Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by bfpri
Booked a flight on turkish airlines..got a confirmation email and everything. However, ANA and United shows no availability for that route while Life Miles continues to show availability? Should I be concerned?
No. I've also booked TK flights that didn't show anywhere else, and they were confirmed and ticketed (called TK to select seats too.)

I've also booked a pair of AC J seats that didn't even show on Aeroplan, and they came through confirmed and ticketed too.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
No. I've also booked TK flights that didn't show anywhere else, and they were confirmed and ticketed (called TK to select seats too.)

I've also booked a pair of AC J seats that didn't even show on Aeroplan, and they came through confirmed and ticketed too.
thanks, very strange but if its valid then thats all that matters.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why would you? If it's been ticketed there's nothing to worry about.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
More problems

My joyful experience today:

I made an award redemption today. When I went to pay for it, it said the transaction could not be processed, however it still debited the miles from my account anyway, I have not received the confirmation email either

The itinerary was on Thai Airways

I do not have any reservation number as it told me it did not process. I have sent an email to them but of course cannot make the booking again as the miles are now gone. And because I have no reference number cannot ring Thai airways about it either!!

Any similar experiences, and results or advice?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by frankpark9
you cant book BR flights from tpe-lax and a few other places. its a glitch in their system. if you cant get though paying taxes, the seats prob don't exist
I got that part. Another poster mentioned that it was possible and not phantom availability so I just commented on his post and stated that I could not confirm the same and that I still thought it to be 'a false positive' availability wise so to say.

Now BR seems not even to come up any longer for LAX or JFK routes while a few weeks ago it would show for almost every day of the week.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by wtcmor
My joyful experience today:

I made an award redemption today. When I went to pay for it, it said the transaction could not be processed, however it still debited the miles from my account anyway, I have not received the confirmation email either

The itinerary was on Thai Airways

I do not have any reservation number as it told me it did not process. I have sent an email to them but of course cannot make the booking again as the miles are now gone. And because I have no reference number cannot ring Thai airways about it either!!

Any similar experiences, and results or advice?
Call Thai Airways, they will be able to find the reservation by you giving them your last name, date of departure and flight number. They can give you the PNR which you can then contact Lifemiles with to confirm ticketing of the reservation.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by tng11

I see occasional TK F awards. But they aren't bookable as TK doesn't offer F (anymore). Must be a glitch.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
I see occasional TK F awards. But they aren't bookable as TK doesn't offer F (anymore). Must be a glitch.
LM website shows TK O as first class award space, but in reality it is premium economy revenue space.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
Question ANA award booking process with LM

Hi,
I just snapped a HND-FRA first class award, which opened 3 days before departure.
For the record, only one seat (out of eight) was booked in the F cabin so far, so i was just waiting to see if ANA would release one award seat or not..
They did release one single award (that appeared on the same time on both United and ANA website)
Luckily enough, the booking process on the LM website went fine, incl payment.
When calling ANA on the phone, after a lengthy discussion,(Where did you book your ticket ? Avianca ???), they just finally found my booking (that's the good news) but told me it was not yet confirmed/ticketed yet..

So I got two quick questions :
  • Anyone having experience with how much time it takes LM to ticket an ANA award ? 12 hours, a full day ? more ?
  • After the booking process, in the confirmation email, I just got the Avianca 6 digit reservation number, but no e-ticket number. Do you ever get a second email with an e-ticket number (or an ANA record locator) when ever the booking will get ticketed ??

Thank you for the feedback

PS : btw, I can confirm I could not book any of the LH F award seats that were showing on UA or ANA website....
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Your problems are described in the following thread:

FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
NH Award ticketed - took 39 hours

Hi,
thank you for the link - Here a quick feedback/summary on that NH award booking process
  • For reminder, I got no issue with the award booking process on the web as i made sure i was using a Credit card which already worked smoothly during a previous mile purchase
  • On Checkmytrip, using the LM 6 digit record locator, I found the 6 digit ANA reference, the booking was showing as "confirmed", but there was no mention of any e-ticket number
  • When double checking through "My booking" on the ANA website, the booking was indeed confirmed but not ticketed - This could been seen clearly as next to the booking reference, it was indicated "Purchase by July31, 23:59, JST"
  • I never called Avianca - just waited - It took 39 hours to have the booking ticketed, just 13 hours prior to the booking validity limit - A 202-xxx e-ticket number appeared on the CMT website while the mention "Purchase by" disappeared from the ANA website
  • During the whole process, i only received one confirmation email from LM with the initial 6 digit LM record locator

So i guess this well summarize a "normal" process for NH awards.. I hope this might help others in their booking attemps.. Now - time to enjoy the ANA first square seat

Eddy
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
The page with taxes fails to load "due to error".

Hi, I've been trying to book a trip
C3->C6 (no trick involved, just a regular trip with TG)

I find the availability and when I click to continue to the page showing taxes and ticket fee etc, I'm met by an error page instead, has anyone managed to get that booked, by calling LM or something else?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jumbooze
Hi, I've been trying to book a trip
C3->C6 (no trick involved, just a regular trip with TG)

I find the availability and when I click to continue to the page showing taxes and ticket fee etc, I'm met by an error page instead, has anyone managed to get that booked, by calling LM or something else?
i've been trying to book a lhr-del trip for over 2 days now....i just keep getting that error the moment i get to the taxes & ticket fee page....
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:24 am

anyone else having log in problems?

I tried accounts for myself and others here and it says they have been blocked due to wrong password attempts. Anyone else experiencing troubles loggin in?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Pacha
anyone else having log in problems?

I tried accounts for myself and others here and it says they have been blocked due to wrong password attempts. Anyone else experiencing troubles loggin in?
I've had this back in May which was very frustrating, I had to send them a scanned passport copy before they would reset the account...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.