Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does anyone know if there's a way to confirm the "companion on same flight" upgrade when there's R space?

Flight is J4 R1, and I have a friend booked in V, the concierge could only get him on the list, not confirmed. He has no status, so if it goes to the gate, chances are much lower.
I was under the impression that the "rules" stated that same flight, different PNR could only be done at the airport.

If same PNR, I was wondering if it's possible to split the PNR and clear the no status companion, but it might seem then that the rules above would apply...
Old Dec 18, 2016, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hydrogen
I was under the impression that the "rules" stated that same flight, different PNR could only be done at the airport.

If same PNR, I was wondering if it's possible to split the PNR and clear the no status companion, but it might seem then that the rules above would apply...
Anything that can only be done "at the airport" can be done by the concierge.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does anyone know if there's a way to confirm the "companion on same flight" upgrade when there's R space?

Flight is J4 R1, and I have a friend booked in V, the concierge could only get him on the list, not confirmed. He has no status, so if it goes to the gate, chances are much lower.
There is not to my knowledge. "At the airport" upgrades don't clear even if R space is available, as the departure control system doesn't cross-reference to the GDS data. If you're waitlisted at the airport and R space opens and you ask an agent to clear you, they actually cancel your check-in, clear it, and then check you in again.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:52 pm

Could someone with EF be so kind as to look up what AC 854 looks like on Dec 30th?

I have a lat FP that is waitlisted and I'm wondering what my odds are - might consider changing to a connection if I have little to no chance and the weather out east looks stable in a week's time.

Alternately, could I get a confirmed upgrade to PY and then re-waitlist for J? Neither option is entirely desirable, but based on my travel plans for early 2017 I'm not likely to use those eUPs before they expire.

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Could someone with EF be so kind as to look up what AC 854 looks like on Dec 30th?

I have a lat FP that is waitlisted and I'm wondering what my odds are - might consider changing to a connection if I have little to no chance and the weather out east looks stable in a week's time.

Alternately, could I get a confirmed upgrade to PY and then re-waitlist for J? Neither option is entirely desirable, but based on my travel plans for early 2017 I'm not likely to use those eUPs before they expire.

Thanks!
looks good

AC 854 0 YVR
12/30/16 6:00 PM LHR
12/31/16 11:20 AM 77W
Daily
85% / 20m J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 R0 O6 E3 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: AC*SE
Upgrade latitude on P

Does anyone know if the functionality to upgrade latitude international tickets against P availability has finally just been definitively disabled?

I'm on a J9C9D9P9 flight over the holiday period which is wide open and have been waitlisted on a latitude fare (R is 0). Upgrading a latitude against available P space hasn't worked the last few times I tried it either.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
It's just P--check out this thread. You will have to phone in and get it manually done and have your homework in front of you (AC website info etc):

P GAMES

Since you are SE, you might enlist the help of the concierge.

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Dec 21, 2016 at 7:09 am
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
looks good

AC 854 0 YVR
12/30/16 6:00 PM LHR
12/31/16 11:20 AM 77W
Daily
85% / 20m J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 R0 O6 E3 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
Thanks! I'll just hang tight then.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE
so t-7 request hkg-yvr for my nominee(E35) and then request for myself (SE). I got an email at t-5 that my upgrade has cleared. Nominee has not. R was 0 at t-7 and prior. I thought my nominee got the benefit of my status until t-24? Which if my understanding was correct her upgrade should have cleared first? Separate PNR's.

Last edited by 300rwhp; Dec 27, 2016 at 12:01 pm Reason: additional info.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
so t-7 request hkg-yvr for my nominee(E35) and then request for myself (SE). I got an email at t-5 that my upgrade has cleared. Nominee has not. R was 0 at t-7 and prior. I thought my nominee got the benefit of my status until t-24? Which if my understanding was correct her upgrade should have cleared first? Separate PNR's.
Your understanding was the same as mine.

However, what fare classes are you in?

It's still cabin/status/fare class/request time, so even though your nominee should have your status prior to departure, is it possible you had a higher fare class?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:31 pm

Can someone confirm for me that a YYZ-YUL eupgrade from Flex W requires 4 credits for a P25? I was talking with a phone agent this morning and he told me I needed 6. My window wasn't open yet so I'd have to call back to request the upgrade/get waitlisted. I only have 4 credits left so I won't bother calling if it's more (it's a TA booking so I can't use the online system).

It's been a long time since I worked through the ins and outs of the eupgrade process: I'm right that there's no way my wife who is P25 can gift me credits or upgrade me on a flight that only I'm taking, right?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by arf04
Can someone confirm for me that a YYZ-YUL eupgrade from Flex W requires 4 credits for a P25? I was talking with a phone agent this morning and he told me I needed 6. My window wasn't open yet so I'd have to call back to request the upgrade/get waitlisted. I only have 4 credits left so I won't bother calling if it's more (it's a TA booking so I can't use the online system).

It's been a long time since I worked through the ins and outs of the eupgrade process: I'm right that there's no way my wife who is P25 can gift me credits or upgrade me on a flight that only I'm taking, right?

Thanks!
The agent was wrong. It's 4 credits. And you can request your upgrade online regardless of how you made the booking.

And correct, your wife can't upgrade you in this case.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jan 31, 2017 at 7:55 pm
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:52 pm

And the online system should work fine.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by arf04

Thanks!
Why can't you use the online system? I use my eupgrades online all the time with a TA booking.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by 172pilot
Why can't you use the online system? I use my eupgrades online all the time with a TA booking.
I don't know why I can't but I can't. The TA had initially misspelled my name so that had to be corrected. There seem to be two versions of me on the file now, so I think that may be causing problems. I also tried to buy preferred seats. The transaction appeared to go through and I received a receipt showing the new seat selections. But the file did not show the new selections. The AC agent told me there was no payment recorded on the file and indeed there is no charge showing on my CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.