FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:50 am
bobert24

Originally Posted by bobert24
Sadly enough, this didn't work for me. Oh well.
Update on this:
- I transferred some UR points to my United account at the beginning on November.
- I earned a couple hundred United miles through the MPX app in the middle of November.

One of these did indeed trigger the 50k offer. I can't say which one did it for sure, but I got a letter in the mail this week that says "Congratulations on recently earning miles", and offers 50k miles for $2k spend in the first month, plus 5k for adding an AU.

I never got an email - that probably would have been easier to link directly to one of these point-adding events. I have no idea what their mail cycle is like, - it could take them 2 weeks to get an offer out to you, or it could take a month. Maybe they do a batch run of everybody who earned points that month at the end of every month. Who knows. Either way, one of these things definitely did trigger the 50k offer.

The offer is good until 1/31, so you've got a little time if you do get one. Maybe do your transfer/MPX 5-6 weeks before you plan to apply for the card, so you've got a little cushion on both sides.

FWIW, this letter is definitely from United, not Chase. I think I may have all marketing emails from United turned off. If you have yours turned on, you may get an email much more quickly than you would get a letter.