Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Brugge
Just tried it and it loaded just fine for me.
Used the Wiki link to apply yesterday afternoon, and was instantly approved with $15K. Having lowered the CLs on my existing cards with Chase and Citi turns out to have been a great idea. Instant approval for this card and the Citi HH card yesterday. First instant approvals in quite some time.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:21 pm

at what point does the platinum elite status kick in. i have had the card for several weeks, but the change isn't reflect in my ihg profile. thanks
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by travisw
at what point does the platinum elite status kick in. i have had the card for several weeks, but the change isn't reflect in my ihg profile. thanks
Hello, I have the same question... can anyone help?

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:59 am

Took about two months for me
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nall
Took about two months for me
wow thats a long time! I have a trip in 20 days and I am staying at two IHG hotels...
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
wow thats a long time! I have a trip in 20 days and I am staying at two IHG hotels...
Call Chase and ask them to expedite your status. I've seen (somewhere ) a report of success with that. And of course, you have nothing to lose.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:05 pm

Call Chase and ask them to expedite your status. I've seen (somewhere ) a report of success with that. And of course, you have nothing to lose.
Definitely call and ask -- couldn't hurt. I had to call for approval, and explained I have a stay in a few weeks and wanted to use the card to book. Rep said they would expedite and might arrive 48-72 hours.

Now I just need to remember to SM Chase to see if they can contact IHG and have them change my status to Platinum (I think that's what the card provides, right?).
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Hello, I have the same question... can anyone help?
Applied in mid-July (2014), had a stay around the end of July, and had no status by the end of the stay. Met the minimum spend and paid the bill, and within a month of applying (mid August, 2014) the 80K signup bonus arrived, and I had platinum status.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by whey
Definitely call and ask -- couldn't hurt. I had to call for approval, and explained I have a stay in a few weeks and wanted to use the card to book. Rep said they would expedite and might arrive 48-72 hours.

Now I just need to remember to SM Chase to see if they can contact IHG and have them change my status to Platinum (I think that's what the card provides, right?).
Expediting the card might work too, I only meant the second part, where you ask them to contact IHG to confirm your Platinum status.

Last edited by Brugge; Oct 5, 2014 at 10:07 am
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:49 pm

Thank you guys. I just received my card and SM chase to expedite my IHG platinum status. Btw

Does anybody have this card as a world elite MC? Or with a CHIP/EMV?

Tia
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:40 am

I received bonus on old VISA 3 years ago -- card was replaced with MC b4 I had a chance to cancel old Visa -- AFTER I received the MC I cancelled it

since last bonus was 3 years ago on a different product and I never received a bonus on MC that chase sent me --If i now reapply for MC will I get the bonus ?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
I received bonus on old VISA 3 years ago -- card was replaced with MC b4 I had a chance to cancel old Visa -- AFTER I received the MC I cancelled it

since last bonus was 3 years ago on a different product and I never received a bonus on MC that chase sent me --If i now reapply for MC will I get the bonus ?
AFAIK yes. The rules I've read are you have to wait 2 years after receiving a bonus. It doesn't matter in your case which type of card it was, since it's been well over 2 years, you are good to reapply.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:12 am

AFAIK yes. The rules I've read are you have to wait 2 years after receiving a bonus. It doesn't matter in your case which type of card it was, since it's been well over 2 years, you are good to reapply.
tks for input -my thoughts too
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:14 pm

For this card, can you redeem the points for statement credit/cash, and if so is it at the standard level of 1 cent per point? Or do they have to be redeemed for hotels/travel/specific categories?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by zabar
For this card, can you redeem the points for statement credit/cash, and if so is it at the standard level of 1 cent per point? Or do they have to be redeemed for hotels/travel/specific categories?
Welcome to FT!

Redemption options are described in detail on the IHG website. You will not get anything close to 1c/point for gift cards, the closest thing to cash rewards.

Since this topic isn't specific to the Chase IHG card, but instead goes to the fundamentals of the IHG program (regardless of how points are earned), further discussion belongs in the IHG forum, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...mbassador-426/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.