Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltravel
Hi, I received the IHG Chase CC today and confirmed the 80K points. I applied for this card to use the bonus points for my December vacation, 26-30.

However, my closing date is Nov 24 and the CS I talked to said that I wouldn't be able to receive the 80K points until after the statement closes on Dec 24, which will be too late for me. I thought I still have 7 days until the closing date Nov 24 to be able to receive the points? I also asked him about moving the closing date earlier. He said he could move the closing date earlier but it would not guarantee the posting of the points earlier either. I'd love to move the closing dates to the first week in December and receive the points before my vacation on 12/26-12/30. Anyone has the same experience before?
EDIT: I called back the CS and she moved my closing date to 12/9 (to be safe) from 12/24, so I can receive points on time to book the hotels.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:50 am

I also got a pending application, but when I called recon they too said they couldn't find the application?? Without re-applying, anything I can do besides wait?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:08 pm

So for those that cancelled their card before IHG made the visa/mastercard switch, did you earn the bonus again?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by bobloblaw
So for those that cancelled their card before IHG made the visa/mastercard switch, did you earn the bonus again?
check posts beginning with 1801 lots of confirmation on 2nd time bonus
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by duranza
check posts beginning with 1801 lots of confirmation on 2nd time bonus
^
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by bobloblaw
Yes, and it was as much as fun as it was the last time!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:11 pm

It has been 5 days since my wife's statement closed...the statement shows 88k+ points to be transferred, but they have not hit her IHG account yet. Has anyone see the transfer take this long? Typically my point transfers on any Chase card have always been 1-2 days max, including my IHG card.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
It has been 5 days since my wife's statement closed...the statement shows 88k+ points to be transferred, but they have not hit her IHG account yet. Has anyone see the transfer take this long? Typically my point transfers on any Chase card have always been 1-2 days max, including my IHG card.
Call Chase to inquire that the transfer really went into her account number.

It happened to my mom's card. Applied through one of the links, the 80k posted on her statement, and after at least a week of waiting (longer than usual for Chase to post), I had her contact Chase.

Turned out that despite putting in her IHG number on the application, the points were apparently posted to some other account we don't recognize (but that it indeed went into someone else's account). It was the strangest thing and got me to wonder if we used a bad phantom links or she was just unlucky, because this account is not remotely similar to her account (so it wasn't a matter of a typo, etc). At any rate, we let Chase know and Chase was quick to make her whole with this issue, though required 2 follow-ups.

Good luck. Hopefully yours is just a matter of delayed posting and not a similar situation.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Call Chase to inquire that the transfer really went into her account number.

It happened to my mom's card. Applied through one of the links, the 80k posted on her statement, and after at least a week of waiting (longer than usual for Chase to post), I had her contact Chase.

Turned out that despite putting in her IHG number on the application, the points were apparently posted to some other account we don't recognize (but that it indeed went into someone else's account). It was the strangest thing and got me to wonder if we used a bad phantom links or she was just unlucky, because this account is not remotely similar to her account (so it wasn't a matter of a typo, etc). At any rate, we let Chase know and Chase was quick to make her whole with this issue, though required 2 follow-ups.

Good luck. Hopefully yours is just a matter of delayed posting and not a similar situation.
It looks like something similar happened. Chase had a different account number than my wife's current IHG account. Apparently IHG had merged the accounts a year or so ago, but there was still a separate account where the points went. IHG has re-merged them and all should be well now.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has anyone used this card at Sam's Club? We used it and got only 1 point/dollar there. Would contact customer service do any good?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has anyone used this card at Sam's Club? We used it and got only 1 point/dollar there. Would contact customer service do any good?
What percentage of earning you expect?

You do know all whole sale clubs are excluded from "dept store" category, dont you?

WMT and TGT also do not belong the "dept store" category either.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Happy
What percentage of earning you expect?

You do know all whole sale clubs are excluded from "dept store" category, dont you?

WMT and TGT also do not belong the "dept store" category either.
Did not know that. I got 2 points at Walmart.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Did not know that. I got 2 points at Walmart.
Count that as system glitch.

Check out Chase Freedom 5x this quarter and see how Chase defines WMT and TGT.

Not a single card issuer that I know of, has category earning on whole sale clubs - Sam's and Costco often are specifically mentioned not qualified.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Applied using link in wiki, instant approval.
Had the Visa previously before they changed over to MC and canceled sometime in March.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Does the 80k link still work? I really want to apply, meet min spend quickly, get the points, and perhaps use them for a hotel stay in Singapore in early February...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.