Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yoni19
anyone???
Avis AWD A271500 is a corporate rate, although Avis doesn't show who AWDs are offered to. As a corporate rate you may be asked for ID when showing up at the counter. Personally, I wouldn't use a corporate rate without being eligible, especially if it offers insurance or other perks not available for leisure rates. Further it is possible if there is an accident and you used an ineligible rate, your insurance may not be valid.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
The Visa Infinite page only offers a pulldown option for US & Canadian residents. The World Elite MC offer also shows as only avail for US residents. There may be other EMEA offers out there however...
It's this one https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35823228-post5057.html
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lackoftoast
Ha! Forgot I posted that. Yup. President's Club eligible for eligible cardholders in Europe, including Turkey & CIS. Since I'm US based never tried the link. But since it's there on Avis website https://secure-one.avisworld.com/en_.../AvisPreferred, it surely works. I'd contact Avis if you're eligible but having trouble enrolling
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:21 pm

I noticed today that avis added a zero either at end or in middle of every AWD. When you put it into app, it auto-populates the new code.

Coincidentally, I got ID’d today trying to use a corporate code in my local Avis. Rented from this location on this code many times in the past. Ended up renting on USAA instead (+$90 a week.)

Anyone have any more information on these changes? It seems to have happened today as when I rented last night, I had no issues. Made the reservation @ 1 AM and don’t recall seeing the extra zero. Made a reservation this morning and saw the extra zero pop up, and then was asked for ID.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:12 pm

Anyone travel to Italy recently? Any good discount codes? E888804 gets me the best price but unsure of ID checks out there.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yubrac
Anyone travel to Italy recently? Any good discount codes? E888804 gets me the best price but unsure of ID checks out there.
If you try searching, you'll see it is associated with Lufthansa frequent flyer program.
Yubrac likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
If you try searching, you'll see it is associated with Lufthansa frequent flyer program.
It is an AWD for Lufthansa HON Circle members, an exclusive tier level above Senator level with approximately 3,000 members. https://production.rent-at-avis.com/...ners,lufthansa
Yubrac likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
You're going to print where you forwarded your Gmail to a spoof email address at the company associated with the AWD? Not sure that would pass any test if they ask for ID. I'd expect they want you to open your phone/computer and show them where you are receiving emails under the company address. However, even if you get the vehicle off of the lot, there's no guarantee that you're "safe". As noted above, if you get into any accident, they could find that you fraudulently received the car and any insurance (with Avis or through 3rd parties) could be null and void, and you're on the hook for all damages.

I Have BCBS Texas and registered for the blue365deals (thanks for the heads up!). However, I cannot find anything Avis/Budget or even travel. Can you share where you found this on the site?
I've seen a few posts like yours that mention things like "fraudulently received the car" and I have no idea what you and others are talking about. Not trying to be argumentative but understand where I may be lacking in my own knowledge and/or judgement. I see discount codes posted all over the internet; AWD and otherwise. Sometimes AWD codes are posted alongside a company name, sometimes not. Avis allows me to enter these codes on their Web site and provides no information in terms of eligibility criteria or other terms and conditions of its use. A "Costo" code could be for a Costco member, a Costco employee, a Costco supplier, or someone who has ever driven by a Costco. Personally, I have no way of knowing and Avis provides no information to help me know who is "allowed" to use this code.

So, what "fraud" is being committed if I rent a car with some AWD code and provide all of my correct/legal personal and payment information during the rental process? If Avis requires some "proof" of something needed to obtain a discount, then is it not totally incumbent on Avis to obtain that before driving off the lot? For all I know, AWD stands for Avis Welcomes Discounts. Has there ever been a legal proceeding (court case or arbitration) in which someone lost a judgement of some sort on the basis that they used a "fraudulent" AWD code? It just seems extremely far-fetched to me.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by stevelion
I've seen a few posts like yours that mention things like "fraudulently received the car" and I have no idea what you and others are talking about. Not trying to be argumentative but understand where I may be lacking in my own knowledge and/or judgement. I see discount codes posted all over the internet; AWD and otherwise. Sometimes AWD codes are posted alongside a company name, sometimes not. Avis allows me to enter these codes on their Web site and provides no information in terms of eligibility criteria or other terms and conditions of its use. A "Costo" code could be for a Costco member, a Costco employee, a Costco supplier, or someone who has ever driven by a Costco. Personally, I have no way of knowing and Avis provides no information to help me know who is "allowed" to use this code.

So, what "fraud" is being committed if I rent a car with some AWD code and provide all of my correct/legal personal and payment information during the rental process? If Avis requires some "proof" of something needed to obtain a discount, then is it not totally incumbent on Avis to obtain that before driving off the lot? For all I know, AWD stands for Avis Welcomes Discounts. Has there ever been a legal proceeding (court case or arbitration) in which someone lost a judgement of some sort on the basis that they used a "fraudulent" AWD code? It just seems extremely far-fetched to me.
I am not going to debate what constitutes as fraud — I will leave that to the FlyerTalk members who are lawyers — but in the rare and unlikely event that you are caught using a discount code for which you are not eligible, at least one of two things could happen:
  • An employee of Avis could void your reservation and charge you the full rate for the rental vehicle instead of the discounted rate
  • If you are involved in an accident, you could pay full price for any damages to the rental vehicle — especially if you are not eligible to use the insurance coverage that may be included in the discount rate
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:41 pm

I tend to agree with you so long as you're using a leisure rate without included insurance, although be aware that more recently car rental companies are cracking down on unwarranted usage of discount codes. While not Avis, I was in a Hertz last week and watched as the counter rep asked the person next to me for their business ID. Interestingly the lady that was helping me did not ask for my ID. The other person had his, but if he didn't - he would've been moved up to rack rate. But I'd suggest that once you pass the pick-up point, you're likely good, even in an accident, assuming the rate does not include any insurance. if it does - they are likely to ask for proof you are allowed to use said insurance. But if it's a leisure rate that solely lowers the price paid and they didn't question you at pick up - I'd find it a very small chance they'd be asking you about it at a future point. Of course, they can - and they could ask at return although I've never had this happen to me in decades of renting. At pick up - yes. You can play the car rental roulette game, and you're likely to win more than not. Of course with roulette there is always that chance...

Personally I only play with codes I am eligible for. But it would be quite easy for the car rental companies to stop all unwarranted usage, so it's understandable that some think it's worth a try,

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Feb 18, 2024 at 11:54 pm
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:14 am

It can be used a basis to void insurance coverage if they can provide any plausible proof that you knew you weren't supposed to use the discount.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:00 am

Thanks to Canarsie, TravelinSperry, and esaphire to take the time to respond. My thought is that Avis has the information and technology to control the use of coupon and discount codes and have chosen to nothing to prevent, inform, or otherwise discourage use that they believe is inconsistent with THEIR terms and conditions. They could do something as simple as displaying a message indicating the intended usage and any terms or conditions of usage. For example, displaying a message "This code is intended for employee of xxxx " or "...intended for Costco shoppers..." or whatever. Again, Avis possesses the information associated with THIER contracts while we, the renting public, do not have such information. Avis could also quite easily require the use of an email where the domain matches the domain of the company under contract with Avis; this is an extremely common practice used on to limit corporate discount programs. These are just simple examples; but again, Avis chooses to do nothing and, if they don't care enough about who uses these discounts to employ the most basic of checks, I can assure that I care far less and so should the renting public. I see this as no different than the myriad coupon codes available on the internet. Did I "fraudulently" buy those shoes for my wife when I pulled a Zappos coupon code from Retailmenot? I assume not since the first code I tried to use stated "shopping cart not eligible" while the second coupon code worked. Clearly, Zappos has the technology to determine what constitutes eligibility of my $50 shoe purchase and Avis could easily do the same, but for some reason, has chosen not to so.

To Canarsie's points, I agree with both. If denied a discount, I would step aside, evaluate my options, and chose the next best available rate from any car rental company available at that location. This has never happened to me in two+ decades for renting cars from Avis and others. Regarding insurance, my personal auto and liability insurance policy apply (and I always make sure when traveling outside my home country of the U.S.) and I always used a credit card offering secondary coverage so I'm not concerned.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Just don't count on having LDW coverage (if you opt to purchase/included in rate) if you are not eligible for the code. Rental agreement indicates
Even if you buy the damage waiver, you and any authorized driver will remain liable for damage if any of the following apply

(7) Damage or loss incurred after the private passenger automobile was rented or an authorized driver was approved as a result of fraudulent information provided to the rental company;
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi,

I've been looking around at the codes, most seem to be for the US from what I can see.

I am looking for a car hire in Lanzarote in a few weeks, the "safest" one I seem to have seen on here is the Hilton Honours code K851000, however, when I google it, it seems it could be a really old thing as Hilton now seem to be partnered with Enterprise, Alamo and National

https://www.hilton.com/en/offers/car...gleLink,i87077

Has anyone used the HH code recently? Specifically in Europe or indeed, does anyone recommend a different one?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by DIM
Double checked for you, you good, Midlander. As it is small business discount, you don't have to be American.
Dim.
DIM,

Is there a way you could send me an email about this ? Just saying I can use it? I have a place here in CT US that is brutal about codes.
Thanks
Kevin
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.