Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AADER (Double EQ Qualifying Miles) + Elite Bonus for Exceeding Qual Recs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:24 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond

Qualify For AAdvantage Elite Status Faster Than Ever

Award:
Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles

Bonus Code:
AADER
Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Dates:
Travel between April 16, 2008 and June 15, 2008.

Offer:
Qualify or re-qualify for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than ever with this special promotion. Just fly on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® between April 16, 2008, and June 15, 2008, and you'll earn double elite qualifying miles - the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite-status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Register for this special offer prior to June 15, 2008 to qualify, by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Also, members who reach a select miles/points milestone beyond the standard elite qualification requirement may be eligible for a special Elite Reward. View details at www.aa.com/eliterewards.

Terms and Conditions:
Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel, but do count toward qualification for AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, and AAdvantage Executive Platinum status. AAdvantage elite-status qualifying double mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection marketed and operated flights between April 16, 2008 and June 15, 2008. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. Registration prior to midnight, (CT) June 15, 2008 is required. All eligible travel flown prior to the registration date, but within the offer period, will qualify for the promotion. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the offer ends. AAdvantage members who register for this promotion are automatically also registered for the Special Elite Rewards promotion (www.aa.com/eliterewards).

Link to aa.com.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:32 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
No mention of a "booking period" so it appears that it will include already-booked travel during this period ^

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
No mention of a "booking period" so it appears that it will include already-booked travel during this period ^

Cheers.
That's my take as well. If it excludes travel booked prior to April 16, I'm screwed.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:34 pm

I kept checking for the April 1 date or something but this appears to be completely real.

As I'm currently sitting in the AC with a busy week ahead of me, and somehow magically planned my big Europe vacation for early June, I'm feeling like I just hit the lottery.

Thanks so much for posting!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Great promo... This will ensure I re-qualify for plat as I have a trip to Europe planned next week and a transcon in early June!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Wow. Just a quick look of my travel for that period, and I'll be right back to around 90k EQMs with this promotion. ^ I'm a shoe in then for EXP and the elite rewards!

Nice move, AA! ^
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
And it's quite generous because it's retroactive.

All eligible travel flown prior to the registration date, but within the offer period, will qualify for the promotion.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FWAAA
That's my take as well. If it excludes travel booked prior to April 16, I'm screwed.
Judging by the fact that they're going to tally everything up at the end of the promo, I'm guessing (well, hoping) that including ticketing date attached to segments flown would complicate their reporting.

It would seem simpler just to look at the segments that post during the window and double it.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:48 pm

Thank you LRD. A nice surprise for the better half and I tomorrow ORD-CDG.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
That seems to be right. Especially since it's retroactive, so you don't have to even have signed up yet when you fly some of the segments. That lends support to the idea that it works for already booked travel. I think.

On the flip side this makes me paranoid about pending problems with AA, like a strike threat or something - which might be why they want to encourage bookings during this period. But until then it's a cause for celebration. Suddenly I don't have to worry about requalification, and I was already getting nervous about booking enough end of year travel to make sure I made the cut.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Nice. Guess the latest attempt to win back some customers from last week's disaster.

Thanks for the post. Hadn't stumbled into this and just in time for some travel.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just noted that it's miles only, not points (or segments). I'm a miles qualifier, but this may not be as advantageous to points folks.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:50 pm

If AA is reading this, how about making it double EQPs as well as double EQMs?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:53 pm

I know the rules say it is retro active. However the confirmation I received states sonething to the effect that flights prior to registration do not count.
I'm confused!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I know the rules say it is retro active. However the confirmation I received states sonething to the effect that flights prior to registration do not count.
I'm confused!
That's generic language that's included in all emails confirming registration for promos. Print the terms and conditions of this promo which clearly indicate that registration prior to June 15 is all that's required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.