FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:19 pm
animesh42001

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Mikeamg
As the sticky asked for experiences regarding applications made post-March 8th, I shall share mine.

I just applied today (3/10/14) for the IHG Card via the link in the sticky. I cut and pasted link into "incognito window" in a google chrome browser.

link took me to a rather shady looking IHG re-directed web page at which I could fill out the pertinent information for applying. the web-page I was directed to had no indication as to what the sign up bonus was or which card I was applying for.

I went through the application process twice today, once applying for a card for myself, and once in order to apply for a card in my wife's name.

Both applications were immediately approved and the approval window said "approved for IHG VISA."

At this time I will have to wait the two weeks to get the cards, at which time I will be able to tell whether I receive a VISA or A MC, and call and confirm which package my wife and I just got approved for. While I hope for the 80k, 60k is better than nothing for my current purposes.

I will update this posting when I receive the cards, call in, and confirm what my bonus in fact truly is.

- M
You can expedite your card, just need to call Chase customer care and tell that you are planning to book hotel and ask if they can expedite the card. Chase is very good at expedited shipping without any charge.