Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by bce1
Hopefully a photo

many thanks for the pic, bce! going on J to hkg and see if this is onboard!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I had the ziplock cheapie bag in premium business earlier this month. It felt and looked like a big bag of peanuts.
My return flight was loaded with the big felt bag. I was told that they did not have enough supplies over the changeover period and they used the premium economy bag to resource the J-class flights.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I had the same on NZ5 this morning...ugly!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I flew from WLG to MEL via AKL and SYD yesterday and they didn't even have amenity kits in BP on the AKL->SYD leg on the 77E. Is this something new, or been that way for a while?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
Just did NZ1 LHR to LAX and the amenity pack was the ziplock bag - MrsFlykiwifly was singularly unimpressed with the lack of products and one of the cabin crew said he didn't think much of it for a "premium airline" !
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:43 pm
Suspended

But that's the point, it's not a premium airline.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I flew from WLG to MEL via AKL and SYD yesterday and they didn't even have amenity kits in BP on the AKL->SYD leg on the 77E. Is this something new, or been that way for a while?
I have never had an amenity kit on TT in J.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Markhm
... On any airline.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Markhm
+1
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by pbl22
... On any airline.
... I did once ... on Qantas ... but that was a long time ago flying from AKL to MEL on a 763 ... and even then it was not SOP ...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Originally Posted by mmonster
many thanks for the pic, bce! going on J to hkg and see if this is onboard!
My wife and I got the good ones on NZ8 to SFO. A little better than the previous years ones. But still the same all fitting socks as far as I coule tell from last years trip to LAX
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Got the new one in J on NZ99 to NRT this time, it's ok but my other half misses lip balm.

However, I was stuck with the new PE one on NZ7 from SFO whilst in J - the zip lock bag with the bare essentials, which didn't impress, though there should be a difference between J and PE which there really wasn't before (except for the time it was La Prairie products in the J ones).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by libertyuk
Got the new one in J on NZ99 to NRT this time, it's ok but my other half misses lip balm.

However, I was stuck with the new PE one on NZ7 from SFO whilst in J - the zip lock bag with the bare essentials, which didn't impress, though there should be a difference between J and PE which there really wasn't before (except for the time it was La Prairie products in the J ones).
Agreed. I don't understand why the bag is so big and the contents so... "enhanced". I miss the lip balm too, and more usable moisturizer.

I do like the actual bag itself, it's pretty good for stowing the cable monsters that grow in my backpack.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by ajnz
I don't understand why the bag is so big
A full size iPad fits in it quite nicely. I think that was the motivation.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
So, if I'm not wrong PE gets the bag with fewer contents; while BP gets the cardboard box with more stuff inside? The cardboard box looks a bit lame for business class tbh..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.