Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 8:26 pm

Just made a reservation. However, I wasn't given the choice between Wynn and Encore. I was told Wynn only. Anyone else?

Maybe there are two separate promo codes, one for Wynn and one for Encore?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by mschles
Just made a reservation. However, I wasn't given the choice between Wynn and Encore. I was told Wynn only. Anyone else?

Maybe there are two separate promo codes, one for Wynn and one for Encore?
I too was told it was only for Wynn, but I told the agent that another Platinum card holding friend had it qualify for Encore. She called the hotel and sure enough, I was able to book Encore.

Could those that have taken advantage of this offer please post their experience? Centurion's post and the fact that they did charge me first night's deposit of $260 (even though they're currently running at $169 for the same dates), has left me uneasy.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

remember amex has best reputation for disputing charges, worst case.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
I was told last night by PTS that there was no promotion resembling this available.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Anyone making a reservation on this without a written copy of a T&C in front of them and available for review is taking a notable risk. You should KNOW what you're getting yourself in to. Don't assume just because someone else posts it here.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Anyone making a reservation on this without a written copy of a T&C in front of them and available for review is taking a notable risk. You should KNOW what you're getting yourself in to. Don't assume just because someone else posts it here.
CTS offered up this promotion when we were calling to check FHR rates. I'm not worried at all. They did mention it was for all Centurion but only certain targeted Platinum accounts.

Worst case, Encore charges full price, we dispute with AMEX travel, they listen to recording, game over.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:19 pm

Thumbs up

Just got off the phone with PTS. I was able to book the room for 2 nights, and the agent said the rate was combinable with the FHR benefits. She also advised that they would charge the card for the 1st nights room deposit, but that I would receive the deposit back (less the room taxes, which are not comped) when I checked out. She said that the offer was very popular, and many people had been calling about it..
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Amazing... now I know why they were so full in Encore a few weeks ago. Customers I met at the Encore reported priceline-ing Wynn and Encore rooms for 160-190$/night
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:58 pm

Just booked my two nights as well

Originally Posted by stngfn
Just got off the phone with PTS. I was able to book the room for 2 nights, and the agent said the rate was combinable with the FHR benefits. She also advised that they would charge the card for the 1st nights room deposit, but that I would receive the deposit back (less the room taxes, which are not comped) when I checked out. She said that the offer was very popular, and many people had been calling about it..
According to Jenny at PTS, two nights are comp, except for the room taxes. As stngfn mentioned, FHR benefits apply. In my case, Jenny said it was breakfast for two each day, up to $40/day (room service excluded) and a lunch for two, excluding beverage and gratuity (room service again excluded). Was offered either the Wynn or Encore, chose the Encore. Also eligible for room upgrade and 4pm checkout (won't be using the late checkout). Room rate quoted was around $330/night, but as others have said it appears that it can be gotten for much less. Two day prior to reservation beginning cancellation policy.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For the FHR benefits I got in early Feb in the Wynn, please refer to the master FHR thread. Over all the Wynn handles the FHR goodies very well. You can use the breakfast credit both in Wynn and Encore ^
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: United 1K
Has anybody actually stayed free?

Has anybody actually stayed at the Wynn under this promotion? The e-mail confirmation I received from AMEX said "be sure to show certificate at check-in". Does anybody know what "certificate" they are talking about?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

apparently its targeted. as usual, not everyone who is targeted actually got the (e)mailing letting them know.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Talking Reserved a room last Friday

My post is a bit long, but I figured you might be interested in my experience.

After reading about the promotion on this site (thanks bimmerfan08!), I called PTS.

I mentioned that "a friend" had told me about the promotion. The agent knew exactly what I was talking about. I asked her how the promotion worked, was there a catch, etc.

Just like Bucko, she told me that it was two free nights, but that I would have to pay the taxes. However she said there were a lot of black out dates, which dkelly110 mentioned.

I already had a trip to Vegas planned for April, and was staying at the Paris. The last two days of my trip was not part of the blackout dates. So, I gave her my two days (Friday, April 3 and Saturday, April 4). The agent said both days were available, and asked me if I would like to book.

I said yes, and she told me that my platinum card would be charged for 1 night ($395) but that it would be refunded once I checked it. She gave me the option of either the Wynn or Encore, and I chose Encore. She also said that I would receive FHR benefits, including 4 p.m. late checkout, $40 for breakfast for each night stay (no room service), and one-time lunch for two at any restaurant at either hotel. She did say that because of the promotion, I would not get the complimentary upgrade. Oh, and she was able to add my red card # to the reservation.

When I first called, she didn't mention it was only a targeted promotion, and at the time she still didn't even have my account number yet. PTS e-mailed me a travel itinerary and it says:
Special Info ENCORE RESORT RM 1 KING BED NONSMOKING. QPLAWR 2 FREE NIGHTS-
Not sure if that is a promo code, but thought I would include it anyway.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has actually stayed using the promotion. Either way, I'm looking forward to my two free nights at Encore!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

upgrade would only be to panoramic anyway, which you can usually get at checkin free/with $20/etc
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Could someone please confirm if this promotion is available to US Cent and targeted Plat only, or is it available to UK Cents as well?? I have a UK Cent and would love to take up the offer, assuming it is available to UK cardholders.

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.