Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 4:28 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Just got the email promising an update on the booking process this weekend.

In order to decide about attendance (and thus booking) it is high time to get confirmation of ex-Europe TATL (incl. feeder) fares.

ANY news?
Old May 28, 2010, 5:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Ok, just to ease the tension:

- still negotiating the TATL fares ex-Europe
- still awaiting paypal feedback (this time we want to prevent the account from blocking like last year)
- still working on the legalese (charters in the US are turning out to be a tad more bureaucratic that in Europe)

Plus our esteemed website programmer/operator is due for a business trip to Taiwan.

This means that we will start the registration process a bit later. The upside is that don't have to cough up the entire amount at the time of registration, just the nonrefundable 100$.

Exact timing will follow this weekend.
Old May 28, 2010, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by oliver2002

- still awaiting paypal feedback (this time we want to prevent the account from blocking like last year)
- still working on the legalese (charters in the US are turning out to be a tad more bureaucratic that in Europe)

Plus our esteemed website programmer/operator is due for a business trip to Taiwan.

This means that we will start the registration process a bit later. The upside is that don't have to cough up the entire amount at the time of registration, just the nonrefundable 100$.

Thanks for the update, Oliver! Looking forward to more details as they become available!^
Old May 28, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by mnmag
Thanks for the update, Oliver! Looking forward to more details as they become available!^
+1

Also, thanks for sending out the SMD2 e-mail - I'm glad to know my registration for the e-mail list is working!
Old May 29, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph

Thank you! Registered for the email update and ready to go. This time I won't miss it due to job change (erm...though I do have a new boss, again... )
Old May 29, 2010, 10:23 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
One more question regarding the soon-to-be-released ex-european options:

Would it be possible to start the return portion of the trip from another gateway but SEA or IAH (thinking about DEN, LAX or SFO)?

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Thanks for the update Oliver!
Old May 29, 2010, 4:04 pm

Thanks for the update. Google checkout may also be an easy alternate to paypal if that doesn't work out (just positive experiences on my use of it).
Old May 30, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Just got the email promising an update on the booking process this weekend.
This weekend is just about done and there's no update. In true FT fashion, I demand compensation!
Old May 30, 2010, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RCyyz
This weekend is just about done and there's no update. In true FT fashion, I demand compensation!
Well first, it's a holiday weekend for some of us, so they're still good until until tomorrow night.

But hello everyone - we're talking StarMegaDo2 time! Nothing ever actually happens on the dates, especially when contracts etc involved. The dates were announced, the overall activities are announced. I'm sure we'll hear about the other stuff.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Sharon, I adore you, but sometimes you are too serious! LOL

RCyyz was being rhetorically sarcastic! It was a joke!
Old May 31, 2010, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I know! And I should have put a after the StarMegaDo time.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2010, 8:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Ok, even though I'm in a country that is working today, I'll gladly accept the 'memorial day' excuse to justify my delay.

Now comes the announcement:

Since we are still working on the contractual legalese to be ready to sign the charter documents with CO and sorting out the matter with paypal and since our webmaster will be travelling in east asia till june 8:

The sign up process incl preliminary booking will open on starmegado.com on Friday, June 11, at 12 noon Eastern (NYC) time.

The booking process will require you to provide:
- your personal details,
- specify the legs and class of service for the charter,
- pick and specify which of the sheduled flights you intend to book and on which date (UA feeder flights, TATL eastbound on LH/OS/LX, TATL westbound on LH, final TATL eastbound SEA-Europe on LH)
- specify if you require a discount / meetingworks code to get to/from IAH and later SEA
- indicate if you will stay at the Starwood properties that will host the event on the ground

This registration will have to be secured by a 100$ non refundable deposit using a paypal button at the end of the form. The 100$ will be adjusted later against the charter booking.

The reason we are asking to put down some money is that last year we got 558 sign ups which in the end materialized to about 220 actual bookings, the last 20 of which came only about two weeks before the event.

The feedback will enable tommy777 and me to give a commitment to
- CO on how many aircraft we need to charter
- LH/LX/OS (and perhaps CO if enough votes come in) to block group space (with names!) and maybe ask for more seats or adjust existing space
- starwood on the rooms they need to block for us (with names)

Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we put this interesting puzzle together! ^

Regards Oliver

PS: there has been quite some buzz and PMs about how the F seats will be distributed if there is more demand than supply. We are planning to cross the bridge when we get to it.
Old May 31, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Question EQM's

Ok, even though I'm in a country that is working today, I'll gladly accept the 'memorial day' excuse to justify my delay.

Now comes the announcement:

Since we are still working on the contractual legalese to be ready to sign the charter documents with CO and sorting out the matter with paypal and since our webmaster will be travelling in east asia till june 8:

The sign up process incl preliminary booking will open on starmegado.com on Friday, June 11, at 12 noon Eastern (NYC) time.

The booking process will require you to provide:
- your personal details,
- specify the legs and class of service for the charter,
- pick and specify which of the sheduled flights you intend to book and on which date (UA feeder flights, TATL eastbound on LH/OS/LX, TATL westbound on LH, final TATL eastbound SEA-Europe on LH)
- specify if you require a discount / meetingworks code to get to/from IAH and later SEA
- indicate if you will stay at the Starwood properties that will host the event on the ground

This registration will have to be secured by a 100$ non refundable deposit using a paypal button at the end of the form. The 100$ will be adjusted later against the charter booking.

The reason we are asking to put down some money is that last year we got 558 sign ups which in the end materialized to about 220 actual bookings, the last 20 of which came only about two weeks before the event.

The feedback will enable tommy777 and me to give a commitment to
- CO on how many aircraft we need to charter
- LH/LX/OS (and perhaps CO if enough votes come in) to block group space (with names!) and maybe ask for more seats or adjust existing space
- starwood on the rooms they need to block for us (with names)

Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we put this interesting puzzle together! ^

Regards Oliver
Will you be able to announce what EQM's will be earned by taking the charter, and on what airline programs?
Old May 31, 2010, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seacarl
Will you be able to announce what EQM's will be earned by taking the charter, and on what airline programs?
No quotable confirmations received yet, so no announcements on that till we do have the confirmations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.