Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Another data point for NH...booked Aug. 9 and everything seemed to go through fine (payment and PNR created on CMT) but not ticketed over the weekend. Was not ticketed on NH website and given a purchase deadline of today 23:59.

Decided to send them an email about 12 hours before the deadline. Received ticketing confirmation a few hours ago along with an email stating that it has been ticketed. Not sure if sending the email prompted some intervention that led to it being ticketed.

TLDR; took just under 80 hours to ticket; 8 hours prior to purchasing deadline.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone managed to book a ticket on ai using lifemiles????

i see a lot of availability on many different routes but when i try to book it gives me the following error:

Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.
i called them to book but they say there are no seats available & that is the reason for the error....i find it hard to believe that every ai flight has no availability even through they are showing availability on lifemiles.com....
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone managed to book a ticket on ai using lifemiles????

i see a lot of availability on many different routes but when i try to book it gives me the following error:

i called them to book but they say there are no seats available & that is the reason for the error....i find it hard to believe that every ai flight has no availability even through they are showing availability on lifemiles.com....
I am having the same problem on all flights - I think their website is up the creek and they have still not responded on the [email protected] address even after 3 days!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:09 am

I am also getting the same error message for two days running now.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jonathanev
I am having the same problem on all flights - I think their website is up the creek and they have still not responded on the [email protected] address even after 3 days!
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I am also getting the same error message for two days running now.
i had a pretty good experience with them last week....when i couldn't complete the transaction on the website, i wrote to them with a screenshot of the error message....they replied the same day asking me to send them the details of the flight i wanted to book....i did that & the next day they booked the flights for me & said that someone would call me within the next 24 hours to make the payment....i got a call the following day, made the payment over the phone & received a copy of my ticket immediately after....

it would have been a lot easier if their website worked but i'm happy with the way they handled the booking....

the one thing that bothered me is that when i first called to report the problem i was told that there is no availability even though i could see it online....i didn't believe the phone agent as i was getting the same error with every air india flight....so i just sent in the email & magically availability appeared....
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:06 am

When trying to book AI with lifemiles, some sectors are showing the message, 'The itinerary you are searching for is not available at this moment. If you chose a specific airline for your search, please try with another one or don’t select any to broaden your flight options.
While some sectors pull up, they are not bookable. We keep getting error message for them.was anyone able to book AI sectors online?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:57 am

I have a quick question what the forum thinks

booked 2 people on a woodcutter flight, and managed to slip in a spelling mistake (one letter to much in the middle of the last name).

usually I would call and have them amend the booking but not sure due to the nature.

it involves the land of the free so I wonder if it could pose a problem. multiple airlines (not AV) so calling one of the operating carriers probably won't help?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:27 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Has anyone been able to find any TATL J availability to southern Europe for the end of September?

I found wide availability on LO about 15 minutes ago but when I refreshed they were gone (all of them), and I have a hard time believing they've all been booked. Deleting temporary internet files/cookies have not worked. Thoughts?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:42 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Made two redemption on their website. Both are for three passengers.

For both cases, only miles for one passenger were deducted, and ticket still not issued after 40 hours (over the weekend though).

I can see both reservation on checkmytrip.com, and transactions on my credit card were successful. Shall I worry?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by kkg

For both cases, only miles for one passenger were deducted, and ticket still not issued after 40 hours (over the weekend though).

I can see both reservation on checkmytrip.com, and transactions on my credit card were successful. Shall I worry?
Always worry with them, send them an email, that is the best way to get a response IME
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kkg

No. Give it a couple of business days. Make sure to answer your phone in case they call.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by kkg

Encountered the same situation over the weekend. They said to wait for 24-48 hours and call if still not ticketed.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just another reference point for time taken to ticket. Just made a redemption on SQ on A380 for 2 pax in C for one-way SE Asia to Europe and it went all through okay online (using a credit card that I had used before). The time between reservation confirmation and issued etickets was - hold your breath - 49mins. Yes no joke, I couldn't believe it myself.

Went to SQ site and pulled up the booking then made seat and meal reservations. eticket number properly reflected and CMT also says all is fine. Impressed. I guess I got to buy a lottery ticket as I seem to be having one very lucky day
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Don't be so surprised... a lot of the award bookings ticket (almost) instantly, only some don't.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by demue
Just another reference point for time taken to ticket. Just made a redemption on SQ on A380 for 2 pax in C for one-way SE Asia to Europe and it went all through okay online (using a credit card that I had used before). The time between reservation confirmation and issued etickets was - hold your breath - 49mins. Yes no joke, I couldn't believe it myself.

Went to SQ site and pulled up the booking then made seat and meal reservations. eticket number properly reflected and CMT also says all is fine. Impressed. I guess I got to buy a lottery ticket as I seem to be having one very lucky day
Are you skipping on the dessert for this reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.