Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:37 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwb
Hi

I'm going to get a Convertible from SFO Airport in late February. Will I have a high chance getting a Ford Mustang?

Thanks!
Most likely a Mustang or Camaro. Seems more Mustangs in the fleet the last few weeks than Camaros. LAS has several of the new/2015 mustangs on their lot this week!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:55 pm
fwb

Programs: CX Green, A3 *G, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Most likely a Mustang or Camaro. Seems more Mustangs in the fleet the last few weeks than Camaros. LAS has several of the new/2015 mustangs on their lot this week!
Thanks!

I've booked Camaro SS in NYC so I wish I could try Mustang in SFO.

BTW, are the new Mustangs in LAS convertable or coupe?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwb
many of both!!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by fwb
Thanks!

I've booked Camaro SS in NYC so I wish I could try Mustang in SFO.

Just spent three weeks in a 2015 Camaro SS convertible out here in California (cheap upgrade the first week and free upgrade the second two weeks--I'm not divulging which location it was as I don't want anyone to get in trouble, but suffice it to say that I enjoy renting from them, as they've been quite good to me the last few years). Very, very fun. That thing stays glued to the twisty back roads of California's central coast like no other car I've ever driven, though the 2014 Mustang GT (coupe) I had last year was a close second.

It was painful switching from Hertz to a Hyundai Accent with Budget today--that thing is almost as bad as the Kia Rio I rented a decade ago that made me decide never to ever even consider owning a Kia for the rest of my life--although finishing my three-hour drive with the trip meter showing 40.1mpg did sort of make up for the crappy driving experience...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:17 pm
fwb

Programs: CX Green, A3 *G, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jackal
Just spent three weeks in a 2015 Camaro SS convertible out here in California (cheap upgrade the first week and free upgrade the second two weeks--I'm not divulging which location it was as I don't want anyone to get in trouble, but suffice it to say that I enjoy renting from them, as they've been quite good to me the last few years). Very, very fun. That thing stays glued to the twisty back roads of California's central coast like no other car I've ever driven, though the 2014 Mustang GT (coupe) I had last year was a close second.

It was painful switching from Hertz to a Hyundai Accent with Budget today--that thing is almost as bad as the Kia Rio I rented a decade ago that made me decide never to ever even consider owning a Kia for the rest of my life--although finishing my three-hour drive with the trip meter showing 40.1mpg did sort of make up for the crappy driving experience...
Nice to know that you got a brand new Camaro! I wish I'll get a new car too!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:34 am

Just got off the phone with Avis Brazil and they told me the current convertible fleet in Florida (Miami Airport) is:
Ford Mustang
Chevy Camaro
Chrysler 200
Volvo C70

I'd be really pissed to get the volvo or the chysler, but the guaranteed rate from hertz is double!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
FYI for the convertible crowd, the new 2015 Mustangs are coming on line now, including convertible GT 5.0s

Currently in a 2015 Caddy CTS with the new logo... talk about bells and whistles. Better equipped than the XTSs in the fleet.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
FYI for the convertible crowd, the new 2015 Mustangs are coming on line now, including convertible GT 5.0s

Currently in a 2015 Caddy CTS with the new logo... talk about bells and whistles. Better equipped than the XTSs in the fleet.
Hi do you know if Avis now stock only the Camaro and Mustang at LAX?

I'm going in May and I REALLY don't want to drive off in something like a Chrysler 200
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Bearo
Hi do you know if Avis now stock only the Camaro and Mustang at LAX?

I'm going in May and I REALLY don't want to drive off in something like a Chrysler 200
I haven't seen a 200 in a long while, but it doesn't mean it's not there, and it also doesn't prevent someone from returning it from a different location on a one-way rental.

A convertible reservation will very likely be a Camaro or Mustang.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:40 pm

Has anyone been to MCO lately? Wondering how their Luxury class is. In BOS, it was terrible. Just Lincoln MKXs or MKCs (can't recall which). Base model.

My current reservation is $430 and it's an extra $250 to get a BMW 5 series. Ugh, what to do, what to do.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm going to Vancouver in a couple of weeks. What's in their Premium fleet currently at YVR, anyone knows?
Also, I'm AVIS Preferred First, if that makes a difference...

Thanks!

Last edited by gonknoggin; Feb 20, 2015 at 1:19 am
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: CX Diamond, QF Platinum and Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by xero9
Has anyone been to MCO lately? Wondering how their Luxury class is. In BOS, it was terrible. Just Lincoln MKXs or MKCs (can't recall which). Base model.

My current reservation is $430 and it's an extra $250 to get a BMW 5 series. Ugh, what to do, what to do.
The BMW 5 series is a nice ride so long as you can get a 2015 with low milage.. a lot of them in there fleet are now +25k miles and 2014.. not worth the extra $'s there asking in my view (outside of pure BMW branding factor).

Even the new 2015 models they have are pretty much base and don't have heads up display, full camera system, electronics etc. Seems they only care about getting the upgraded $'s for the badge not the full experience for the customer.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

I had an MKC this week. Steer a way from it. Very basic and felt like an Escape inside (more poor badge engineering by FoMoCo). With all highway miles and the cruise set 73-75mph, the ecoboost engine only got 20 mpg. I had a Suburban for 2000 miles in thr last week and got the same highway mileage and that's significantly larger than the MKC.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I had an MKC this week. Steer a way from it. Very basic and felt like an Escape inside (more poor badge engineering by FoMoCo). With all highway miles and the cruise set 73-75mph, the ecoboost engine only got 20 mpg. I had a Suburban for 2000 miles in thr last week and got the same highway mileage and that's significantly larger than the MKC.
Something must be wrong. I've gotten upper 20s with Escapes easily. MKC shouldn't be any different.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mittencuh
Something must be wrong. I've gotten upper 20s with Escapes easily. MKC shouldn't be any different.
Per FuelEconomy.gov, the AWD/ecoboost MKC fuel data is 19 city, 26 highway, 22 combined. I got far worse than that with the cruise set 80% of the time on the highway (total trip was ~400 miles, with ~5 of it off of the highway).

So yeah, something could have been off. But a vehicle that size should have much better fuel economy, especially with their "ecoboost" engine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.