Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
UPDATE
Hi everyone, problem now resolved. Please post if you continue to have issues but we've tested a range of routes/dates and found no errors.

Simon
It works! Thanks Simon.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA EC
Try to select a seat for my upcoming flight from BCN-LGW on this sat, unable to select a seat with bronze status
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold, HH - Diamond, Club Carlson - Gold, IHG - Spire
Got a weird issue. One of my bookings to NYC had a flight time change, and since the flight changed to a 10 minutes earlier departure, my booking says the expected avios and tier points earned have changed to '0' for all passengers. Same flights/BA planes and class of travel, even after the change of time. Is the likelihood I will receive the points/avios and the error is what is being displayed online?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sean1231
Got a weird issue. One of my bookings to NYC had a flight time change, and since the flight changed to a 10 minutes earlier departure, my booking says the expected avios and tier points earned have changed to '0' for all passengers. Same flights/BA planes and class of travel, even after the change of time. Is the likelihood I will receive the points/avios and the error is what is being displayed online?
If you do then just claim what you are due after they post.

The system that displays TP/avios on MMB is not the same which actually does the crediting to your account - so the fact than MMB is not accurate is not an issue.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:33 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by sean1231
Hi,
Please PM us with details of the booking and we'll investigate.

For the record Tier Points and Avios are credited post travel so while the display in MMB may be incorrect it will not determine whether TP/Avios are credited.
Simon
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:44 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by bmiStar
For clarity, Is the issue (being reported since 6th) of exit row seats being unavailable (greyed out) for silver/gold card holders, a glitch or a change in policy?
Hi bmistar,
Apologies for the confusion, a technical glitch that is now fixed. No change in policy.
Simon
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA, BA, DL, MR, SPG, AGR
Change date on Existing Avios Booking

Trying to change the date of an existing Avios booking. The date picker appears to have a bug where it is actually one day off. As an example, I picked 16 March 2016 and it says I picked 15 March 2016 instead. Please assist.

MAC OS X 10.11.1 Safari 9.0.1 (Also tried Firefox, same thing)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Hi bmistar,
Apologies for the confusion, a technical glitch that is now fixed. No change in policy.
Simon
.... Fixed? If this is fixed then I guess what I'm seeing is not a glitch but another enhancement of benefits. None of my short haul flights have any exit rows available, even on otherwise empty flights.
Attached Images  

Last edited by GaxxyFlyer; Feb 10, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Varies
OH made a booking today using an Amex 241 voucher. The initial quote for return club class tickets LHR - YVR, off-peak, showed the correct number of avios (125k for the two of us). When he added a charitable donation the page updated and in the same place as before the total number of avios required had doubled to 250k. He had to cancel the charity donation, backpage and resubmit the request in order to get the correct number of avios again. The booking then went through correctly.

eta, we did the booking together, so I witnessed the change in total avios that happened as soon as the charity donation was added

Last edited by ttama; Feb 10, 2016 at 7:36 pm Reason: More info
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
incorrect mileage credit

Not sure if this thread is meant to include general BA technical problems related to IT, or only and specifically web site issues.

I have now had 4 segments in a row where I've input the loyalty program number to which I wished to credit, and the segments have still credited to a different program.

I changed the program number in MMB, confirmed with counter and gate staff that the correct number was in, had boarding passes printed with the correct number on them...and STILL had mileage post elsewhere.

This is clearly an issue, bug, or glitch of some sort and I'd appreciate any help sorting it out.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I just tried to change my seat assignment for a flight next Sunday morning, from 3F to 2A in the Club Europe cabin. I got the following error message:

Sorry, we are unable to confirm your seat request(s) at this time. Please try again later or check in at the earliest opportunity in order to choose the best available seat(s)

I thought that perhaps someone else had happened to select 2A just before I did, so I refreshed the seat map. Seat 2A is still free. So I tried to change my seat assignment again, from 3F to 2A, and got the same message.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:56 am
Company Representative

Hi, This sounds like it might be a broader systems issue than just ba.com - Please could you PM details of where the incorrect scheme was credited.
Thank you
John
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:01 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by RailGuy
Trying to change the date of an existing Avios booking. The date picker appears to have a bug where it is actually one day off. As an example, I picked 16 March 2016 and it says I picked 15 March 2016 instead. Please assist.

MAC OS X 10.11.1 Safari 9.0.1 (Also tried Firefox, same thing)
Hi,
I've not managed to replicate this - do you mind PM your booking detail.
John.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:14 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
.... Fixed? If this is fixed then I guess what I'm seeing is not a glitch but another enhancement of benefits. None of my short haul flights have any exit rows available, even on otherwise empty flights.
Hi GaxxyFlyer,
Our apologies. Issue is still impacting Silver and Bronze members. We are working to resolve it.
Simon
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Hi GaxxyFlyer,
Our apologies. Issue is still impacting Silver and Bronze members. We are working to resolve it.
Simon
That's great to hear, thanks for that. The acknowledgment of this issue is very much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.