Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A / Air NZ Mega DO - AKL and CHC 11 - 12 December 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I note I am not currently on the list in post #3. Please add me as Platinum as per this post:
Originally Posted by serfty
Just booked that one "Seat Only" for NZD118. ...

Please add me as Platinum for Sat & Sun. I'll be joining the Do in AKL early Sat and leaving CHC for MEL Monday morning.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Originally Posted by wijomas
For those of you wanting to do NZ513 AKL-CHC only this can be done as part of the group booking for $160. However I note that NZ501 which is about an hour earlier is currently available on the NZ website for $80.
Depending on numbers lounge access in CHC while waiting for the rest to catch up is a possibility.
I have booked NZ501 for Sunday 12th; luerve the exchange rate.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: QF WP & EK G
Hi, I am wanting to book flights for this, but would like an update on the itinerary before I do.

Eg.

Is the Star Alliance dinner in ZQN confirmed? I can only see "(still awaiting confirmation)" on the OP and subsequents.

Airport tours - While there is mention of security screening - can we confirm that there is a behind the scenes tour of AKL and CHC airports?

Queenstown activities - what is planned?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:59 pm

Also - is there a planned tour of Hangar9 ? (central AKL mockup of NZ's new interiors)
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:39 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
There will be tours in both AKL and CHC. Not necessarily of the airports, but of Air NZ's facilities nearby (though we'll try for a behind the scenes at the airport(s) too)

ZQN I was hoping to have confirmed today, but it has not arrived. Will follow this up. No other activities have been planned in ZQN yet until I know where/what time the dinner event will be held, etc.

No plans to visit Hangar 9 at this stage, solely from a logistics point of view (it's nowhere near anything else), but if we can fit it in and there's demand then it could be DOable.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:45 pm

Yes, sorry my post was too vague. I was referring to the tour of Air NZ's facilities air-side at the airport(s), not necessarily the whole airport(s) (although that would be cool as well)

Re: CHCH - is Altitude visit confirmed?

Also - re AKL - CHC - ZQN confirmed numbers look like they'd nicely all fit inside one of these.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Hangar 9 - YES YES YES!!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:48 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Pre-earthquake, Altitude had said things look good and they are working on a project that should be complete by then which they can show off to us. I haven't heard otherwise and assume it's still OK. I have a call tomorrow with the main contact at NZ so will know more then.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by d00t
Hangar 9 - YES YES YES!!
Hangar 9 is in downtown AKL so if people are staying downtown that evening it would be doable after the airport activities.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:10 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longtimeflyer
Hangar 9 is in downtown AKL so if people are staying downtown that evening it would be doable after the airport activities.
Yes, though there may be "other activities" planned for after the airport.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Full cost of the group flights:
You can do as many or as few of the legs as you wish:

• AKL-CHC: $165.00 NZD
  • CHC-ZQN: $115.00 NZD
  • ZQN-AKL: $205.00 NZD

Pricing has been adjusted for the increase in New Zealand Goods and Services Tax which takes effect on 1st October 2010.
Are we in a position to book non-refundable flights now or will further discount codes be available, particularly for routes not listed above?

I'm thinking of booking some of the above flights before the GST increase this Friday, especially when the same or very closely timed flights are cheaper than the above prices.

I'm also keen to book flights getting into and leaving NZ.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Put me in as gold!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:16 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Hi all,

Unfortunately after long drawn out discussions with the parties, our attendance at the Star Alliance gala dinner simply couldn't be arranged. The schedule for the executives is quite full already, and the logistics of getting us all down to Queenstown and accomodated was also rather difficult.

However, we still fully intend to have an awesome time in Auckland and Christchurch.

I will update the details in the main posts later today, and open up the registration site. I apologise to the couple of you that have reservations out of Queenstown already, but hopefully it should make things a bit easier for you to get out of Christchurch or Auckland now.

Cheers, and hope to still see you all in December!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:55 pm

Unfortunately after long drawn out discussions with the parties, our attendance at the Star Alliance gala dinner simply couldn't be arranged. The schedule for the executives is quite full already, and the logistics of getting us all down to Queenstown and accomodated was also rather difficult.
Oh. Man. Major bummer.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:36 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anat0l
Oh. Man. Major bummer.
Indeed. Also looks like Altitude's schedule has been pushed back a bit and the BBJ mockup won't be available for us in December.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The track record of Pointsbreak awards available for NZ Dos continues, now on at Auckland Crowne Plaza for the Do dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.