Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:54 pm

You go to Chase Ultimate Rewards into your account, do the transfer, and the points show up in United almost immediately in my experience.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:47 pm

There is no fee and it could be instantaneous or it could take 3 days.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Just tranferred from 4 UR accounts to UA a few days ago and all 4 transfers were instant
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:25 am

Transfered today

Just transfered 50k from ur to ua worked just fine
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

My buddy had to get out west for a family emergency (like last flight in 2.5 hours). Transferred points to get him the ticket. Thank god it was instant...

FDW
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: UA MR UR AA
I transferred about 200k worth of UR points from my wife's and my accounts to my UA account. It took a few hours but it got there ok.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
My transfer last week from my own Chase account to my own UA took 2 days.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:23 am

I transferred this morning and it shows up on United account activity in a few minutes. The problem is that it does not reflect on my total point balance on United. So when it shows up on activity log could it still take days to show up on point balance?

EDIT: Never mind, it just shows up on balance now.

Last edited by Need; Jan 20, 2014 at 11:23 am
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
have had multiple instant transfers from UR -> UA. These included a bunch where the name on the UR acc was different from the UA acc.

In fact once I was on the phone w/UA and asked agent to confirm availability for a particular route He said it's available but since I didn't have the relevant points it didn't matter. I told him to give it 20 secs and it was there. The astonishment in his voice made the 30 min wait to get him on the call worth it!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
U go, Duffman ^ !
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Has Chase UR "lost" your points before?

Been very happy transferring UR to UA. Mostly immediate transfers. Now, have you ever heard of this: Transferred 23K to UA 3 days ago to top off for a Hawaii trip. Three days, no points. I call Chase they say they may have “lost” the points. They will need 7-10 days to investigate and then send me a letter. A letter?

Knowing how quickly one must use UA miles when they see availability, this seems insane. How can they lose my points? UA has no record of any transfer and it was a straight up transfer to myself. No errors/typos. I have a confirmation email. Chase refuses to credit me back the points so I can make a timely transfer to get tickets, which have already increased in points.

So now my Chase points are in purgatory, held hostage for 7-10 days until they "find" them.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Never had this issue. Did you ask Chase if they could make sure the initial points are refunded to your UR account so that you can move out another 23k in the interim?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Delays up to at least one week reported earlier in this thread.

Last edited by mia; Feb 11, 2014 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:30 am

Instant transfer of UR yesterday to someone else's UA account, same last name.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My transfer last month was instantaneous, and yesterday's (to the same UA account) took 34+ excruciating hours.

That said, this morning before the UR points got transferred, I dictated to a UA telephone CS rep exactly what I had wanted to book online, and explained the Chase transfer delay, and she made the international partner award reservation, put it on hold for three days, and exempted the $25 per ticket telephone redemption fee. For all of the horror stories about the new United (I'm currently a long-time OW flyer, with very little *A experience), this was an absolutely perfect mitigation ^ for what appears to be a totally unreliable Chase ---> UA transfer mechanism.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.