Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Thank you guys. I just received my card and SM chase to expedite my IHG platinum status. Btw

Does anybody have this card as a world elite MC? Or with a CHIP/EMV?

Tia
UPDATE:

I received two hours ago a response from chase:

Dear -------,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your membership
status on your IHG® Rewards Club Select credit card
account.

The IHG® Rewards Club Select credit card entitles you to
receive Platinum Elite Status for the life of the card.
Platinum Elite Status will be automatically applied to the
IHG® Rewards Club account within six to eight weeks of
account opening. As an exception, if you have a current
reservation and have not yet received the Platinum Elite
Status, we will be able to contact IHG® Rewards Club on
your behalf and request that they process the upgrade in
order for you to receive the benefits with your hotel
reservation. However, if you do not have a reservation
already booked, we will be unable to have this upgrade
processed any sooner then the advertised six to eight
weeks of account opening.

We have sent this information to IHG® Rewards Club. Once
we hear back from them we will send you a follow up e-mail
to advise of the outcome.

If you have additional questions about your IHG® Rewards
Club Program or your point balance, please call the IHG®
Rewards Club Center at 1-888-211-9874.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

-------------------

Two hours later, my IHG status shows as platinum!!! So awesome! thats why I love chase!:-::-:
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:52 am

Just a quick update... it seems the link in wiki is still alive. Applied and approved yesterday. Then called and verified the 80k signup bonus
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Is platinum elite the same as platinum ? My husband has had the new card changed from the old since April and all it shows on the IHG website is Platinum.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by duranza
Is platinum elite the same as platinum ? My husband has had the new card changed from the old since April and all it shows on the IHG website is Platinum.

There are various levels of "elite status" with IHG. Platinum is the highest level.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Points have posted already

As we all know, Chase can be frustrating at times, But then some things about Chase are quite wonderful. I canceled my Visa Priority card just before Chase began sending out the MC version. Then a couple weeks ago I applied for the MC version. I made the minimum spend right away, then discovered that my first bill won't post for 6 weeks after I got the card. I'd been hoping to get the points much sooner to begin booking award stays.

I called in, but they would not move up the billing date. I didn't mention anything about waiting for the points when I called them.

My bill still won't post for another month, but I just saw on the IHG website that Chase has already posted my 80K points, along with the points for the minimum spend.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Brugge
There are various levels of "elite status" with IHG. Platinum is the highest level.
Chase's reply to my husband's SM was that they will inform IHG since it was suppose to be updated 6-8 weeks after acquiring the card which was back in April .
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I can say that this card is a no brainer... I just opened two weeks ago. Spent two days at a Crowne Plaza and they upgraded my room to a club level in the top floor with a nice view. The price difference between the one I booked and the one they game me was $40. So $80 saved in total in two nights for having the card...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:35 am

Is this still 80k or 60k? I did this last year for 60k and used it like mad..we spend 4 days in jamaica all inclusive for free.. looking to get another one for the wife if its 80k point.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by john08135i
Is this still 80k or 60k? I did this last year for 60k and used it like mad..we spend 4 days in jamaica all inclusive for free.. looking to get another one for the wife if its 80k point.
As a data point that might help answer your question:

I applied for the card using the 80k link above w/ instant approval and started using my card in late August, meeting the minimum spend in early September. The 80k bonus and my Platinum status posted to my account earlier this month.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:06 pm

I applied through the link above https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01 and got approved.

Don't know yet if I will get 80k points or not. But do they give me the night certificate as well? or not yet?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
I applied through the link above https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01 and got approved.

Don't know yet if I will get 80k points or not. But do they give me the night certificate as well? or not yet?
You will get the free night certificate on your anniversary.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Just had 2k points posted instead of the 80k after completing the $1k spend. Should I chase this up or do the remaining points soon follow?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Just had 2k points posted instead of the 80k after completing the $1k spend. Should I chase this up or do the remaining points soon follow?
Man, you used the link in this thread? That's crazy if that's the case. How are you planning on deputing them?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett
I think you ought to read the third Q&A in the wiki at the top of this thread. I suspect it answers this question.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:02 pm

Question Two questions about Chase IHG card

Many posts online say the Chase IHG card is a no brainer and I am recently thinking about get one for myself. I have two questions which I couldn't figure out by Google.
1. My dad travels much more than me. Can I give my annual free night to my dad? I know I can redeem my IHG point and reserve rooms for him. But I don't know whether I can do the same thing with my annual free night at IHG.
2. I will be attending a conference and IHG is the official hotel of the conference. The conference requires me to reserve a room via a given link:
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do...entID=11****14
(For privacy the middle 4 digits of the event ID are hidden.) If I reserve my room using my Chase IHG card via this link, can I still earn 5 points per dollar? It seems this passkey.com is a website offering discounted hotel rates for events.

If no and no, is there any other hotel card that has a positive answer for the first question, or can earn points from reservations at a third party website?
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.