th? We are flying from DTW and should be there around 11a.
Great, looking forward to meeting. I think I have a Yellow FT Lugguage Tag Some where.. (if not) PM me when you arrive. Or you could always page Mr. Flying Machine..
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:55 pm

Just FYI, I was planning on taking the Chubu Centrair Shuttle to the Nagoya Tokyu on arrival but I don't know if I'm going to make it for 9:30 wings with the time table I found.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redreeper
Just FYI, I was planning on taking the Chubu Centrair Shuttle to the Nagoya Tokyu on arrival but I don't know if I'm going to make it for 9:30 wings with the time table I found.
The Train Runs quite often after we arrive at NGO (take us to Nagoya Station) in 28 minutes for about $12 First Class Reserved and $8.50 for about 40 minutes. This is another option as well. Will you be in YYZ on Friday Morning (will you have access to the MLL in the INTL Terminal)?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:14 am

The Train Runs quite often after we arrive at NGO (take us to Nagoya Station) in 28 minutes for about $12 First Class Reserved and $8.50 for about 40 minutes. This is another option as well. Will you be in YYZ on Friday Morning (will you have access to the MLL in the INTL Terminal)?
I'm in YYZ at 1pm connecting at 2pm so no MLL for me.
Train sounds good too ^ thx
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:45 am
Original Poster

I am in the MLL in the International Terminal. I can guest 1 in if you like. Please PM me, or come to the lounge and Page "Mr. Flying Machine" really
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
The train looks like it runs every 15 minutes or so; with every third train (this is all from memory, so please don't rely on this) being the express. I'll be taking the train in as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.