Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 3:00 am

Just booked TK fligths, etix issued in 20mins or so. Definitely airline dependent.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I know it's not easy, but make sure your phone is fully charged and call them. Lifemiles has some great values, but its IT isn't without its problems, as I think has been sufficiently noted throughout this thread.

They won't cheat you, but you may have to do some extra work to actually get your bargain. To me it's usually worth it. YMMV.
Thanks, I shot them an email last night. If I don't hear something by end of work day, I'll give them a call on way home from work.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Nearly 60 hrs by now. I wonder if I should send an email, or call.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
No e-ticket number yet for a LM redemption on SQ. It's been over 72 hours.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:30 am

Wow. Lots of ticketing issues lately.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Wow. Lots of ticketing issues lately.
I'm 100% certain it's because they put in some sort of a manual intervention for every ticket. Probably goes to some kind of a rate desk where they go through a IF...THEN...ELSE loop to see if it falls into any of the "bad" routes.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm 100% certain it's because they put in some sort of a manual intervention for every ticket. Probably goes to some kind of a rate desk where they go through a IF...THEN...ELSE loop to see if it falls into any of the "bad" routes.
I booked a bad route today. Ticketed in 20 mins.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Booked something similar yesterday - ticketed inside an hour.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Update: E-mailed LifeMiles this morning. About an hour later received a reply with the ticket numbers. Checked CheckMyTrip and everything was now showing up. ^
Old May 28, 2014, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by catharsis
Booked something similar yesterday - ticketed inside an hour.
Cool! I stand corrected.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:15 am

2 reservations were canceled without notice after crossing the 72h+ line with no ticket issued (C1 involved). Seats are back online, miles are still missing...
Old May 29, 2014, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by tng11
Same problem with an AC booking. Not ticketed even after 60 hours or so.

Think it warrants a call as the flight is on the 31st.
Sent an email, got a response in under 3 hours and the ticketing e-mails. Not so shabby CS after all.
Old May 29, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by KiFly
2 reservations were canceled without notice after crossing the 72h+ line with no ticket issued (C1 involved). Seats are back online, miles are still missing...
Email was sent, and unlike others, no response after 10 hours and reservations were cancelled, and it is past 72 hours mark, no tickets issued, seats are taken away, yet miles still missing.

I hope this slow ticketing is not due to the documented DOT complaint that resulting in Avianca taking more time to check every booking, and sometimes takes too long and hence passed the 72 hours mark, and the resulting awards being taken away.

My booking has no tricks. Yet this still happened.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:31 am

Is anyone still having issues with booking BR flights?

I still can't get past the screen where I select flights - it just errors out. No tricks involved. I'm wondering if it may work with other internet browsers.
Old May 29, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Pretty ridiculous.

Had a legitimate fare (no tricks, straightforward routing C2-C2-C1) on Swiss. After multiple emails in past 24 hours inquiring about status, I finally called during a break at work today.

They unilaterally re-booked me on Lufthansa without any notice (checked all spam filters). They said Swiss took a little too long to ticket so they changed it for me. Now, the seats are no longer available.

UPDATE: Even better, I just checked and they switched me from Business to Coach without any mileage adjustment.

Last edited by XMS91; May 29, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.