Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by prabelli
There's definitely something to this. I transferred 1,000 UR points to my United account on 07 NOV to see if I could trigger an increased offer. I got an email offer for 50K + 5K on 17 NOV that congratulated me for recently earning miles. Apart from this transfer, I haven't recently earned any other United miles...
Same exact story for me. I closed my CSP after doing the 1,000 point UR transfer to Mileage Plus. Haven't flown United recently. My offer is 50k + 5k with $2,000 spend. Targeted postal mail offer.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
Sadly enough, this didn't work for me. Oh well.
Update on this:
- I transferred some UR points to my United account at the beginning on November.
- I earned a couple hundred United miles through the MPX app in the middle of November.

One of these did indeed trigger the 50k offer. I can't say which one did it for sure, but I got a letter in the mail this week that says "Congratulations on recently earning miles", and offers 50k miles for $2k spend in the first month, plus 5k for adding an AU.

I never got an email - that probably would have been easier to link directly to one of these point-adding events. I have no idea what their mail cycle is like, - it could take them 2 weeks to get an offer out to you, or it could take a month. Maybe they do a batch run of everybody who earned points that month at the end of every month. Who knows. Either way, one of these things definitely did trigger the 50k offer.

The offer is good until 1/31, so you've got a little time if you do get one. Maybe do your transfer/MPX 5-6 weeks before you plan to apply for the card, so you've got a little cushion on both sides.

FWIW, this letter is definitely from United, not Chase. I think I may have all marketing emails from United turned off. If you have yours turned on, you may get an email much more quickly than you would get a letter.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I applied 11/9 but phone system still says 30 days. I know mantra is to wait, but I'm getting impatient.

I have 5 total Chase cards and ~$50K or so in credit (CSP, Freedom, Ritz, Hyatt, Fairmont). Never missed a payment or anything of the like.

Worth calling in or should I keep being patient?
Any update? My app for what would be my first Chase card (IHG) is giving me the "30 days" message on the automated line. My understanding is that it tends to be good news, but I'd rather not wait a month if it's probably a matter of calling in to verify ID.

Also, has anyone had luck applying for this online with the 30,000/$50/$1,000 offer and then getting matched to the in-branch 50,000/$50/$2,000 offer? Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:01 pm

Question Annual 10k bonus

All, i've been aiming for the 10k annual bonus with 25k spend, i am at around 22k mark now....should be easy to hit 3k in the next couple of weeks but my next statement won't close until jan 6th.

Will i be okay to get the 10k bonus? Or am i out of luck?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:59 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by ranjanrocks
All, i've been aiming for the 10k annual bonus with 25k spend, i am at around 22k mark now....should be easy to hit 3k in the next couple of weeks but my next statement won't close until jan 6th.

Will i be okay to get the 10k bonus? Or am i out of luck?
The purchases must post before January 1, ie, Dec 31st or earlier, so give yourself a few days, like Dec 27th or 28th, to finish the spending.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator work in progress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.