Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
Does anybody know how long it takes to transfer UR points to Marriott points?
The transfer to Hyatt is instant. You can test 1K to see how fast it goes.

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
I ...is AA one of the eligible airlines for you to use UR to book?

Also, is anyone on here in a position to comment on whether they prefer the $450 AA Citi card that earns EQMs versus using UR to book flights which earn EQMs?
UR works just like "cash" when booking flights, except it offers a discount so it is more than 0.01 per point worth. There is no such thing as "eligible airlines".

The $450 AA card is more than earning EQM - essentially you pay for the AC access plus other benefits thrown in. If you have AC membership, then you should get the $450 AA card and ditch your AC membership.

Last edited by mia; Dec 22, 2011 at 8:18 am
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
UR works just like "cash" when booking flights, except it offers a discount so it is more than 0.01 per point worth. There is no such thing as "eligible airlines".
Does that mean that you can use the points for WN? (WN doesn't show up online, just like it doesn't price out on Kayak).
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by MyTravels
Does that mean that you can use the points for WN? (WN doesn't show up online, just like it doesn't price out on Kayak).
Beginning Jan 1st you can transfer over to WN.... then book the tickets using "points"... I have found that some of the $170 tickets I was looking at were only 10.5K points. So that is a better value then booking them through UR...
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
Beginning Jan 1st you can transfer over to WN.... then book the tickets using "points"...
And because UR transfers to UA are instantaneous, presumably WN transfers will be as well. ^
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Amex,AS,DL,Marriott,Hilton
Originally Posted by mot29
Actually there is a nice benefit to multiple freedom cards -- I have two because affiliation cards/branded cards got converted to freedom.

The 4% bonus quarterly category promos are limited to $1500 or 6000 extra points, for each freedom card. This quarter was a good one -- charitable contributions and dept store purchases. I maxed out both freedom cards for the bonuses.
Exactly. I have 2 freedom cards, too. And don't worry about total number of cards with Chase. I have 5. All were approved without having to do anything other than filling out the application on-line.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:36 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Jlove
I think it's faster too.
There's a 33 pg thread on the Marriott card; I think it's discussed there.
Does anybody know how long it takes to transfer UR points to Marriott points? The TC says 3-4 weeks but I guess it could be faster.
I tried a transfer with 1,000 points and it was completed in 2 days.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: AA, HH Gold, PCR Platinum,US
This may have been discussed elsewhere, however each one's experiance is different. I am really interested in the Chase preffered Saphire, but don't want a decline notice for applying too early from a previous Chase cc. What has been the recommended wait time between cards. I have heard some people getting approved for mutilple cards within weeks of each other, and then I have heard 6months. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried a transfer with 1,000 points and it was completed in 2 days.
They should make it instant like the Hyatt Gold Passport.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Membership due on AAA - anybody has experience on how it is treated?

I wonder if AAA's charge is treated just as ordinary sale or travel related, given AAA basically sells travel-related services and products these days. I know it is how AAA classifies itself count but if anybody has any experience on this, please post.

C1 is very generous in treating what would be travel-related, even though some times the system does not, the CSR has been empowered to make discretionary adjustment. Anybody has similar situation with Chase?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by jjkpartsman
This may have been discussed elsewhere, however each one's experiance is different. I am really interested in the Chase preffered Saphire, but don't want a decline notice for applying too early from a previous Chase cc. What has been the recommended wait time between cards. I have heard some people getting approved for mutilple cards within weeks of each other, and then I have heard 6months. Any help would be appreciated.
I don't wait 6 months, maybe 75 days. I have 5 Chase, 4 of which I got in the last 10 months. However, one is the Ink Bold Buisness which may not count against me in Chases mind.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by jjkpartsman
This may have been discussed elsewhere, however each one's experience is different. I am really interested in the Chase preferred Sapphire, but don't want a decline notice for applying too early from a previous Chase cc. What has been the recommended wait time between cards. I have heard some people getting approved for multiple cards within weeks of each other, and then I have heard 6months. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm confused. It looks like you're dismissing what's written on the subject but are asking for it to be repeated anyway?

Reading between the lines it looks like you already know the answer, so not sure what you really want here.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:01 am

I've mainly only gotten airline credit cards, or xferred pts from amex to airlines.
It's often difficult to get a RT domestic flight using 25k miles from the airline programs. With this card and the 50k pts, how many domestic RT's can you get realistically?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bernyx
I've mainly only gotten airline credit cards, or xferred pts from amex to airlines.
It's often difficult to get a RT domestic flight using 25k miles from the airline programs. With this card and the 50k pts, how many domestic RT's can you get realistically?
I use my airline miles for international travel only -- but -- for a direct comparison, I recently booked TPE-KUL in business class on CI using 70,000 DL miles plus $80 in taxes and fees ($50 of that is YQ).
On the Rearden site I could have booked a connection in business class on Malaysian airlines for 67,616 UR points.

But a sample domestic -- DCA-LAX on DL, 25,000 miles for 1/5-1/7.
Rearden -- BWI-LGB, DL out and US return for 31,104 UR points, but of course you earn miles (I think, don't see the booking class on Rearden).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mot29
I use my airline miles for international travel only -- but -- for a direct comparison, I recently booked TPE-KUL in business class on CI using 70,000 DL miles plus $80 in taxes and fees ($50 of that is YQ).
On the Rearden site I could have booked a connection in business class on Malaysian airlines for 67,616 UR points.

But a sample domestic -- DCA-LAX on DL, 25,000 miles for 1/5-1/7.
Rearden -- BWI-LGB, DL out and US return for 31,104 UR points, but of course you earn miles (I think, don't see the booking class on Rearden).
So I guess the advantage would be the ability to mix airlines for outbound and inbound?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bernyx
With this card and the 50k pts, how many domestic RT's can you get realistically?
50,000 point are worth exactly $625 if redeemed for airline tickets. The number of tickets depends on the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.