Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:25 pm

unbelievable
i input my credit card to book a ticket, the system tries to process my booking, i see an authorization on my CC, then it leads me back to their home page.
i call up their 800#, with the locator that was dispplayed, they tell me that the miles were not taken and it would not be ticketed. i'm like why wasn't it ticketed... they give me the option to cancel it or have a dept that handles such situations call me back. ...
the award wont go back to inventory. who knows when that dept would return my call to fix this..
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:37 pm

Doesn't it usually go back to inventory within 24 hours or so? I'm also interested in this possibility at present...
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by kaiotes
unbelievable
I'm not sure what's so unbelievable about the situation. There was an error on booking...it happens. They seem to have proposed a possible solution.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
unbelievable
i input my credit card to book a ticket, the system tries to process my booking, i see an authorization on my CC, then it leads me back to their home page.
i call up their 800#, with the locator that was dispplayed, they tell me that the miles were not taken and it would not be ticketed. i'm like why wasn't it ticketed... they give me the option to cancel it or have a dept that handles such situations call me back. ...
the award wont go back to inventory. who knows when that dept would return my call to fix this..
Had the same situation when trying to book 2 LH F tix.

Called back, asked the agent to cancel the booking. She did and the space was immediately available again.

She stayed on the line while I successfully completed the booking process.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:58 am

they are expecting me to chill n wait for their call than get me someone live to address the problem.
there's no guarantee that if you cancel your booking the award will go back to inventory immediately or if at all.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:40 pm

there's no guarantee that if you cancel your booking the award will go back to inventory immediately or if at all.
Well you have my example and another one before me (a couple of pages back) who actually gave me the idea.

Based on the number of times they told me they will call me (credit card issues) and the fact that I never received a single call, I would say that the chance of the award going back into inventory is higher than you getting a call from LM
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:13 pm

and guess what happened.
they never called me back and CANCELLED my ticket without notice.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:58 am

and guess what happened.
they never called me back and CANCELLED my ticket without notice.
yep, based on what I've been told by agents and the good folks of this thread, if the reservation isn't completed, the seats are held about 24-48 hours after that it gets cancelled.

did the seats go back in the inventory?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Thinking of using LM to book one-ways back to DEN from ANC last minute instead of using my United miles. Availability has been slim to none except for about a week to maybe 3-4 days out with United. Almost all of my tickets with LM have ticketed within 24hrs and those have been TATL routings. How are they are on ticketing UA domestic? Do you think i'm safe to use LM and avoid UA's close in $75 fee?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by demue
Interesting one. Thanks for sharing. Now if they could only fix the website then and it would be golden. The one thing I did though was compare the BR "phantom" availability to ANA tool and it came up blank over there for same days/ routes that LM showed as supposedly available. Strange one. Will keep an eye on it.
I am pretty you have reached the conclusion that these BR availability was not phantom.

The issue was with ANA.
There was a period of time ANA was not showing any award seat availability on BR. In fact, it marks them as "-", as if BR does not offer J service.

The issue seems to be gone now.

Last edited by geclub1; Jul 16, 2014 at 11:42 pm
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:01 pm

I booked 3 tickets to GUM just a few days before it was rezoned.

It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't received a ticketing email from AV. That said, I do see ticket numbers on CheckMyTrip and when I check the itinerary on TK's system.

Should I be home safe?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Originally Posted by tng11
I booked 3 tickets to GUM just a few days before it was rezoned.

It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't received a ticketing email from AV. That said, I do see ticket numbers on CheckMyTrip and when I check the itinerary on TK's system.

Should I be home safe?
Should be fine, I don't seem to always get ticketing emails from AV either.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by geclub1
I am pretty you have reached the conclusion that these BR availability was not phantom.

The issue was with ANA.
There was a period of time ANA was not showing any award seat availability on BR. In fact, it marks them as "-", as if BR does not offer J service.

The issue seems to be gone now.
several folks I know and myself tried to book them on LM, but it did not go through. Never could it even pull up the page with taxes so I don't think it was real availability for BR LAX or JFK flights. Will try again over the weekend.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA , SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, United, Aeroplan, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by demue
several folks I know and myself tried to book them on LM, but it did not go through. Never could it even pull up the page with taxes so I don't think it was real availability for BR LAX or JFK flights. Will try again over the weekend.
you cant book BR flights from tpe-lax and a few other places. its a glitch in their system. if you cant get though paying taxes, the seats prob don't exist
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:42 pm

Booked a flight on turkish airlines..got a confirmation email and everything. However, ANA and United shows no availability for that route while Life Miles continues to show availability? Should I be concerned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.