Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:29 am

Flex Flight Pass upgrade to Lat Fare?

Just curious - has anyone had any luck in changing a Flex Flight Pass and paying a Fare difference to a Latitude fare bucket?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Just curious - has anyone had any luck in changing a Flex Flight Pass and paying a Fare difference to a Latitude fare bucket?
Not possible. The FP system is a strange animal.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
Question here: I am flying with my GF from YYC to LAX on the flight pass on Sunday and was hoping to treat her to upgrade using my e upgrade account. I am 50k status and have upgraded my ticket. What is the best way to get her upfront as well? Can I share my upgrade? Or is it down to purchasing a LMU at check-in for her? The only info I can find is that only 100k SE can share upgrades but am not sure.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by coleo
Question here: I am flying with my GF from YYC to LAX on the flight pass on Sunday and was hoping to treat her to upgrade using my e upgrade account. I am 50k status and have upgraded my ticket. What is the best way to get her upfront as well? Can I share my upgrade? Or is it down to purchasing a LMU at check-in for her? The only info I can find is that only 100k SE can share upgrades but am not sure.
If she is in Flex or Latitude, you can put in an upgrade request for her at the airport.

LMU is always a possibility for any fare class, if it's offered.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If she is in Flex or Latitude, you can put in an upgrade request for her at the airport.

LMU is always a possibility for any fare class, if it's offered.
The flight passes are in flex fare, but the eupgrade system does not allow me to assign a nominee or share anything. Can I do eupgrade at airport?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by coleo
The flight passes are in flex fare, but the eupgrade system does not allow me to assign a nominee or share anything. Can I do eupgrade at airport?
Yes.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:05 pm

I got YYZ-YUL-YVR coming up, and I'm flying with a friend of mine.
We are on separate reservations, so the only way I can upgrade my buddy would be by requesting his upgrade at the airport.
In this case, where do I request his upgrade for the YUL-YVR flight?
It is done at YYZ when we check in, or do I need to talk to an agent in YUL?
The connection in YUL is a same-day connection.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
I got YYZ-YUL-YVR coming up, and I'm flying with a friend of mine.
We are on separate reservations, so the only way I can upgrade my buddy would be by requesting his upgrade at the airport.
In this case, where do I request his upgrade for the YUL-YVR flight?
It is done at YYZ when we check in, or do I need to talk to an agent in YUL?
The connection in YUL is a same-day connection.
YYZ
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:35 pm

YYZ
Thanks.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
I have a short YYZ-YUL trip next Monday (6 days from now) - was curious about number of credits required to upgrade so I checked my account and was surprised to see that it would allow me to be wait listed for upgrade already (R=0) even though the amount of time between now and the flight is more than the published booking window for me.

I am an E50 on Flex W fare, should be 5 days ahead I think (currently 5.5 away from the trip). As mentioned, I was allowed to join the wait-list for the flight. The return flight which is currently 8+ days out says "Upgrades can only be requested within 8 days of departure." I don't recall seeing anything related to an 8-day time period posted on AC.com - has anyone else had experience with this or is it specific to this route perhaps?
Old May 3, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by TOR27
I have a short YYZ-YUL trip next Monday (6 days from now) - was curious about number of credits required to upgrade so I checked my account and was surprised to see that it would allow me to be wait listed for upgrade already (R=0) even though the amount of time between now and the flight is more than the published booking window for me.

I am an E50 on Flex W fare, should be 5 days ahead I think (currently 5.5 away from the trip). As mentioned, I was allowed to join the wait-list for the flight. The return flight which is currently 8+ days out says "Upgrades can only be requested within 8 days of departure." I don't recall seeing anything related to an 8-day time period posted on AC.com - has anyone else had experience with this or is it specific to this route perhaps?
I'm not sure where you're looking, but there's currently a promotion on.
Attached Images  
Old May 3, 2016, 11:16 am

I'm not sure where you're looking, but there's currently a promotion on.
Well that explains a lot....i.e. everything haha.

Thanks CC, much appreciated! Guess I should have requested it sooner!
Old May 3, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Well that explains a lot....i.e. everything haha.

Thanks CC, much appreciated! Guess I should have requested it sooner!
Promo runs until Sep 5, 2016. Details here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ade_offer.html
Old May 3, 2016, 7:50 pm

Update: I waitlisted for the flight, which then cleared about 4 hours later so I was feeling lucky...however when I logged in the flight now showed twice in my itinerary and still showed existing economy seat but "Upgraded" next to it.

After 60+ min on hold with AC this evening, the agent was able to sort it out and push through the upgrade - although they said they had never seen what I was seeing in the system before!

All's well that ends well...
Old May 3, 2016, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Update: I waitlisted for the flight, which then cleared about 4 hours later so I was feeling lucky...however when I logged in the flight now showed twice in my itinerary and still showed existing economy seat but "Upgraded" next to it.

After 60+ min on hold with AC this evening, the agent was able to sort it out and push through the upgrade - although they said they had never seen what I was seeing in the system before!

All's well that ends well...
Actually, what you saw is quite common. It takes awhile for a cleared upgrade file to get cleaned up. Usually I wait 24 hours now after seeing an upgrade clear before I call in if it seems not quite cleaned up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.