Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wotan2525
Anyone have any tips for a 1-way EU rental? I'm looking at picking up in Nice, FR and dropping off in Venice, IT. I can find very good rental rates but the 1-way fee is 1000eu. It's only a 2-day rental so that's a tough pill to swallow!
It's the France to Italy thing that kills the rate.
Try Avis San Remo (just over the border) to Venice and you'll save 850 euros.
Then take a taxi/train from Nice to pick up your car in San Remo.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cajunguy
Avis just gave me a AWD code for 30%off A398500. Anyone have a better than 30% off?
That code is from mousesavers (a Disney forum) and it say's "Save up to 30% on rentals. That could be as little as 5% off.
AWD codes are not a fixed flat percentage off. They vary by the locations that the corporate customer negotiated. I'm sure that you will find that the code you mentioned is nowhere near 30% off when used by business travelers when traveling in non-Disney areas.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:06 am

Looking for a one-way code

traveling from Moline, Illinois, to Columbia, Missouri. All the codes I have do not allow free miles. Does anyone know of a decent code or rate with free miles (it's a one-day rental).
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by beadedgoblets
traveling from Moline, Illinois, to Columbia, Missouri. All the codes I have do not allow free miles. Does anyone know of a decent code or rate with free miles (it's a one-day rental).
Check out this site - Frequent Flyer Bonuses
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy
Check out this site - Frequent Flyer Bonuses
I'm new to this and may be missing something, but that link shows me "bonus points" but not necessarily a code that will bring down the rate or get me into unlimited miles????
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:50 am

Better weekly rate ? LAX

Taking a road trip departing LAX in February and will have car from Monday to Saturday. Cheapest is $228 total.

Anyone have any weekly coupons that would help?

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Originally Posted by jmw2323
Have used that one many times. Never had an issue.
Never had any probs with this one at PBI, FLL, and MCO, however i'm preferred so never have to give an avis employee an opportunity to review my res and make changes/decline.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:52 am

Code E027237 - italy

Hello ,

I just tried the code E027237 for one way , one week rental in italy . The price went down crazy dramatically .

Has someone an idea of what's behind it ? I'm a bit afraid of using it lol.

Thanks for the help
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:46 am

Avis in PLS (Turks & Caicos)

Trying to find a code to work on a weeklong car rental in Turks & Caicos this April (PLS airport). None seem to apply (well I don't get an error message but price never decreases). Anyone? thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:35 am

Full Size SUV

Anyone have good rates for Full Size SUVs?

Pick Up Date: 2/21/15 @ 4 pm
Drop Off Date: 2/25/15 @ 9 am
Pick Up Location: DEN
Drop Off Location: DEN
Car Class Rented: Full size SUV
AWD: ?????
Coupon: ?????
Rate Code: ????
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I am trying to find a good rate for a FS vehicle @ HNL, pickup midday on 11 Aug and return at 10am on 14 Aug. The best that I can do so far is $120 all in.

All assistance is appreciated.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:05 am

Juneau, Alaska

This is my first post, so hopefully, I am following the rules. I have read through pages of posts looking for an Avis discount code for Juneau, Goldbel Hotel location. It is near the cruiseport, which is probably why they do not honor any discounts that I have found. Has anyone had any luck with codes here? Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:25 am

I know it gets mentioned many times in this forum to not just book a rental and forget it but to periodically check and rebook as rates tend to get lower closer to the time of pick up. I always do this, usually about a week or two before my rental, and I've really gotten to see this demonstrated over the past week.
I booked a rental car, pick up at IAH, for 3/6/15-3/8/15 (3 days total + free day coupon). I booked a Standard car on 2/25/15 for $24/day ($90 total & same price as intermediate). On the 26th, i checked rates again--intermediate, standard, and full size were all $23/day, so i bumped myself up to a full size and rebooked at the lower price. On the 27th, down another $1/day. 28th, 1st, and now 2nd--all the same story. I'm now down to $19/day ($77 total). Also interesting, Hertz has been matching them every single day. I'm not sure whose rates are driving the others, but it's kind of interesting to see it happen. I'm hoping it continues all the way up to Friday when i pick up the car!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:19 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by itskeb
This is my first post, so hopefully, I am following the rules. I have read through pages of posts looking for an Avis discount code for Juneau, Goldbel Hotel location. It is near the cruiseport, which is probably why they do not honor any discounts that I have found. Has anyone had any luck with codes here? Thanks for your help.
Avis Alaska is very stingy with discount codes across their entire footprint. (It's one franchise for the whole state.) They seem to have blocked most affiliation discount codes and even many corporate discount codes.

Trust me, we have north of 100 discount codes for Avis on file and even with our automated system checking them all more often than not come up empty when searching locations in Alaska. It's not just the Goldbelt Hotel location, it's all of them, especially outside Anchorage and Fairbanks--Kodiak, Sitka, Skagway, etc., where competition is less of a factor.

If you (hint, hint) work for a large corporation that has a negotiated discount with Avis for its employees, those may work and take a small discount off, but rarely do legitimate affiliation discounts (not to mention promotional coupons) work in smaller towns in Alaska.

Originally Posted by zhutch
I know it gets mentioned many times in this forum to not just book a rental and forget it but to periodically check and rebook as rates tend to get lower closer to the time of pick up. I always do this, usually about a week or two before my rental, and I've really gotten to see this demonstrated over the past week.
Definitely--heck, that's what our system does every day!

But in the rural Alaska locations mentioned by itskeb, we've noticed rates are pretty stable. We've booked cars in Kodiak, Sitka, Skagway, Kenai, etc. and really, rates don't change. Perhaps because competition is so nonexistent, they just set their rates and don't bother to do anything with them until they sell out.

But absolutely outside of Alaska, rates change all the time, sometimes as often as hourly, so it pays to pay attention to your reservation.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:44 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Does anyone have anything that would help in BOS, have a wedding in May and compacts are showing up as 300USD for a Thursday-Sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.