Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
that is an awesome deal I still have 3 more months until I can re-apply! cant wait
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
Does the 80k link still work? I really want to apply, meet min spend quickly, get the points, and perhaps use them for a hotel stay in Singapore in early February...
The wiki is excruciatingly clear on this exact point. Is there some reason you feel confused despite that unambiguous guidance?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Does the 80k link still work? I really want to apply, meet min spend quickly, get the points, and perhaps use them for a hotel stay in Singapore in early February...
yes, I just received mine and I had the visa before.. see my post above yours.
Just confirmed the 80k points for spending $1k within 103 days ( that's what the agent said)

Last edited by duranza; Dec 8, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by duranza
yes, I just received mine and I had the visa before.. see my post above yours.
Just confirmed the 80k points for spending $1k within 103 days ( that's what the agent said)
103 days (or some similar odd number) is not uncommon. Chase always seems to give me some extra days beyond the 3 month period to account for the time it takes to process and mail the card, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by onthego15
103 days (or some similar odd number) is not uncommon. Chase always seems to give me some extra days beyond the 3 month period to account for the time it takes to process and mail the card, etc.
For anyone able and willing to MS, the easiest thing to do is just make the minimum spend the first month, get the sign up bonus right away, and not have to worry about how long you have left to get it done.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Brugge
For anyone able and willing to MS, the easiest thing to do is just make the minimum spend the first month, get the sign up bonus right away, and not have to worry about how long you have left to get it done.
And for those that don't MS it is nice that Chase accounts for those extra days in transit of the new card.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Thanks all for the information. Card is on it's way through the mail right now.

Just another question though: As soon as I get this card, I plan to literally meet the minimum spend immediately within the first week. Is there any way I can "fast-forward" my first statement closing date so I can get the points faster (say, like 1 to 2 weeks from now instead of having to wait until mid-January) so I can book a room at a hotel in Singapore in February before the rooms "disappear" from availability? I'd like to get this done ASAP...thanks
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:30 pm
fMD

Data point: Got 80k after $1k spent
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:10 am

Just another question though: As soon as I get this card, I plan to literally meet the minimum spend immediately within the first week. Is there any way I can "fast-forward" my first statement closing date so I can get the points faster (say, like 1 to 2 weeks from now instead of having to wait until mid-January) so I can book a room at a hotel in Singapore in February before the rooms "disappear" from availability? I'd like to get this done ASAP...thanks
Probably not, as usually banks make you wait a billing period or two before they move the payment date. If there is any possibility, it would be to ask to speak to a CSR before you activate the card, and ask to move the date. I'm not sure if that will work or not. Once it gets activated with a payment date, you can't reset it for a couple of months. Meaning you can request it at any point, but they won't move it till then.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:35 pm

You can always try. We just moved the first scheduled closing date for a new SW premier card and it resulted in the actual first closing date to be only a few days after the card was activated (as it worked out we were really scheduling when the 2nd closing date was to occur). You'd need to allow enough time for the charges to clear though.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
You can always try. We just moved the first scheduled closing date for a new SW premier card and it resulted in the actual first closing date to be only a few days after the card was activated (as it worked out we were really scheduling when the 2nd closing date was to occur). You'd need to allow enough time for the charges to clear though.

Did you change the first statement date or the second?

And even if it was the second, and you moved it close to the first, how did you do that? I'm usually told a couple of statements have to post before they can change the date.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:44 am

Did you change the first statement date or the second?

And even if it was the second, and you moved it close to the first, how did you do that? I'm usually told a couple of statements have to post before they can change the date.
It seemed like we were moving the existing first closing date back (from the end of Dec. to the beginning of Jan.) but it had the effect of creating a "new," first closing date at the beginning of Dec. just a few days after the card had been activated.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
It seemed like we were moving the existing first closing date back (from the end of Dec. to the beginning of Jan.) but it had the effect of creating a "new," first closing date at the beginning of Dec. just a few days after the card had been activated.
Still wondering how you did that. Did you ask for a CSR instead of using the computer to activate the card, and move it before you activated the card. Did you activate the card, then call or SM afterwards?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:44 am

$50 credit available on this 80,000 offer?

We were about to make a reservation at Holiday Inn and the ad popped in to say get the 60,000 offer with a 50 credit for lst stay. Any input? We do not use hotels much and I am reluctant to apply because we have 4 other Chase cards and we know Chase can be vindictive for seeking too many bonuses.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:11 pm

Still wondering how you did that. Did you ask for a CSR instead of using the computer to activate the card, and move it before you activated the card. Did you activate the card, then call or SM afterwards?
Activated first then called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.