Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Anyone? I may need a screenshot too.
I can access the targeted 50k promo. However, there is no indication of the expiration date so I doubt that my screenshot can help you make a case with Chase. If you still need it, please PM me.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:39 pm

Ohhh! I just logged in again at unitedexplorer.com/earned and see a 50K offer with $2k Spend, however if I login at united.com I only see a 30K offer..

Huh..

Well, 50K it is!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Not-vey-related question - have your miles from last statement been posted to your account properly these days?
I've been waiting for them showing up in my acct for almost a week... still no activity... It has been functioning properly in the past 2 years.
All my miles posted fine today (10/26), statement closed on 10/24. Also got my 55k bonus points since I hit the 2k spend this month.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by joytatee
Just got approved today after calling the reconsideration line.

Now I have 6 personal and 1 business cards with Chase.
Nice! Also had to go through the reconsideration line for approval -- this makes my 5th personal card with Chase (Freedom, Sapphire, Hyatt, Marriott, and now Explorer).

I'll stop opening new Chase accounts when they stop offering sweet signup deals. Or if my FICO score dips below 800.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: United, US Airways, Chase UR, Club Carlson, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Choice, Amtrak
Update: I did have success going through the Chase Secure Message center process. They offered me the 50k deal, but no $50 statement credit. I wasn't going to argue Tomorrow I'm going to try going into a chase branch to sign my wife up for the UA explorer and see if I can convince them to give her the 50k AND statement credit. Maybe I'll sign up for a chase checking account, if that helps ;P

Will report back soon.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:45 pm

Does the UA Award card (no fee one) preclude the bonus

I opened Explorer in 7/2012, got the 50k+5k+50 in 9/2012, and converted it to the no annual fee United MileagePlus Award card in 7/2013 when the annual fee hit. The Award card is still open. If I open my second Explorer card now, will I get the 50k+5k?

I do not want to close the Award card as it is my first Chase card. But if it will preclude the 50k+5k, I will close it.

Any data point or suggestion is welcome.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Are the United Club passes that come with the card still valid after I cancel it? The back of the pass doesn't state anything about presenting the credit card...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Are the United Club passes that come with the card still valid after I cancel it? The back of the pass doesn't state anything about presenting the credit card...
The passes are still valid. You do not need the credit card to use them. I've even bought some on ebay from people selling theirs and used them in clubs. All you need to worry about is the expiration date printed on the front of the pass.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
The passes are still valid. You do not need the credit card to use them. I've even bought some on ebay from people selling theirs and used them in clubs. All you need to worry about is the expiration date printed on the front of the pass.
Great. I've got the original passes which expire 2/28/15 plus the 1 year anniv. passes which are good through 2016. They came in the mail the day after I canceled the card!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:39 pm

Hey guys, can anyone confirm that the following link in fact does apply for the 50k miles +$50 statement credit offer. The landing page does reflect this, however once you click the "Apply Now" button, it takes you to the application page, and the 50k miles +$50 statement credit offer is not stated there.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k50AFWIC

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nuggles
Hey guys, can anyone confirm that the following link in fact does apply for the 50k miles +$50 statement credit offer. The landing page does reflect this, however once you click the "Apply Now" button, it takes you to the application page, and the 50k miles +$50 statement credit offer is not stated there.

Thanks in advance.
Read the WIKI above very carefully. I haven't seen anyone getting the 50K offer for awhile. Do steps 1,2 and 3 and see what happens.

Good luck and welcome to FT!! ^
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:34 pm

I have yet to receive my united passes? How long does those usually take to arrive? It's been over 3 months.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by nuggles

Thanks in advance.
If the landing page shows it, go for it. Make sure to take screenshots and save that information.

I have another question: I opened the continental card in july 2011, which got converted to the united explorer (don't know exactly when, and I did not get the bonus miles). I closed it in november 2013. I am eligible for the bonus? I think yes, but I would hate to apply, only to find out I wasn't.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
I got an offer in the mail for 55k United Miles if i apply before 15 DEC. I'm wondering if this is a better deal than the Amex Platinum offer I received for 100k pts after 450 annual fee. Confused.

I do not currently fly a lot and I already have the citi AA card i'm working on.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Read the WIKI above very carefully. I haven't seen anyone getting the 50K offer for awhile. Do steps 1,2 and 3 and see what happens.

Good luck and welcome to FT!! ^
Ah. Seems I didnt read the wiki as closely as I should have. Thanks for not scolding me, though.^^

So I wanted to provide an update. And to clarify. I got the 50kmile MileagePlus card almost a year ago. I’m now trying to assist my GF in getting the same offer. I have had a FF account for 20 years (continental>United). I’m mentioning this for the following reason:

When I was SIGNED INTO MY UNITED.COM account, I was able to click the link I mentioned, which brought me to the 50kmile+$50 statement credit landing page. When I clicked “Apply Now”, it brought me to the application page, which already had all of my personal info already filled out in the form. It looked as if I had just been typing in the text fields, only It did not allow me to change my personal info. My name and FF number seemed to have been hard-coded in the page already.

So I closed the window, and signed into my GF’s united account on united.com. This is a brand new account that she opened up a couple days ago, and has 0 miles in it. Then I went to the URL I posted above again and….30kmiles. So like someone said earlier, it seems you need to have some miles in your account for the offer to work.

Anyway, after some frustration, I just called a local Chase Bank branch and confirmed that we could apply for the 50kmile offer at the branch. I asked about the $50 statement credit…no luck. So we drove down to the branch and successfully applied for the 50k offer. Ill let you know how it works out.

P.S. On a side note, ever since I got the MileagePlus card, I still get the 50kmiles offers in the mail. Additionally, during this process Ive detailed, I noticed that it seems to be letting me apply for the card again. Am I to believe that I can potentially take out two of the identical credit cards and get the 50k bonus offer? What are the chances that they would “catch” it in the application process. Are there any foreseeable downsides to trying this?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.