Search

*A / Air NZ Mega DO - AKL and CHC 11 - 12 December 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:49 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Sorry I didn't spot the need to post to get any discount code.
No need to post for that - I just didn't have those two guys in the attendees list despite the fact they had posted earlier in the thread.

And I doubt we'll have discount codes ex-Mogadishu or wherever the heck you may be.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by wijomas
And I doubt we'll have discount codes ex-Mogadishu or wherever the heck you may be.
As you mentioned NZ online fares I didn't expect any discount from Mogadishu. I'm not aware of any NZ fares from there, let alone one their website can handle.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:54 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
As you mentioned NZ online fares I didn't expect any discount from Mogadishu. I'm not aware of any NZ fares from there, let alone one their website can handle.
Though they did get ADSL2+ before Auckland!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: QFM Life
I need to move from Platinum to Gold for now, but am still interested.

Just, we’ll see :-/
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: NZ*E,SQ ,QF IC AMB Plat, hltn gold
Originally Posted by wijomas
INTERESTED LIST:

Platinum (as definite as possible right now)
  1. wijomas (AKL)
  2. Bundy Bear (BNE)
  3. anat0l (BNE)
  4. Leumas (SYD)
  5. Upperdeck744 (HNL?)
  6. NZ_Flyer (DUD)
  7. Itsalongwaydown (MEL)
  8. Sue Oz (MEL)
  9. MikeAKL (AKL)
  10. forensicflyer (AKL)
  11. NZ*Trout (SFO)
  12. sailrob (MEL)
  13. tuapekastar (MEL)
  14. nzatk (AKL)
  15. chchkiwi (CHC)
  16. djsteve (WLG)
  17. perthite (MEL)
  18. sbm12 (NYC)
  19. AKLDUBFlyer (AKL)
  20. WLG Base (WLG)
  21. d00t (BNE)
  22. AN*G-BNE (BNE)
  23. Noelene (MEL?)

Gold (hope I can make it!)
  1. CJ1120 (IAH?)
  2. DownUnderFlyer (SYD)
  3. DownUnderFlyer_p1 (SYD)
  4. DownUnderFlyer_p2 (SYD)
  5. infoworks (SYD)
  6. futaris (SYD)
  7. futaris_p1 (SYD)
  8. futaris_p2 (SYD)
  9. Kiwi Flyer (AKL)
  10. lindsaygardiner (CHC?)
  11. Rebound (AKL)
  12. samh004 (OOL)
  13. Thai-Kiwi (WLG)
  14. ojala (HEL)
  15. ojala_p1 (HEL)
  16. Pinky (LAX)
  17. TuxTraveller (LHR)
  18. usa18dca (DCA)
  19. where2next? (DEN)
  20. PlusOne (DEN)
  21. RiskFate (NPE)
  22. 2zz (NYC)
  23. skigirl (NZ?)
  24. thewinchester (PER)
  25. BristolTraveller (BRS)
  26. Sea-Wolf (PER)
  27. GlobalSTL (SYD)
  28. MonicaL (ATL)
  29. Kyo (SIN)
  30. irwin8417 (SYD)
  31. wandering_fred (PER)
  32. wandering_fred_p1 (PER)
  33. Freeth (AKL)
rich5011(wlg) x2
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: NZ*E,SQ ,QF IC AMB Plat, hltn gold
please add rich5011 ex wlg , will that make a difference to the programme if we come from wlg.......wlg to chc/zqn is the most expensive leg i know . really looking forward to this opportunity
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Please put me on the Gold list. It will depend on whether I decide to make 1K again and am short of miles by December.

I'd be interested in the discount, flying from IAD. Does NZ have a discounted biz fare I could use the discount on? A discount on the discount?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:55 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rich5011
please add rich5011 ex wlg , will that make a difference to the programme if we come from wlg.......wlg to chc/zqn is the most expensive leg i know . really looking forward to this opportunity
The program will begin in Auckland, so you would need to fly WLG-AKL and ZQN-WLG. (Or you could return to AKL with us and fly AKL-WLG). We will hopefully have a discount code for domestic fares soon.

Originally Posted by nor4
Please put me on the Gold list. It will depend on whether I decide to make 1K again and am short of miles by December.

I'd be interested in the discount, flying from IAD. Does NZ have a discounted biz fare I could use the discount on? A discount on the discount?
Still working with Air NZ US on the discounted fares, but their J product is usually priced quite high compared to, say, UA fares to SYD.

There are currently no discounted biz fares available during that time ex-US on NZ, but that's not to say they won't pop up in the mean time. Any discount code we get should be valid on any fare available on the applicable NZ website.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
add me to the Gold list thanks ... ex NPE
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:47 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deconz
add me to the Gold list thanks ... ex NPE
Done ^

Am still working on this all, thanks for your patience! ^ I haven't forgotten about you, I promise.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 3:15 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

All,

Option H has won the Doodle poll, and this also works out great for us. Since it doesn't look like we're going to have the numbers to fill a jet, and I know noone wants to fly around the country in a turboprop, we're going to fly on scheduled services.

This has added advantages of keeping the cost down for all of us, and makes logistics a bit easier.

The plan now is this:

• We'll meet in the Auckland Domestic Koru lounge on Saturday, 11 December, at a time yet to be confirmed (likely 9am). After a day of tours in Auckland, we'll have dinner somewhere in Auckland, and then retire back to our hotel(s) for the night.

• The following morning, we'll head back out to the airport for an early departure to Christchurch on NZ513. Another day of tours (Altitude is looking good, too ), and again we'll be staying overnight.

• NZ627 is the flight we'll be taking to Queenstown at 9am on Monday. You'll be free to spend some time wandering around Queenstown for the day, or join in on some fun activities that are being planned. That night, we will hopefully be attending the gala dinner with the Star Alliance (still awaiting final confirmations.)

• We've also reserved a few seats on NZ638 on Tuesday for those that wish to return back to Auckland. This is the first flight back to Auckland from Queenstown, and departs at 12.20pm.

Please be aware that registration for the event (which is not yet open - there will be a secure website up for this soon) will close quite a few weeks prior to the event. You will be asked to provide name, date of birth, nationality, and a few other personal details. None of this information will be shared with anyone other than Air New Zealand, Star Alliance, the Aviation Security Service, Auckland International Airport Limited, and Christchurch International Airport Limited; and will only be used for the purposes of this event.

You will also be required to undergo a simple Aviation Security Service background check, and will likely be issued with a temporary airport identity card for both Auckland and Christchurch airports. The Star Alliance may also conduct their own vetting procedures for those attending the gala dinner if/when this is confirmed.

If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, feel free to contact me by PM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:06 pm

wijomas, thanks for all the info.

Looking forward to the detail, but until then.....

....so we'll be flying on the services with the common folk? Will seats be reserved at a fixed (reasonable) price for us? Or should we start booking by ourselves / keeping a keen eye on GAS?

I assume there will be no negotiations with hotels for deals etc.. In saying that, depending on where events are (more applicable to Auckland) will determine where to best stay for the night.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:48 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Yes, we currently have 70 seats reserved on AKL-CHC and CHC-ZQN at a reasonable price (will confirm exact price when I get home soon).

We have a further 30 seats reserved on ZQN-AKL.

Will try to negotiate rates with hotels also but there are limited options, particularly in CHC and ZQN.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
yikers ,thought I would set and forget some flexible IHG ressies,looks like "someone" got in first in Queenstown
Is there something going on there that night?

and for all those who think I cant stay anywhere but the IC, Ive booked
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:32 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

LOL Noelene, nothing going on that I know of!

Okay, pricing for the flights is as follows:

Code:
12DEC	AKL-CHC	NZ513
13DEC	CHC-ZQN	NZ627

NZ$270 pp (70 seats reserved)
Code:
14DEC	ZQN-AKL	NZ638

NZ$200 pp (30 seats reserved)
Please note these are Smart Saver fares and unfortunately will not accrue airpoints or miles on partner airlines, but will earn Status Points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.