Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Free One Day Pass for Admirals Club (via email) - Unable to use at DFW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hilton Diamond Marriott Diamond Hyatt Diamond

I received this targeted promotion for a reduction in the price and a free one day pass to the Admirals club. Please note the code ACQ11 will give you a $50 discount for new club members if you enroll online.

The email must be presented along with the personal code and a photo ID for a one day complimentary pass to the club. I provided these items to the receptionist at the DFW club in terminal A.

The receptionist told me that this could not be used and denied access to the club. The receptionist was unwilling to call her superior nor take any action to determine the promotion was valid.

Spoke with the ExecPlat desk after being denied entry and they indicated I should receive a call on Monday from the Admirals Club department.

Text of the email I received today follows:

Dear martig4,

Save $50* on a new Admirals Club® annual membership and enjoy a complimentary Admirals Club One-Day Pass** , good at any club location worldwide now through April 30, 2011. To experience the benefits of a new Admirals Club membership, simply present this personalized email with One-Day Pass code XXXXX, along with a government-issued ID at lounge entry.

If you join during your complimentary visit or online, with promotion code ACQ11, you'll save $50 on a new annual membership. If you purchase online, be sure to enter promotion code ACQ11 and then click the RECALCULATE button to receive the discount. The annual individual membership fee for our AAdvantage Executive Platinum® customers is $350; with this offer, your annual fee would be $300.

That's just $25 a month to enjoy amenities that include:
Complimentary well brand liquor, house wine and beer(+)
Music rooms
Cyber cafes
Full business amenities
Conference rooms
Spa-like showers
To transform your travel experience, purchase your new membership in one of our clubs or online by April 30, 2011! Learn more about the Admirals Club lounge at www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Nancy J. Knipp
President
Admirals Club

Promotional Terms and Conditions:
*Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club membership purchased online or in any lounge location. Offer and One-Day Pass expire April 30, 2011. This offer is valid for the named email recipient only. Promotion code ACQ11 must be used at time of purchase to receive discount. Receive discount off the annual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year, promotion code ACQ11. Membership rate and final discount is based on individual's current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership or renewing an existing membership. Memberships purchased with AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership.

**One-Day Pass is valid for individual identified on email and only in conjunction with an American Airlines, American Eagle® or AmericanConnection® flight. One-Day Pass code is only good for single use on one (1) day of travel. Personalized email with One-Day Pass code must be presented at time of lounge visit. This One-Day Pass and offer expire April 30, 2011.

(+)Honolulu lounge offers complimentary house beer and wine only. State law requires the Philadelphia lounge to collect a minimum of $1.00 for each alcoholic beverage served.

Last edited by dstan; Jan 29, 2011 at 3:29 pm Reason: added QUOTE tags for clarity
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Nothing to do, but wait until Monday.
I would be if you decided to stay in the club, the receptionist would have had to involve a supervisor if she wanted you to leave. What reason did the receptionist give you for denying entry?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Admittedly a silly question: were you set to travel on an AA operated flight?

One-Day Pass is valid for individual identified on email and only in conjunction with an American Airlines, American Eagle® or AmericanConnection®
That's the only proviso in the T/Cs I see that could possibly explain refusal of entry into the club.

Do report back w/your results.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, OnePass, SkyMiles, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Please follow up and let us know what the outcome is and what the reason for refusal was. I have a couple of one day passes that we were hoping to use next week at DFW.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hilton Diamond Marriott Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
Nothing to do, but wait until Monday.
I would be if you decided to stay in the club, the receptionist would have had to involve a supervisor if she wanted you to leave. What reason did the receptionist give you for denying entry?
The receptionist refused to recognize this was a valid promotion for a complimentary one day pass. She did not know how to process the code provided in the email to allow entry to the club.

She showed me a paper based one day pass - about the size of a credit card - and said only those would work.

The ExecPlat desk said this was incorrect and sent the issue to the AC department at AA.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I received one of these, also, but have not yet tried to use it. I will look forward to your update.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martig4
The receptionist refused to recognize this was a valid promotion for a complimentary one day pass. She did not know how to process the code provided in the email to allow entry to the club.

She showed me a paper based one day pass - about the size of a credit card - and said only those would work.

The ExecPlat desk said this was incorrect and sent the issue to the AC department at AA.
If she didn't recognized it, she should have not refused to contact a supervisor.
It's not like she knows everything. I don't know everything at my job, but I know how to ask other people. This is not a good way to handle this.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:53 pm

Just used that code and saved $100 on first time membership. $500 reduced to $400.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by damnfoolz
Just used that code and saved $100 on first time membership. $500 reduced to $400.
FYI - I got first time membership last Oct. for $280 due to EXP status + NYC 20% discounts. Did anyone find a cheaper way to sign up in the past year?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by billgrates3
FYI - I got first time membership last Oct. for $280 due to EXP status + NYC 20% discounts. Did anyone find a cheaper way to sign up in the past year?
My membership expired Dec 31, 2009. Sometime last summer AA send me a card saying they were extending me through June 2011. I have no idea if I had access between the end of the year and when they sent me the card. I suspect I got this due to the SJC AC closing and my EXP status.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:50 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
My membership expired Dec 31, 2009. Sometime last summer AA send me a card saying they were extending me through June 2011. I have no idea if I had access between the end of the year and when they sent me the card. I suspect I got this due to the SJC AC closing and my EXP status.
Had to be something else as well. I'm EXP and SJC-based and I only got three months extra. Since I use miles, the renewal is free, so no big deal, but I definitely didn't get the 2011 dealie.

Maybe I should complain

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by brp
Had to be something else as well. I'm EXP and SJC-based and I only got three months extra. Since I use miles, the renewal is free, so no big deal, but I definitely didn't get the 2011 dealie.
You really shouldn't keep saying it's free because a lot of us here treat miles as currency, and it just adds confusion. Even if you don't think of miles that way, you're still talking to the forum. If you were being reimbursed by a company, you could say it were free, because we don't care about company money; it's not coming out of our pockets.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
You really shouldn't keep saying it's free because a lot of us here treat miles as currency, and it just adds confusion. Even if you don't think of miles that way, you're still talking to the forum. If you were being reimbursed by a company, you could say it were free, because we don't care about company money; it's not coming out of our pockets.
OK, I'll say that I view it as free since miles accumulate faster than I can use them, even moving them over to HHonors. I acknowledge that others have different valuation for their miles, and I'm just giving mine

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:43 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by brp
OK, I'll say that I view it as free since miles accumulate faster than I can use them, even moving them over to HHonors. I acknowledge that others have different valuation for their miles, and I'm just giving mine

Cheers.
If it's "free", then would you mind giving your miles to me?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
If it's "free", then would you mind giving your miles to me?
Well, the I would have to pay for things like AC renewal and hotels, and I don't like paying if I don't have to

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.