Search

The P games

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
The P games

From the AC website
"For eligible customers travelling on international flights with a Latitude (booking classes Y and B) or Premium Economy Flexible (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “P” booking class at time of request. For eligible customers travelling on North American and Caribbean flights with a Latitude (booking class Y, B) or Premium Economy Flexible fare (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “Z” booking class at time of request."

1. When will AC IT finally get this process straight, usually 50 % success rate on the Eupgrade page.

2. When will AC finally explain this process to the agents when one has to phone in to complete this process.

Last night - Lat FP bookings, P available- 2 seats to CDG, separate PNRs for my wife and I, upgraded on the web page, no problem.

Book the return from LHR, again separate PNRs. Little boxes turn blue when checking upgrade availability, P5 on EF, no go on the Eupgrade site.

Phone the SE desk, get the usual R space must be available line, almost HUCA but try it one more time with the agent. He phones the resource desk and she says no. Quote him the above, spoon feed him the web page address and the light goes on. Back to the help desk and finally I am told they will fix it but can't do it till this morning.

Sure enough email arrives upgrading myself and email arrives waitlisting my wife who has no status but is my nominee. And, of course, revenue management has zeroed out P.
Phone in again, explaining the situation to a very nice agent who says,"I have been here 28 years and did not know that".
Around we go, finally get my wife upgraded and I am waitlisted instead, best case scenario. I am not too worried being an SE and on a Lat FP, it should clear before T-24

2 1/2 hours lost to this debacle and I still don't have what AC specifically outlines I should have.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eh, that's another few agents who learned this.

Eventually most will have learned the hard way.

(Never happened to me BTW.)
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stranger
Eh, that's another few agents who learned this.

Eventually most will have learned the hard way.

(Never happened to me BTW.)
Has happened to me, multiple agents on one u/g request and plenty of my time wasted. Weekends are worst as route controllers tend to be off
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Same here. Given my travel patterns ever since this rule with P bucket was introduced awhile ago, I've got nothing but time wasting garbage from 100% of the call centre agents. I loathe calling in because I always get the same drivel.

On occasion I've received assistance from certain lurkers after spending too much time with futility.

Most call centre agents know little and are pretty lazy. Not all, but many.

All their garbage goes to Freedom55.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Aspan
From the AC website
"For eligible customers travelling on international flights with a Latitude (booking classes Y and B) or Premium Economy Flexible (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “P” booking class at time of request. For eligible customers travelling on North American and Caribbean flights with a Latitude (booking class Y, B) or Premium Economy Flexible fare (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “Z” booking class at time of request."
For reference, the T&Cs mentioned are found on the How to Request your eUpgrade page, under the "How upgrade availability is determined for upgrades to Business Class" and then the "Between the time of reservation and up to 24 hours prior to departure" dropdowns.

I have had this discussion too many times with the Super Elite desk.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hi

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it after a search.

I usually book paid business transatlantic, as the space is important to me for a long flight. That said, when I was booking tonight, I saw that a latitude fare was substantially cheaper than booking paid business.

The flight is currently J9Z9P0R4 on ExpertFlyer (AC873, June 28).

Firstly, how common is it that R>P? I've never seen that before.

Second, I know latitude upgrade availability is based on P class, and Flex is based on R. But does that mean that I can't upgrade now as P=0? Can upgrade space really be more limited for higher fares, presumably to prevent people from confirming upgrades ahead of time?

Thanks

KP
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by ywgckp
Hi

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it after a search.

I usually book paid business transatlantic, as the space is important to me for a long flight. That said, when I was booking tonight, I saw that a latitude fare was substantially cheaper than booking paid business.

Second, I know latitude upgrade availability is based on P class, and Flex is based on R. But does that mean that I can't upgrade now as P=0? Can upgrade space really be more limited for higher fares, presumably to prevent people from confirming upgrades ahead of time?

Thanks

KP
Latitude upgrades to J uses R or P for international.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ywgckp
Hi

Thanks

KP
You can upgrade a Latitude fare if either R or P class is available (for int'l flights), though you may have to call in to process the upgrade since the website doesn't always realize this.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Great, thanks to both of you.

On aircanada.com - if I filter by eUpgrade availability, it says I'll be waitlisted with a latitude fair (but upgrade space is available for Flex).

I presume this is just a glitch?

KP
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Latitude is refundable AND you can cancel within 24 hours.

Book the flight, call in to upgrade, tell them there's R space, and if everything fails, just cancel it.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:53 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Book the flight, call in to upgrade, tell them there's R space, and if everything fails, just cancel it.
I would even try doing it online before bothering to phone​ in. After all, the system never seems to work when R0 P>0, so maybe if it's P0 R>0, it will just process it automatically.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:04 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I upgraded a Latitude booking I made last week. Expert flyer showed no P or R. The AC website showed grey , not blue little square.

Completed booking and tried to upgrade. I was upgraded.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Was that flight within North America or Caribbean? Because that only needs Z space.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
AC needs some way to incentivize lazy agents to actually read and understand ACpedia.

Or in some parts of the world, it's called doing your job.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
AC needs some way to incentivize lazy agents to actually read and understand ACpedia.

Or in some parts of the world, it's called doing your job.
But are they paid according to what the job is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.