Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
This thread is now archived.

Continue the discussion here: HERE

Prior thread: Pre-2016 discussions archived HERE.

Similar thread on IHG Forum here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1232030-annual-free-night-cert-ihg-rewards-club-visa-mastercard-23.html Currently, the IHG credit card is NOT subject to Chase's 5/24 restriction.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As of April 2018, a new IHG card is being released. There are changes, including a limit to the value of the annual free night certificate (40,000 point vs. any hotel).
Ongoing discussion can be found here, in the IHG forum.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...valuation.html

Existing card members can use "any hotel" certificates that were issued/will be issued prior to April 30th. Any Anniversary Night issued BEFORE May 1, 2018 is still valid at any IHG hotel worldwide.
Certificates issued AFTER May 1 will be under the new T & C's.

From Chase:

Update: We’re changing the Anniversary Free Night on your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card

On May 1, 2018, we’re changing the Anniversary Free Night benefit associated with your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card.

Here’s what’s changing
Currently, we award this Anniversary Free Night each year after your anniversary date, and it is redeemable at any IHG property. Going forward, Anniversary Free Nights issued after May 1, 2018, will be redeemable at eligible IHG hotels with a redemption value up to and including 40,000 points.

Here is the list of IHG hotels that will NO LONGER be available for certificate redemption: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/partner-offers/anniversary-free-night?_PMID=99634986&cm_mmc=CJ-_-4453693-_-7718223-_-www.ihg.com%2Fcontent&glat=AFFI&setPMCookies=true& url=https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/partner-offers/anniversary-free-night

Current public offers, as of 9/1/17
See post 527 regarding an 80,000-point offer: "When I made my reservation, when I got past the point of picking my hotel, and picked my room, there was an active link on the bottom of the page for the 80000+$50 offer."

All offers have the following terms/benefits:
  • Signup bonus earned after $1,000/$2000 spend in first 3 months
  • Starting on the first anniversary of account opening, a free night every year at any [effective with Anniversary Certs issued on 01 May 2018, redeemable only at properties 40,000 points and under] IHG hotel. (Cert may be redeemed online.)
  • 5 points per $ spent at IHG hotels
  • 2 points per $ spent on gas, groceries and dining
  • 1 point per $ on everything else
  • 10% points rebate on any redemptions. ("Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after Reward Night stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account")
  • No fee 1st year, then $49.
  • No foreign transaction fees.
  • IHG Platinum status for as long as you hold the card.
Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the $1000 (or $2000) spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?
Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards MasterCard [now 60,000 pts]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by beltway
The link isn't personalized--but the 80K offer is. You saw it only because you were logged in; I'm seeing a 60K offer, even when in Private Browsing mode.
Same here, whether Incognito or via Tor.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by beltway
The link isn't personalized--but the 80K offer is. You saw it only because you were logged in; I'm seeing a 60K offer, even when in Private Browsing mode.
I mean the link I have for the 80k offer is different from that one but has a similar structure. I did some experimenting, and it's definitely a targeted offer. I can bring up the link in incognito or tor, but if I click on apply now, it goes to a page that says the offer is no longer available. If I click apply now after opening it from my IHG page, it autofills my info. The offer was visisble on my main account page under my messages.

I identified the part of the link that is not personalized and leads to the landing page. It won't let you apply, but at least you can use it for evidence to get a deal matched to 80k:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/Ihg8FN-3Q16?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:28 pm

Here is a message I received regarding the match to 80k and $50 credit. This might clear things up a little bit regarding who is getting the credit and who is not.

The enrollment bonus you enrolled with allows you to earn
60,000 points after the first $1,000.00 in spending within
the first three months the account is open and 5,000
points for adding an authorized user to your account and
making a purchase.

Purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances,
cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign
currency, and money orders, any checks that access your
account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or
fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an
annual fee, if applicable.

We would like to explain that the $50.00 statement credit
and 80,000 Reward Point offer is only available when
applying for instant credit while booking an IHG hotel
reservation online
. We are unable to give you the $50.00
statement credit.

However, we have added 20,000 additional points to match
the difference between the offer you applied with and the
new offer for a total of 80,000 points.
This adjustment
will appear on your next billing statement. Although IHG®
Rewards generally posts the points within a few days they
do request you allow up to thirty days after the billing
statement has closed to post the points to your account at
IHG® Rewards.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:32 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Be on the lookout for a TARGETED 100K points offer via email. Apparently the highest ever to be offered by the IHG CC, there was a small sub-thread (link below) about it but figured I would update the master thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-up-bonus.html
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Be on the lookout for a TARGETED 100K points offer via email. Apparently the highest ever to be offered by the IHG CC, there was a small sub-thread (link below) about it but figured I would update the master thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-up-bonus.html
The first year fee is not waived, and there is no $50 statement credit - so essentially you are paying $99 for 20K points. Since one can usually "buy" IHG pts at 0.0055 per point, so your saving thru the 100K offer is a whopping $11 for getting the same amount of points...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
The first year fee is not waived, and there is no $50 statement credit - so essentially you are paying $99 for 20K points. Since one can usually "buy" IHG pts at 0.0055 per point, so your saving thru the 100K offer is a whopping $11 for getting the same amount of points...
Very good point. Now I don't feel as bad for not receiving the 100k offer.. haha
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Tofe
Very good point. Now I don't feel as bad for not receiving the 100k offer.. haha
Agree. will wait for 80K & $50 offer.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by spidy1
Agree. will wait for 80K & $50 offer.
Got the offer with $1k spend yesterday when trying to book a room at Intercontinental Bali. This morning it shows $2k spend.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:02 pm
Suspended

So my last statement closed on Oct 22. The statement shows that I earned 80k bonus and they've been sent over to IHG. It's now the 25th and I still haven't seen any points in my account. Should I be concerned? Do I need to call someone?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
So my last statement closed on Oct 22. The statement shows that I earned 80k bonus and they've been sent over to IHG. It's now the 25th and I still haven't seen any points in my account. Should I be concerned? Do I need to call someone?
Nah, 7-10 days and they'll be in your account. Kind of like actual hotel stays.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:00 pm

Same boat as you. Closed the 22nd and still waiting on the bonus.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by corpgator

Still waiting here..
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:58 pm

Still waiting here..
Did you guys make the entire $1K spend on the first statement ?

If not did you use the additional card for the extra 5K bonus and if so did that 5k already post ?

My first statement closed 10/12 and the 5k bonus was on there and posted to IHG in one day.

11/12 is when my statement with the 80K closes
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did you guys make the entire $1K spend on the first statement ?

If not did you use the additional card for the extra 5K bonus and if so did that 5k already post ?

My first statement closed 10/12 and the 5k bonus was on there and posted to IHG in one day.

11/12 is when my statement with the 80K closes
My bonus is on the statement and shows in my reward history on Chase, they just haven't shown up in my IHG account yet.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:38 pm
Suspended

My bonus is on the statement and shows in my reward history on Chase, they just haven't shown up in my IHG account yet.
Same here. I actually made the spend on my first statement back in Sep but it was too close to statement close date. But I did get the 5k AU bonus on first statement and obviously the spend.

So fast forward to the October statement which showed my bonus points being sent over to IHG. It's now a week and nothing from IHG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.