Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
Hi guys I am trying to get an H class class out of LAX, I noticed a corporate code mentioned a few posts up gave me a good 80 bucks or so off the total, but that is if I listed myself as a US resident. If I use most of the codes off here and listed myself as a resident of another country, I always get the same rate. I was wondering if you guys have any experience booking and listing as a US resident and applying the rate and when you arrive you produce a non US passport and driver's license?

THANKS !
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by jdaniel
Hi guys I am trying to get an H class class out of LAX, I noticed a corporate code mentioned a few posts up gave me a good 80 bucks or so off the total, but that is if I listed myself as a US resident. If I use most of the codes off here and listed myself as a resident of another country, I always get the same rate. I was wondering if you guys have any experience booking and listing as a US resident and applying the rate and when you arrive you produce a non US passport and driver's license?

THANKS !
Doing anything like that is a potential minefield! If you list yourself as a US resident, and they do not ask you for your driver's license at the counter, and then you get involved in a traffic accident, the insurance might be void, due to you renting the vehicle based on fraudulent information, which is a criminal offense! The best thing for you to do is try to get a US driver's license, with a US address.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Doing anything like that is a potential minefield! If you list yourself as a US resident, and they do not ask you for your driver's license at the counter, and then you get involved in a traffic accident, the insurance might be void, due to you renting the vehicle based on fraudulent information, which is a criminal offense! The best thing for you to do is try to get a US driver's license, with a US address.
I was not talking about that. Most definitely when you go in to the location they will ask you for ID and whatever else and record all that info. My question is for people who have experience with foreign ID.. and these rates. You can book any rate online but when you go into the location they enter your info etc. I was about leaving the US resident box checked as default and just entering the code without changing my country of residence.
And why would I bother getting a US driver's license and etc just to get a good rate at a car rental place.. sigh.. but thanks for your response..
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by jdaniel
I was not talking about that. Most definitely when you go in to the location they will ask you for ID and whatever else and record all that info. My question is for people who have experience with foreign ID.. and these rates. You can book any rate online but when you go into the location they enter you info etc. I was about leaving the US resident box checked as default and just entering the code without changing my country of residence.
And why would I bother getting a US driver's license and etc just to get a good rate at a car rental place.. sigh.. but thanks for your response..
That all depends on how often you rent cars in the US, from your OP, it seemed like that might be fairly often.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I need code for rental in Dublin, Ireland. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:01 am

is A126900 a safe code?

what organization is that code attached to?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by beadedgoblets
what organization is that code attached to?
A simple search of this thread using the keyword "A126900" will yield this posting with your answer, Lockheed Martin Corporate.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:03 am

thanks....A515100 / K851000 / A108386

A simple search of this thread using the keyword "A126900" will yield this posting with your answer, Lockheed Martin Corporate.
i did a search and did come up with that post, but i was wondering if this is considered a "safe" code.

i would like to ask the same question about these codes which are showing me good results:

A515100
K851000
A108386
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:27 am

That all depends on how often you rent cars in the US, from your OP, it seemed like that might be fairly often.
Well not for a few years now. So it would not be too often.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
One Way Rentals

Here's a code for 1 way rentals - S199400

Supposedly good for 15% off.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:46 am

any codes i could use for upcoming rental in Melbourne Australia?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by docr775
Has anybody tried to book via the Capital One Rewards portal (powered by Travelocity)?

I am looking for an itermediate vehicle for next week:

- Using my corporate discount number the rental comes out at $226;
- USAA brings it down to $224;
- Avis.com lists the reservation, without coupons at $254; same with Travelocity;

CapitalOne Rewards has the same rental for $107.
That was a great tip for me. I would have never tried looking there and that saved me plenty on a rental.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
how

how does one use the Capital One rewards booking site, members only?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
A126900 is the lockheed martin rate and has worked for me. Unfortunately, you do not earn airline points for it.

This sucks as I could be earning an additional 1,700 FF points. I have an all-inclusive rate and if I were to use a different code, I'd be paying $65 extra per week to get those miles.

Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nmenaker
how does one use the Capital One rewards booking site, members only?
Yes, but YMMV for the rates - depending on location/date, they could be far higher than other code options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.