Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:28 pm

If I have chase sapphire, can I transfer these points (or any of the other CC bonuses in this forum) to that then transfer to united? Couldn't find anything that confirmed that, thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by theodorant
If I have chase sapphire, can I transfer these points (or any of the other CC bonuses in this forum) to that then transfer to united? Couldn't find anything that confirmed that, thanks!
You couldn't find anything to confirm it, because it can't be done. IHG is its own award program- you cannot transfer these points effectively to any other program.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by theodorant
Originally Posted by teammjs
You couldn't find anything to confirm it, because it can't be done. IHG is its own award program- you cannot transfer these points effectively to any other program.
Chase Sapphire (or CSP) is irrelevant, as IHG points cannot be transfered into UR. However, IHG points can be converted into miles with 41 different air programs, albeit at the rather unattractive rate of 10K points per 2K miles.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:12 am

As the sticky asked for experiences regarding applications made post-March 8th, I shall share mine.

I just applied today (3/10/14) for the IHG Card via the link in the sticky. I cut and pasted link into "incognito window" in a google chrome browser.

link took me to a rather shady looking IHG re-directed web page at which I could fill out the pertinent information for applying. the web-page I was directed to had no indication as to what the sign up bonus was or which card I was applying for.

I went through the application process twice today, once applying for a card for myself, and once in order to apply for a card in my wife's name.

Both applications were immediately approved and the approval window said "approved for IHG VISA."

At this time I will have to wait the two weeks to get the cards, at which time I will be able to tell whether I receive a VISA or A MC, and call and confirm which package my wife and I just got approved for. While I hope for the 80k, 60k is better than nothing for my current purposes.

I will update this posting when I receive the cards, call in, and confirm what my bonus in fact truly is.

- M
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Also interested in those with IHG Visa who is applying for the MC. Please let us know if you are successful!

Also, for the 10% award stay rebate feature - is the 10% posted after award booking or stay? And how long does it usually take to receive the bonus?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Mar 10, 2014 at 10:09 am
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: Free Agent
I applied for it on 2/28, approved instantly, got the VISA version but nothing in the welcome letter about how many points. One thing that was interesting in the welcome letter was lifetime platinum(not that it means whole lot) status as long as the card is active. This seems to be the same benefit as the one show with the master card offer currently on the website.

Would love to know long term if the card is churnable with the master card version as well.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by agp423

Also, for the 10% award stay rebate feature - is the 10% posted after award booking or stay? And how long does it usually take to receive the bonus?
after the stay. It's not instant like barclays arrival or AA platinum
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
I doubt you'd get the reward for the MC, cause if that were the case you would get two 1 day certificates, I hope Im wrong, that alone would make me jump out of the garden to get another IHG card.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ac921ol
I doubt you'd get the reward for the MC, cause if that were the case you would get two 1 day certificates, I hope Im wrong, that alone would make me jump out of the garden to get another IHG card.
Wow you're totally right. I wonder where one would get the answer to this question...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Strawboy1230
Wow you're totally right. I wonder where one would get the answer to this question...
The only way to find out is to apply for the MC version. That's my guess anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Mikeamg
As the sticky asked for experiences regarding applications made post-March 8th, I shall share mine.

I just applied today (3/10/14) for the IHG Card via the link in the sticky. I cut and pasted link into "incognito window" in a google chrome browser.

link took me to a rather shady looking IHG re-directed web page at which I could fill out the pertinent information for applying. the web-page I was directed to had no indication as to what the sign up bonus was or which card I was applying for.

I went through the application process twice today, once applying for a card for myself, and once in order to apply for a card in my wife's name.

Both applications were immediately approved and the approval window said "approved for IHG VISA."

At this time I will have to wait the two weeks to get the cards, at which time I will be able to tell whether I receive a VISA or A MC, and call and confirm which package my wife and I just got approved for. While I hope for the 80k, 60k is better than nothing for my current purposes.

I will update this posting when I receive the cards, call in, and confirm what my bonus in fact truly is.

- M
You can expedite your card, just need to call Chase customer care and tell that you are planning to book hotel and ask if they can expedite the card. Chase is very good at expedited shipping without any charge.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:07 pm

The 80,000 point offer exists for the MasterCard here:

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/

Enter your login information and the PGFTNHNAD3 or SAMPN3YAA39. These codes may only work for targeted accounts, but they worked with with my login credentials and I already have the Visa. After watching a 90 second video you should get a screen showing 1,000 bonus points applied to your account (if you are eligible) and an offer for the 80,000 point MasterCard from Chase with the annual fee waived for the first year.

Here's a direct link to that application (it shows the MasterCard) with no mention of any bonus points:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

I also was offered the MasterCard with 60,000 bonus points and a $50 statement credit when I was booking a room with IHG this morning.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by animesh42001
You can expedite your card, just need to call Chase customer care and tell that you are planning to book hotel and ask if they can expedite the card. Chase is very good at expedited shipping without any charge.
Thanks for the heads up. I just called and confirmed with Chase that both my wife and I did receive the 80k point offer for the applications that we submitted today (3/10/14), and which were approved. I also confirmed that we did in fact receive VISA cards, not MC.

Thanks for the tip on the expediting. They will now be arriving in 2-3 biz days.

M
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:24 pm

I already have the Visa, but I decided to apply for the 80k MasterCard offer just to see what they'd say. The application went to pending when I submitted it so I called the reconsideration line and I was told that the application was denied because I already have the Visa. My credit report wasn't even pulled.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
I already have the Visa, but I decided to apply for the 80k MasterCard offer just to see what they'd say. The application went to pending when I submitted it so I called the reconsideration line and I was told that the application was denied because I already have the Visa. My credit report wasn't even pulled.
when did you get your current Visa card ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.