Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Europe to Sydney in F on TG, blocked?

Some kind of StarNet blocking going on, or maybe just another bug.

Working last week, gone today. F awards on Thai between Europe and Sydney seem to be blacked out - well, all the major routes like LHR, CDG and FRA to SYD. These are available Star Alliance awards visible even on UA who are notorious for blocking award seats.

Example, CDG-SYD on 25 Mar. Just a 75 min connection, maybe LM invented a new 90 min MCT at BKK ?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by harryhv
Some kind of StarNet blocking going on, or maybe just another bug.

Working last week, gone today. F awards on Thai between Europe and Sydney seem to be blacked out - well, all the major routes like LHR, CDG and FRA to SYD. These are available Star Alliance awards visible even on UA who are notorious for blocking award seats.

Example, CDG-SYD on 25 Mar. Just a 75 min connection, maybe LM invented a new 90 min MCT at BKK ?
No connections at BKK are working on TG, regardless of class, layover time etc. This has been the case since Friday.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:56 am

Munich-Sydney is still working including F
Rome and Zurich-Sydney working in biz and Y

Most other BKK connections are broken. No joy booking thru award seats on TG to SYD from LHR, FRA, AMS, MXP or CDG in any class.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Those who have a problem booking a straightforward ticket, please notify Lifemiles. I've found their social media people to be helpful: https://www.facebook.com/LifeMiles
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: TK Elite
Munich-Sydney is still working including F
Rome and Zurich-Sydney working in biz and Y

Most other BKK connections are broken. No joy booking thru award seats on TG to SYD from LHR, FRA, AMS, MXP or CDG in any class.
Any of these on SQ or are we just talking AI, CA and TG?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
... came back that I and to call them so tried to call their USA and canada number and it saying call cannot be completed anyone else having probs?? ...
I had the pleasure of this yesterday and this morning. Eventually solved by using Skype. (Not sure why that is better than calling direct - and it's a risk with my bandwidth - but at least it worked.)

However, after painstakingly giving all the information of the booking I got told to call back in 5 hours as the payment system won't be up until then. This airline's systems are seriously defective!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:28 pm

So I duly called back and after the same detailed interrogation about pnr, pax, route, date I was put on hold for 5 minutes. On her return the agent informed me that it was not possible to take my payment at this stage but someone will call me "within 24 to 48 hours - but probably today" to do the necessary.

I wait with bated breath. Especially as I am in a time zone 8 hours away from where I believe the call centres to be. As an eternal optimist I will sleep with my credit cards and flight details at hand.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
So I duly called back and after the same detailed interrogation about pnr, pax, route, date I was put on hold for 5 minutes. On her return the agent informed me that it was not possible to take my payment at this stage but someone will call me "within 24 to 48 hours - but probably today" to do the necessary.

I wait with bated breath. Especially as I am in a time zone 8 hours away from where I believe the call centres to be. As an eternal optimist I will sleep with my credit cards and flight details at hand.
Optimist

During various bookings and (especially) cancellations, I think they told me "someone will call you back" about 4-5 times. Guess how many times someone actually did
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by zagy
Optimist

During various bookings and (especially) cancellations, I think they told me "someone will call you back" about 4-5 times. Guess how many times someone actually did
Actually I was lying about the optimism. Just whistling in the dark, so to speak. So I caved and called them again today. Spent close to half an hour on the call - mostly on hold - only to be told... someone will call you back!!

To my intense surprise I got the call about half an hour later!! :-:

Payment all sorted after a tortuous call where my details were collected in English and then relayed in Spanish to the agent who processes payments. Their processes are truly Byzantine.

Ticketing promised within 2 hours. Cautiously optimistic now.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:33 pm

And lo! it came to pass: the booking has been ticketed! Hallelujah!! (OK, it may have taken a little longer than 2 hours - but I'm calling this a win.) ^

Now to screw up my courage for a marathon call tomorrow to cancel my other booking. Stay optimistic, stay optimistic...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
And lo! it came to pass: the booking has been ticketed! Hallelujah!! (OK, it may have taken a little longer than 2 hours - but I'm calling this a win.) ^

Now to screw up my courage for a marathon call tomorrow to cancel my other booking. Stay optimistic, stay optimistic...
Good times, Cheetah_SA!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:52 pm

Oddly C class is back on FRA-SYD but not the F awards. Caved in and booked TG MUC-SYD F instead, that's still working fine.

Reckon travelling FRA-MUC is much easier than calling Avianca!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:43 pm

Oddly C class is back on FRA-SYD but not the F awards.
F from FRA is available pretty much daily if you're willing to fly CA.

F,115000,2015-01-14,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-15,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-16,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-17,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-18,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-19,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-21,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-22,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-23,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-24,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-25,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-26,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-27,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-28,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
F,115000,2015-01-29,FRA-CA932-PEK-CA173-SYD
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:03 am

LM Phone System

Does anyone have any advice on how, where, or when to call the Lifemiles people? I live in Asia and need to cancel a LM booking. I have been calling the U.S., Canadian, and UK number daily for a week, and every time except once, the automated phone system cuts off before I ever get to speak to an agent. Once I got to the point where I got an agent and she was going to let me enter credit card info, but then the phone cut off, as it did every time I tried again that day. This is getting ridiculous...

Last edited by wolfman888; Jan 14, 2015 at 4:14 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by wolfman888
Does anyone have any advice on how, where, or when to call the Lifemiles people? I live in Asia and need to cancel a LM booking. I have been calling the U.S., Canadian, and UK number daily for a week, and every time except once, the automated phone system cuts off before I ever get to speak to an agent. Once I got to the point where I got an agent and she was going to let me enter credit card info, but then the phone cut off, as it did every time I tried again that day. This is getting ridiculous...
I usually called the US 1-800 numbers via SkypeOut (so that the call is free).

Quite a few of my calls got cut-off as well but not so many as you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.