Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Posting wrong miles to Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Add me to the list, S postings on a W ticket.

I emailed Air Canada and there is a memo at Aeroplan to that effect
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
That is great news, however, that only indicates that they have corrected the problem moving forward since you flew 72 hours ago and that is the usual posting timeline for Aeroplan.

The irritation by many is for the previous flights that have not been retroactively corrected. I am one, and there are many others.
PW Your post is 100% correct. The other poster is full of Cr**P as usual.

My 10th July Z class flights posted correctly.

My 8th July Z class international flight posted as "S".
I was told by AE & AC July 8th flight will not be retroactively corrected. I will have to request the correction by sending email request.
I was advised if sent to AE Documents can take several weeks or months.
Suggestion to send to superelite@ aircanada.ca. Did. & guess what, the email was directed to Aeroplan . Aeroplan's response, contact the partner carrier.
Back to square one. I have to resend emails.

It was a big mistake on my part to book AC in Z. In hindsight I should have booked my Z class ticket on *A & credit AE & would not have to deal with this nonsense. My Sept Transpacific Z is going to be booked with *A & future Z class until AC has fixed the bug.

Again the other poster is full of Cr**p as usual.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
just had same issue. YYZ- LAX, booked on flight pass. One way showed up as an S fare but return was correct as an M fare. sent AE and email
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by zsm1928
just had same issue. YYZ- LAX, booked on flight pass. One way showed up as an S fare but return was correct as an M fare. sent AE and email
I just noticed that mine is the same ... S to go to USA ... return in M ... both on same "M" flight pass ...
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by zsm1928
BTW don't waste your time with AE they told me it's an AC issue!!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
BTW don't waste your time with AE they told me it's an AC issue!!
Unfortunately, emails to AC are being auto directed to AE.

I am not booking anymore Z on AC until this issue is resolved.

Z class booked on partners I am told are being credited correctly, that maybe the option to take for now.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Just off the phone with an AE agent about a flight I took July 8 on a flex pass. Miles posted as 25% of miles flown instead of the normal 100%.

Agent said this error is widespread and results from an input error by AC that will probably take a couple of weeks to get fixed. The error has been caught and repaired for newer flights I was told.

same issue July 8 V posted as an S. thanks for the heads up.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
One suspects if they'd posted too many points, a retroactive fix would be forthcoming much sooner
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I ran into this last year a couple times as AC was playing with fare buckets (first moving Flex fares to Tango, and then to harmonize their fare classes across *Alliance). In both cases AC communicated with AE without intervention and resolved the problem, although it did take several weeks. So unless any of you need your miles for e-credit thresholds, be patient and save yourself some paperwork.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
The irritation by many is for the previous flights that have not been retroactively corrected. I am one, and there are many others.
Why the cardiac arrest over a mistake that will be corrected. If it changes your status or makes you miss the next e cert accumulation you can call AC and explain your situation. I have never seen them NOT react positively to a situation like that.
Fact is it was an IT screwup and it will be corrected. My bank has made them, very few admittedly, among other institutions I deal with so it does happen. We don't live in a perfect world. I'm sure that if the mistake was in your favour you wouldn't notify AC as statistics seem to indicate.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
PW Your post is 100% correct. The other poster is full of Cr**P as usual.

Again the other poster is full of Cr**p as usual.
Based on what intelligence is that remark made. You have been "counselling" anywhere AC execs for many years on how to run their airline yet it is still not anywhere close to your satisfaction/perfection levels. I wonder why they are not listening. Are they full of the same stuff also?

You seem to have a "special relationship" with the Ben's so they should fix it for you as a special customer in a heartbeat if you ask them on their thread. You "counsel" them about everything else that bothers you about AC and they are about customer satisfaction improvement so lets hope you fix it for all of us who flew on July 8.

Last edited by loosegoose; Jul 14, 2014 at 2:34 am
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moorw003
One suspects if they'd posted too many points, a retroactive fix would be forthcoming much sooner
Would you be in a hurry to report a mistake in your favour?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Booked paid J Class on July 8 and was credited tango so I'm out 125% of my status miles.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Why the cardiac arrest over a mistake that will be corrected. If it changes your status or makes you miss the next e cert accumulation you can call AC and explain your situation. I have never seen them NOT react positively to a situation like that.
Fact is it was an IT screwup and it will be corrected. My bank has made them, very few admittedly, among other institutions I deal with so it does happen. We don't live in a perfect world. I'm sure that if the mistake was in your favour you wouldn't notify AC as statistics seem to indicate.

Will be corrected....that's a hopeful statement. Attention to detail should be there for any company that I deal with and while mistakes happen, AC and AE are more prone to them than any other airline I have dealt with over the years. The finger-pointing between the 2 companies is utterly ridiculous.

As far as not reporting an over-credit and your assumption, dead wrong. In fact, the last over crediting I received was from Starwood and the agent I spoke with twice said 'thank you for bringing it to our attention, but let's leave it as it is.'

When you report 'that everything is or will be fixed' to other FTers, when it clearly IS NOT, that's when people get irritated.

As I have said again and again here, AE sees itself simply as a clearing house for 'loyalty mileage' and even if they and AC are responsible for the ongoing IT errors, their agents have been instructed to point the finger back at the operating carriers. This should be a case study on how to piss off your loyal customers. @:-)
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Will be corrected....that's a hopeful statement. Attention to detail should be there for any company that I deal with and while mistakes happen, AC and AE are more prone to them than any other airline I have dealt with over the years. The finger-pointing between the 2 companies is utterly ridiculous.

As far as not reporting an over-credit and your assumption, dead wrong. In fact, the last over crediting I received was from Starwood and the agent I spoke with twice said 'thank you for bringing it to our attention, but let's leave it as it is.'

When you report 'that everything is or will be fixed' to other FTers, when it clearly IS NOT, that's when people get irritated.

As I have said again and again here, AE sees itself simply as a clearing house for 'loyalty mileage' and even if they and AC are responsible for the ongoing IT errors, their agents have been instructed to point the finger back at the operating carriers. This should be a case study on how to piss off your loyal customers. @:-)
This is the first time ever I have had a problem like this other than the odd flight not posting at all which was fixed immediately. Again, I ask why the cardiac palpitations for an immediate fix if it was, as noted, a system breakdown. if it takes several weeks or months I would say a complaint was valid but this only came to light last Thursday which was when I brought it to both AC and AE's attention. It is obviously a software fix that might take some programming time to capture all the flights that were posted wrongly. It goes into a "must do" list of other foxes I'm sure they have almost daily in such a complex system.

Nobody pointed fingers in my calls. AE said it was a posting error by AC who acknowledged that fact to me. AE was right to say it was an AC posting error but there was no finger pointing as such.

Again, why the " I want it and I want it now" urgency? In my case it is delaying receipt of e certs at the next threshold level but I'm not about to run out next week or month. If your need is really urgent call AC and they will probably accommodate you on that basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.