Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by elementZ
I just wanted to confirm something. I have a TPAC round trip flight booked in Flex (I believe it is V). I am also a P25k w/ 30 eupgrade credits. From the website it looks like I cannot upgrade any of my flights. Can anyone confirm? Even if I want to co-pay, looks like I am stuck.

It seems you are right according to this chart

Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:46 pm
Suspended

I just wanted to confirm something. I have a TPAC round trip flight booked in Flex (I believe it is V). I am also a P25k w/ 30 eupgrade credits. From the website it looks like I cannot upgrade any of my flights. Can anyone confirm? Even if I want to co-pay, looks like I am stuck.
You can co-pay your way up to a Latitude fare.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Allvest
Which may actually be a reasonable option, but ONLY if you can confirm the upgrades right away.

A P25K is extremely unlikely to get a gate upgrade on a TPAC, even in Latitude.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:14 pm

I checked the prices. Latitude is currently $1600-$1900/ticket more than flex. No guarentee either. Looks like flex is useless for anybody E50k and under.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:16 pm
Suspended

I checked the prices. Latitude is currently $1600-$1900/ticket more than flex. No guarentee either. Looks like flex is useless for anybody E50k and under.
As I keep saying, the only status worth calling a status is SE. Now, how AC will demolish SE status next year is still an open question.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:27 pm

So barely more than the co-pay would be for E50K, but also earns 125%.

If you can confirm the upgrade now, there IS a guarantee.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Which may actually be a reasonable option, but ONLY if you can confirm the upgrades right away.

A P25K is extremely unlikely to get a gate upgrade on a TPAC, even in Latitude.
I eupgraded my wife (no status) on my shared PNR both ways YVR-HKG successfully in Feb from an N fare.
AC7 confirmed at T-7 (R=3)
AC8 confirmed at the gate for both of us. I cleared when the flight closed. She cleared 30 minutes before departure. She got the the very last seat in J.

Doable. But, it's a rare event.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
As I keep saying, the only status worth calling a status is SE. Now, how AC will demolish SE status next year is still an open question.
1. Devalue eupgrade credits more.
2. Add copay to SE for TPAC/TATL.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I eupgraded my wife (no status) on my shared PNR both ways YVR-HKG successfully in Feb from an N fare.
AC7 confirmed at T-7 (R=3)
AC8 confirmed at the gate for both of us. I cleared when the flight closed. She cleared 30 minutes before departure. She got the the very last seat in J.

Doable. But, it's a rare event.
On a three cabin aircraft, someone with no status on an N fare is above an SEMM on a Y fare.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
1. Devalue eupgrade credits more.
2. Add copay to SE for TPAC/TATL.
I actually think they won't touch those two. But I do think they might turn 100K into 120 or 150K
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE
Upgrade for 2 pax when R=1

I've got an overseas flight I'm hoping to upgrade 2 pax on the same PNR, and it's currently R1. Both booked in PE, and one is SE, the other is P25K (and *G via UA).

Is there any way to upgrade the lower AC status pax first to grab the R space? I'd rather not split the PNR's, as then I'd have to use my nominee spot when I'm already on the same booking/flight. If I request the upgrade normally for 2 pax, we'd both be waitlisted, despite the one R space.

Is it possible to have reservations apply the upgrade to the lowest status first, and then waitlist me from the same PNR? Any experience with this?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gcashin
Is it possible to have reservations apply the upgrade to the lowest status first, and then waitlist me from the same PNR? Any experience with this?
Not possible without splitting the PNR. A fundamental structure of most GDS is that all passengers on the same PNR have the same itinerary - which includes the booking designator (and flight number, date, gate pair, etc.).

Cheers
bawm
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Would this work?

1) Me on a W fare.
2) SE on a B fare.

SE nominates me to get upgraded. Once I clear on my own status on the SE's eupgrade credits, SE cancels the ticket, and then gets a refund. Obviously SE in this case could be any Altitude member who wants to sponsor me when traveling with me, I was just thinking out loud.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Would this work?

1) Me on a W fare.
2) SE on a B fare.

SE nominates me to get upgraded. Once I clear on my own status on the SE's eupgrade credits, SE cancels the ticket, and then gets a refund. Obviously SE in this case could be any Altitude member who wants to sponsor me when traveling with me, I was just thinking out loud.

Thoughts?
The SE buying a fare would be irrelevant, as they would have to nominate you anyways. All parties to a PNR must have the same booking class, so you could use the 'same booking' work around in this situation. The ability to upgrade someone else on the same flight (different PNR) as you only applies on the day of departure at the airport.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rehoult
The SE buying a fare would be irrelevant, as they would have to nominate you anyways. All parties to a PNR must have the same booking class, so you could use the 'same booking' work around in this situation. The ability to upgrade someone else on the same flight (different PNR) as you only applies on the day of departure at the airport.
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

In my scenario, I am NOT on the SE's nominee list. The provision I am trying to..."understand" is the one whereby an Altitude elite member can nominate any person, as long as they are on the same flight. They can be on separate PNRs.

I picked SE because that was the status of the person where we were going to try this, but then the situation changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.