Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Happy
From the date of previous bonus to the date of application to determine the eligibility because when one earns the bonus can be on the first statement closing date or the 3rd statement closing date. There is no room for guessing when application date is used, other than people's wishful thinking.
Thanks for the input. We'll just hold off until after Sep. 14 to apply. A lesser bonus is better than no bonus.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inspirit00
I applied for the $50 statement credit offer this morning using the FT link and was directed to enter my MP a/c number and password after which I directly got the 'approval pending' page. I wonder if my application even went thru. Did anyone else get this? Did I do something wrong? Should've deleted cookies and all which I didn't.
What makes you think you may have done something wrong? Unless you have not input any of your other personal data such as SSN, DOB, Personal Income etc?

What is the "Approval Pending" page says? I have never seen a page wording in "Approval Pending". A review does not mean "Approval Pending", technically, because it could lead to a denial instead of an approval for goodness sake.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:37 am

What makes you think you may have done something wrong? Unless you have not input any of your other personal data such as SSN, DOB, Personal Income etc?

What is the "Approval Pending" page says? I have never seen a page wording in "Approval Pending". A review does not mean "Approval Pending", technically, because it could lead to a denial instead of an approval for goodness sake.
Thanks, Happy. I did not get the page where one enters SSN, income, and such but I did get a page which said something to the effect of 'we got your application and will get back to you'. Did not save a screenshot.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:33 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I did not get the page where one enters SSN, income, and such but I did get a page which said something to the effect of 'we got your application and will get back to you'.
If you call to check application status you'll be able to confirm whether you applied or (more likely) not: 1-800-432-3117-#-3-1-SSN
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:24 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
any live links for 50K plus 50$ ?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Curious. I phoned the reconsideration line last week, four days after applying and before receiving a letter, and agreed some credit line reallocations to get the card approved.
Well, I called the recon line today, and they told me that my application was being handled by a different branch of Lending Services at Chase. I would be receiving a letter of the application status within 14 business days of my application date (August 21). The recon guy on the phone couldn't do anything about it.

Womp womp womp.

EDIT: Well apparently I got approved since the card now shows up on my online Chase account

Last edited by pillow25; Sep 15, 2014 at 7:47 am Reason: Update
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by frank_10b
any live links for 50K plus 50$ ?
Dated 03Sep. Sorry no extra $, though.
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

I want to request the 50K bonus promo as a new cardholder who applied during the 30K bonus period but approval put off until I made a call to the Recon line.

Chase says I have to spend $2K first in order to be considered. As you know, the promo for 30K miles only requires $1K spending and I am in between the AFT reload time period of 29 days (I don't do the GC/MO route).

It does seem to make sense that one would spend the required amount FIRST even though not yet approved for the offer but I wanted to put it out here. What do you think? Any other advice? Thanks.

Last edited by jan_believes; Sep 4, 2014 at 7:26 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Data Point for those who still wonder about the 24 months rule whether it is related to bonus earned, and if it has anything to do with previous cancellation which is silent on the current T&Cs.

Previous card opened 04/09/2012.
Bonus earned 05/03/2012.
Card X'ed 03/05/2013.
Current card opened 08/05/14
Bonus earned 09/03/14.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:53 pm

Happy,

Do you have a business card or had it within last 24 month?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theao1977
Happy,

Do you have a business card or had it within last 24 month?
It is not mine, it is husband's card. He never has an UA biz card.

I currently have a business card and I can tell you that I would not even be able to see the 30k offer if I logged in since about 9 or 10 months ago. It used to be you could have both, but that changed long time ago.

Based on recent reports that either being told verbally or actually receiving postcards informing ineligibility because Chase no longer separate personal and biz bonus, personally I would not waste a HP to test it. However there are some folks have applied away anyway - may be they will get lucky and come back to tell the community their success stories, may be they will find out they are no different but get denied the bonus because their biz card bonuses got in the way - one way or the other, I would let others to be the trailblazer.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks, Happy. I did not get the page where one enters SSN, income, and such but I did get a page which said something to the effect of 'we got your application and will get back to you'. Did not save a screenshot.

I got a similar message when I applied.

My guess was that it was another way of saying the application was denied and I would receive notice later.

About 1-2 weeks later, I got an e mail saying I had been approved and the card would be sent to me in the next week. Did receive the card about a week later.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:13 pm

I think the limited promo offer for 55k is dead. I just tried the links above in Wiki and all seems to default to the old 30k bonus only. Oh we'll, it was good while it lasted.
Note, the different browser trick trying to get the 50k offer never worked for me so some of you may still get lucky and get in on the better offer in the future.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
It is not mine, it is husband's card. He never has an UA biz card.

I currently have a business card and I can tell you that I would not even be able to see the 30k offer if I logged in since about 9 or 10 months ago. It used to be you could have both, but that changed long time ago.

Based on recent reports that either being told verbally or actually receiving postcards informing ineligibility because Chase no longer separate personal and biz bonus, personally I would not waste a HP to test it. However there are some folks have applied away anyway - may be they will get lucky and come back to tell the community their success stories, may be they will find out they are no different but get denied the bonus because their biz card bonuses got in the way - one way or the other, I would let others to be the trailblazer.
Good news for everyone: I had the Biz last year. Got the bonus way less than 24 months ago, and card is now closed. My bonus for the 50 plus 5 plus $50 card I got last month posted over the weekend! So the biz and personal are separate as far as the bonus is concerned.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:04 pm

[Active Again] UA MP Explorer card- Up to 55K miles & $50 statement credit

now the question is: anyone got the bonus with business card open?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
am I not seeing any of the 50k pts offer links working?

i see lots of 30k

although once i logged into united.com then looked at the credit card offers..the 30k offer pops up.

i just changed the 30 to 50 in the link..

and it shows a 50k offer...

this might work after logging into united

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.