Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Website - system issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Website - system issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I think it was on oriental daily, they are saying head of cx it is "invited to leave", and the unions were saying cx is harsh on him.

Tho id say he's rightly to be leaving!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:00 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by percysmith
Let's break out the Deutz
Not so fast. It will take a few months to replace the leadership, and probably 12 months before we see any results from a new strategy. So it could possibly slow down improvements now.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:23 am

According to HK newspapers, CX IT headcount seems exceeds 700. It is a big IT team, considering they adopt a lot of canned products and outsource many IT projects. It is really surreal to produce such horrible qualities with such large IT dept.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:36 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sxc
Not so fast. It will take a few months to replace the leadership, and probably 12 months before we see any results from a new strategy. So it could possibly slow down improvements now.
Were Locandro & Co. doing any improvements? All they seem to do were to make app/website prettier, not better.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Originally Posted by percysmith
Were Locandro & Co. doing any improvements? All they seem to do were to make app/website prettier, not better.
App is a lot better than it was. at least you can now book on the app and check MPO info - as well as usual seat select, check in, boarding pass stuff. Also seems much more stable. I use it a lot and it never seems to be down (tempting fate, I realise!).
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by insideman
App is a lot better than it was. at least you can now book on the app and check MPO info - as well as usual seat select, check in, boarding pass stuff. Also seems much more stable. I use it a lot and it never seems to be down (tempting fate, I realise!).
Just reminded me I've a flight this weekend. Though it's with my sissy bros and I'm always on the brink of cancelling it (it's an Avios booking on CX, I've entered my GR number in and we're coming up to 24hr cancellation window):

"Sorry, our app cannot help you check in now, Please check in at our website or visit our airport counter."

Hmm...the app is mourning Locandro's departure?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:55 am

Has anyone been able to book tickets successfully on cx.com over the past few days? The site has been directing me to the "we are experiencing technical difficulties" page after I input my credit card details and click purchase.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Angry More web woes.

Further to my earlier post about a possible trip next Jan-Mar (CDG-HKG-AKL-HKG-CDG) with stopovers at HKG in both directions. This trip wasn't possible when going through the online system with the Multi Dest/Stopover and +/- 3 day options as it only threw up options with no stopovers (I think they were all "I" bucket fare type. Using the exact day option the fares were HUGE, something like 4 times the cost of the +/- 3 day option.

I emailed the Paris reservations centre explaining the problem and they can do the trip that I want for as near as damnit what I paid earlier this year ("D" bucket), they gave me the dates, flight numbers etc. applicable for that fare/trip and asked me to try the online system with that info. I did and guess what, it still came up with the options that I had seen before so no luck with that.

I've emailed them back telling me what I'd found so I will book direct with the reservations centre when my dates are firmed up. The web/online booking system is seriously mis-leading and must be leading to more calls to the reservations centre from people who realise that what they are seeing is not correct.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@Lussac

I know it's a pain, but I can tell you the exact same issue exists with at least one other airline I fly and I have to call in. Nuts.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
New Manage Booking Issue?

So I've recently encountered a Manage Booking issue that I haven't experienced before. I'm trying to change seat assignments for a roundtrip J ticket (bought on the CX website) that has 4 sectors.

I can't change any of my seat assignments and for each sector, there is a message stating:

"This flight sector does not allow seat request in advance.
For flights operated by Cathay Pacific and Dragonair, please check in online to select your preferred seat up to 48 hours before your flight. If you are not eligible to check in online, please proceed directly to airport for check-in.
For other flights, please contact the operating carrier’s reservations office for any enquiry."

I'm DM, this is a J class ticket and my MarcoPolo number is on the PNR.

The first 2 flight sectors are for a departure in 11 days and there are open J seats - 1st sector shorthaul and 2nd sector longhaul. The last 2 sectors are in mid-July and there are open J seats as well - the 3rd sector longhaul and 4th sector shorthaul.

I've never had this happen before and am wondering if anyone on FT has experienced this.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Strong
So I've recently encountered a Manage Booking issue that I haven't experienced before. I'm trying to change seat assignments for a roundtrip J ticket (bought on the CX website) that has 4 sectors.

I can't change any of my seat assignments and for each sector, there is a message stating:

"This flight sector does not allow seat request in advance.
For flights operated by Cathay Pacific and Dragonair, please check in online to select your preferred seat up to 48 hours before your flight. If you are not eligible to check in online, please proceed directly to airport for check-in.
For other flights, please contact the operating carrier’s reservations office for any enquiry."

I'm DM, this is a J class ticket and my MarcoPolo number is on the PNR.

The first 2 flight sectors are for a departure in 11 days and there are open J seats - 1st sector shorthaul and 2nd sector longhaul. The last 2 sectors are in mid-July and there are open J seats as well - the 3rd sector longhaul and 4th sector shorthaul.

I've never had this happen before and am wondering if anyone on FT has experienced this.
Same here. mpc SL + OWS in J and couldn't change my seat selection either
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by OWHKG2016
Same here. mpc SL + OWS in J and couldn't change my seat selection either
Same here a few minutes ago. DM member, online booking for KUL-LAX via HKG in J.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:54 pm

I've been calling to change my J seatings all weekend.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
It's not just the manage my bookings section that has gone bust recently but other pages as well.

If you go to the seat maps page, it shows the old aircraft configurations on the menu but takes you to a blank page when you click on them.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:42 pm

i am trying to check in online, for a Wed flight... but getting "system error" messages too...

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We are having a problem showing the seat map. This issue may be temporary. Please try again a bit later, or proceed to the airport where our staff will be happy to check you in. "

Last edited by infinitium; Jun 26, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.