Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
New amenity packs.

Overall an improvement. Dark charcoal similar material to current but a bit thicker with purple leather corners to match the mood lightning on the long-haul planes. Zipper instead of fold over

The main step back would be the moisturiser now comes in a paper/plastic sleeve like a condiment packet - looks cheap, but otherwise new colour socks and face mask patterns - two packs I got had different colours - but didn't seem a big selection.

They have been made bigger and are now the exact dimensions of an iPad and will be very useful as a sleeve for one and that's probably the intention.

BCE
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Im off to SFO on Saturday, look forward to a Christmas present for my wife!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by bce1
New amenity packs.

Overall an improvement. Dark charcoal similar material to current but a bit thicker with purple leather corners to match the mood lightning on the long-haul planes. Zipper instead of fold over

The main step back would be the moisturiser now comes in a paper/plastic sleeve like a condiment packet - looks cheap, but otherwise new colour socks and face mask patterns - two packs I got had different colours - but didn't seem a big selection.

They have been made bigger and are now the exact dimensions of an iPad and will be very useful as a sleeve for one and that's probably the intention.

BCE
I am a bit confused about this
- I flew AKL-LAX NZ 2 on PE and got the "new" kit you are talking about with the paper bag hand creme and this glass bottle with syringe type dispenser of some pleasant smelling stuff (doesn't really say what/where it is for)

- on the way home on NZ1 J/BP I got the same old pack with felt close over case and 2x lancome products.

Much preferred the new zip case and can't imagine its for PE only?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: NZ*E
one thing that NZ really need to upgrade on is their Amenity kit...

I still keep the very nice agnes b bag (pencil case) from CX J from two years back. it is stylish and lasts......

is there any pics of the new kit? thanks
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I just wish they'd make the eye masks bigger. I don't think my head is large but they're a very tight fit.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:10 am

They are using up stock apparently - the out stations may take a few weeks - Auckland are using now.

Will try and post pictures!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
No J amenity kits on NZ5 last night.
They gave out PE which are in a plastic type bag with branding on it.
New J kits don't have any useful moisturiser etc. The sachet is a messy one use item which is not good for long flights.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
A single-serve sachet of moisturiser sounds pretty cheap! I like those mini-moisturisers that airlines hand out, they are good for using on short trips where one is travelling light.

Is this sachet at least a good brand? And were there any other similar items, like lip balm or hand moisturiser?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
This must be new I had the usual one last month which was good I thought (ON NZ5 also)
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:11 pm

Hopefully a photo

Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:15 pm

The beauty products are "antipodes" - which my wife tells me is a reasonable brand - but I know nothing !!!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:56 am

What's in the dropper bottle?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:51 am

Facial moisturiser of some sort
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
No J amenity kits on NZ5 last night.
They gave out PE which are in a plastic type bag with branding on it.
New J kits don't have any useful moisturiser etc. The sachet is a messy one use item which is not good for long flights.
That interesting - in my last flight last week the PE packs were the same as the new BP ones (felt zipper bag)

Can't understand the paper hand cream - esp for long haul flying!? Can it really be that much cheaper?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
That interesting - in my last flight last week the PE packs were the same as the new BP ones (felt zipper bag)

Can't understand the paper hand cream - esp for long haul flying!? Can it really be that much cheaper?
I think it's safe to say if it wasn't cheaper they wouldn't have changed..

Remember the first thing Luxon took pride in was changing jam suppliers to save $200k per year and the new stuff tasted "good enough" (his words).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.