Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
That Bombardier code is insane. Too bad every location in Toronto asks for ID if you use it.

A 6 month rental with Bombardier is cheaper than my company's generous code by $1000.

30 day rental with Bombardier Code: $692 for Intermediate or $713 for Full Size
30 day rental with company code: $899 for Intermediate or $922 for Full Size.

Unreal.

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Resurrecting this precisely because it is so useful. I am eligible for Costco and USAA discounts at Avis, but it turns out that the Bombardier AWD posted here gives me a price that is literally 45% of the Costco discounted price, even without the coupon code (no longer valid) that tcitjh posted.

Since I am renting for three weeks, it is very tempting to try my luck. Am picking up from a downtown location, not airport, if that makes any difference.

Any recent experience using this code? Other advice? Thanks!
Nobody is going to let you use the Bombardier code without showing employee ID.

Tried it.

Last edited by manohman; Jul 25, 2018 at 3:17 am
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:52 pm

Are all of these codes Bombardier, Delloyd codes or Aerospace? I need good codes for rental at RSW,Ft. Myers, Fl. Airport - Dec'18 that doesn't require ID at counter for Full-sized car.
A972200
A442100
G417900
B449700

Last edited by redren; Jul 28, 2018 at 3:19 pm Reason: incomplete
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I found this interesting anomaly so I thought I would pass it on. I am renting a car at SFO for 4 days and used Costco travel to search for prices. Since I was doing a quick price check I put in the days of travel but used the default of noon for the pickup and dropoff times. The result was that Avis was the lowest price with about $220 for a fullsize car. So I was going to book it and since my flight arrives at 12:30 pm I changed the pickup and dropoff times to 1 pm. Much to my surprise the price jumped to $350 for Avis and they were not even close to the lowest price on Costco travel. Initially I thought I had just entered something wrong the first time so I went back and changed the time back to noon with the same days. Viola the price dropped back to about $220. So being an engineer I decided to try 12:30 pm with the result of $220 again. So how about 2 pm, back to $350.
So I don't know how to explain this but it seems odd that a half hour pickup/dropoff time change would result in $130 increase in rental price.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:53 pm

What if I book using the Bombardier or Delloite codes and have Avis preffered and directly go to the car?
The payment gets taken from my card at the end.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Any AWDs recently used for rentals in South Africa?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:45 am

Interesting Idea!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:46 am

Going to check that out...thanks but i still need good codes
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by scottinaz
I found this interesting anomaly so I thought I would pass it on. I am renting a car at SFO for 4 days and used Costco travel to search for prices. Since I was doing a quick price check I put in the days of travel but used the default of noon for the pickup and dropoff times. The result was that Avis was the lowest price with about $220 for a fullsize car. So I was going to book it and since my flight arrives at 12:30 pm I changed the pickup and dropoff times to 1 pm. Much to my surprise the price jumped to $350 for Avis and they were not even close to the lowest price on Costco travel. Initially I thought I had just entered something wrong the first time so I went back and changed the time back to noon with the same days. Viola the price dropped back to about $220. So being an engineer I decided to try 12:30 pm with the result of $220 again. So how about 2 pm, back to $350.
So I don't know how to explain this but it seems odd that a half hour pickup/dropoff time change would result in $130 increase in rental price.
I sometimes see this around certain days of the week. Like booking at 12:30 on a Thursday often gets one in to a weekend rate, vs. a weekday pricing. Or, if I return a car by 12:00 on Tuesday, same thing can apply, weekend pricing vs. weekday. Assuming one had a car over a Saturday night. There's no real way to tell how to game the system better other than trial and error (would be a nice little program to run by the way if one could get enough pricing detail.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Not sure if this has been posted recently

D008400

Amazon Employees Leisure Travel. I was an Amazon employee when I used it and had an Amazon email tagged to it but I was never ever ever asked for ID for it.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:04 pm

The code does work but its $150 less than my original quote...I'm nervous though! I was thinking of making two reservations ....just in case?

Last edited by redren; Aug 7, 2018 at 7:25 pm
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:41 pm

IAHtraveler...do you remember which codes at the airport do you remember were no good without ID? Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
One thing I've thought of:

Many companies do not print the company name on employee badges/ID's. Amazon for one did not because it was a safety thing that if you lost it and then someone picks it up they could access a building.

My logic is, what would be the case if I should up to AVIS with the Bombardier code and show a random ID with my picture and name that doesn't have a company name? What they gonna do? Ask for a letter?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors, SPG Gold, PC, Avis
Hello,
I scrolled through the last couple years of posts, figure anything prior to that will be obsolete but still wrote down a few to try just in case from the sticky. I have a quick stop over this weekend in YYZ and though I have some useful AWDs sometimes there's a good weekend coupon to combo with and that's what is harder to find! Is there any useful coupon codes that someone has on hand? MUGA/MUWA/TUWA etc that I could try here.
Much appreciated
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Redwood839
Not sure if this has been posted recently

D008400

Amazon Employees Leisure Travel. I was an Amazon employee when I used it and had an Amazon email tagged to it but I was never ever ever asked for ID for it.
I just got quoted for Honolulu with this AWD and got a huge discount (40% off) - my question is, i'm a UK resident - would there be an issue do you guys think? Or do they not really care?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by swede1234
I just got quoted for Honolulu with this AWD and got a huge discount (40% off) - my question is, i'm a UK resident - would there be an issue do you guys think? Or do they not really care?
Personally I was never asked for it, but I did have an Amazon work email tagged to it. No one ever seem bothered by it.

Do note, I believe it MIGHT include CDW. If it does, do NOT accept it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.